You didn’t fix any of anas major problems

Ana, the only support that requires another support to be some what useful.

Thanks for digging up that post. :]

2 Likes

I’d love to hear what Geoff thinks Moira’s weaknesses are.

1 Like

It’s funny that you mention Moira.

Moria healing through barriers is on the Known bug list. Apparently is she not meant to heal teammates through barriers.

Proof:

But yes I do agree with you. Ana contribute less than other healers in a team thanks to her weaknesses. Her anti heal is great, but not enough am I afraid.

November until May; 7 months and it’s still not fixed?

We’re almost in JUNE and she can still do it

And even if they DO fix it; because of how her heals work she still offers the HoT effect after people pass by barriers (Kinda like how Lucio can’t heal through barriers, but his heal lingers 3 seconds after breaking LoS)

Plus she still has her orb to help supplement this if they DO fix it

Ana is just SoL for helping people behind barriers

Which wouldn’t be so bad if you could actually use your grenade for the team and toss it at the people who have come back across the barrier

Oh but it’s still on cooldown because you lost 70 hp from chip damage; sorry Ana, you should have been playing a better support!

1 Like

Wait she’s healing enemies now!? No wonder she’s F tier

1 Like

Those r the weaknesses that the devs wanted to keep on her. All heroes have to have some sort of weakness to keep them balanced. Ana’s weaknesses are just easier to take adavantage of, especially against dive. Ana also has some of the best utility if u use them properly. She has the best healing of u land all of ur shots and that got is getting a buff too. She has plenty of strengths to balance out their weaknesses. Also btw the self-nano can used in FFA which is kinda just a tiny buff for her in FFA.

She is also the only healer who can immediately heal without being out of combat, with the exception of Moira who can heal while tickling the enemy or just like Ana by using an ability on cooldown

Ana being able to nade herself is NOT a handicap and you should use it whenever you need it and there’s no healthpack in sight

This gets her nowhere. Look at her pick and winrate compared to all the other healers. It is a handicap. A strength only means something if its an actual strength.

2 Likes

The nade is really the biggest reason you’d even pick Ana in the first place. It’s her greatest asset, by far.

If you’re only using it to keep yourself alive, it’s being wasted and you might as well just play Moira instead

1 Like

her win rates and pick rates mean nothing, the fact that her best use cases are so difficult is what drives people away from her but in the end the answer for Ana is very simple, if you can’t play her, then don’t play her or invest quite a bit of time finding out when and where she’s at her strongest

I’m no saying the use is for her only, you aren’t low on health all the time and if you can’t hit sleep dart or if you don’t use range to your advantage then of course you’ll be in danger all the time and will need to nade yourself, there is however a balance and a finesse on knowing when and where you use these skills

Mercy, Moira, Brigitte, and Lucio can all heal in combat situations?

Sure not as much as Ana has the ability to, but the all still can.

Also if you’re using your grenade in combat, that’s value lost for the team unless you’re within 6 metres of them; which then goes against one of Ana’s “strengths” of being ranged.

So using your grenade on JUST yourself is a handicap when no other support has their most useful tools just to stay in the game.

Also not being at full health for a support is a HUGE risk; there’s so much mobility in the game that at any moment an enemy can close the gap on you in a few seconds leaving you totally without anything to save yourself

Also like the fact that her “win rates and pick rates mean nothing”; guess that means Brigitte is totally balanced and fine! She’s easy to use and thus should have such high winrates in every rank :slight_smile:

1 Like

You eliminate yourself from being taken seriously by this. Even in GM among the best players in the game she is the least picked support and she has the lowest winrate. It truly shows how limited people’s understanding is when they can’t see that even among the best players in the game she is not a great option.

She’s not strong, the facts show that at all levels of play. There is no other support that would trade being able instantly heal themselves over their reliable passive healing, not one.

Edit: Even if I were to take her instant heal being “strong” as a credible argument, I’d fully be open to giving it up if it means she had a more reliable form of healing.

1 Like

This is the bread and butter of this argument, they can heal themselves over time, Ana does this immediately every 10 seconds and chip damage doesn’t stops her from healing

Not being at full health is a risk for every character, you need to know how to play when low on health on everyone, you don’t see tracers with 10 HP hitting pulse bombs, it’s nuts, same goes for any support, when they are low health they retreat until they are back up, why should Ana be any different? and furthermore, considering that Ana can heal way faster than everyone else, she IS in fact different in that aspect and even stronger than most other supports when considering self healing, the only set back is the fact that you need to be mindful of when and where to use it

If Range is a problem because you need to nade yourself and also your team, then make a sacrifice, every support does this by being in the thick of things, Mercy sometimes rez people on the enemy team’s faces and if she dies on the process is all cool, oh but Ana? no she has to be able to heal you from across the map and stay perfectly safe, because you know, logic

And I would not, the fact that YOU can’t stay alive for long enough and that you have awful positioning, decision making and/or aim does not concerns me in the littlest bit, Ana is more than fine and with the changes on the ptr she’ll be great

2 Likes

I look at GM players then I look at Bronze>Gold Ana players who think the character is fine and I just laugh. When YOU can make the character work at a passable level feel free to throw out ad-hominems.

True that. The only chance you have of escaping conflict if people dive you is the sleep dart which you have to aim hecka carefully but if there is more than one enemy, you’re pretty well dead

Well I can assure you that I try way more than what most people do because I’m not bothered by what works on high ranks and what doesn’t, I play on my level with people who has my problems, whatever it is that happens on the league does not concerns me either, also try saying that to the likes of Ryujehong and gale who still pick up Ana under certain situations, no character should be mandatory and I suggest that if you want to look an OWL where people simply one tricks then please switch games

You have no understanding of what works and what doesn’t in neither rank nor design-wise, and the proof is that you want to break a perfectly viable character because of pick/win rates, that from breaking mercy into overpowered oblivion because she’s “unfun” go hand in hand

1 Like

Anyone who argues that Ana is okay or even “strong” LMAO is delusional or being a contrarian on purpose.

If the top tier of players in the game- the people with the best mechanical ability, the best game knowledge, the best positioning- don’t utilize her because she has too many shortcomings to justify being picked over the other two main healers then that says all you need to know. If she were anywhere close to being in an okay spot, then her stats wouldn’t be so abysmal. Her utility is worthless if it can’t be utilized because she’s constantly having to defend herself out of desperation. Playing Ana even if you’re incredible at her is like squeezing water out of a rock.

4 Likes

If you haven’t figured out yet the game isn’t balanced around players who are going to drop down to Silver. Or Symettra and Pharah would have received super nerfs by now. I have no doubt that for the lowest tiers of the game people can make anything work because everyone is comparatively bad.

In fact when I started this game I played in the lower tiers and I’m fully aware of the type of play that goes on. You can get away with anything because people rarely play specifically to counter characters. Even in Silver and Gold statistically if you want to pick a support and lose you’d want to pick Ana. From statistics to basic knowledge of the character she is a bad choice.

1 Like

I think if they give her a more mobile retreat method besides just the sleep dart, it would allow her to be able to get back to a health pack and not waste a biotic nade.

You mean two players who have openly said they will swap off Ana because they want to win? Those players??

2 Likes