You did a poor job balancing Doomfist

I am willing to bet that all the people whining about these nerfs laughed endlessly when other heroes got the same.

Hypocrites.

He is still pretty broken thank you come again.

If you donā€™t care about his nerfs why are you in a thread about doomfist nerfs?

Next time donā€™t go into a gay bar and complain when others think youā€™re gay.

Because a year ago people were asking for doomfist buffs then mistake was put into the game and suddenly he became OP when the only thing that changed was mistake was added to the game.

Itā€™s funny. You donā€™t think thatā€™s funny? Itā€™s really funny. I think itā€™s funny.

No, they did a poor job designing Doomfist. If they have designed him properly he wouldnt be so hard to balance between garbage and oppressive af

3 Likes

No more mongo players pressing every button and globaling me in the backline. Sign me up.

So you saying they should listen to everything? there are people complaining about nano blade dudeā€¦ should they nerf it too?

they did a better job of balancing him than brigitteā€¦ doomfist was playable for those with an acquired taste for heroes with difficult mechanics.

a 5 year old could play brigitte and instantly broke the game when she was released.

the only thing less tested than brigitte was before release is a man thatā€™s went out for a night with the boys after his wife done said ā€œits fine, go have your boys night outā€ without even hesitating to walk out the door 5 seconds later

His whole concept was poorly thought out.

Even his launch. Do you think his rein-sized RP was fun or balanced? Because it wasnā€™t even close to being balanced.

The one thing that broke DF were his plethora of unnecessary buffs. ALL he needed were bugfixes, not buffs.

Im not saying Brigitte is good design but there are ways to avoid Brigitte, high ground for example or picking one of the many heroes that had higher mobility than her. Heck, even heroes with lower mobility like roadhog could easily melt her shield and combo her down. That is one reason why Doomfist have felt more oppressive than Brigitte for me and many others

He was a complete victim of circumstance. Since the beginning we all said he was underpowered because he was buggy. They took too long to fix the bugs (case and point heā€™s still buggy) and buffed him to compensate. If we had his original kit without bugs literally nobody would be complaining

Letā€™s seeā€¦

Handcannon still does the same damage.
Rocket punch still does the same damage.
He still generates 35 shields per ability hit.

Thatā€™s three things they didnā€™t nerf, so considering thatā€™s literally half of his kit that was untouched I think your point is a bit wrong.

Secondlyā€¦they increased the inner radius for his Ult was increased, so the damage nerf is hardly a straight nerf. (overall yes, but not exclusively)

Thatā€™s not an accurate comparison at all. Junkratā€™s whole damage dealing tools are his grenades and his mines, both of which are ultra slow projectiles one with obnoxious small size and the other with a terrible central fall off. You have zero control on what happens after you aim your best shot and that super slow projectile leaves your launcher. every single shot is a gamble of hit or miss across all ranks and there is nothing you can do about it, you simply can not gain skill at something that is beyond your control. They made junk into an actual spam hero now from the one he was before.

Doomfist on the other hand is a melee hero with each of his attacks are three times as fast as any of junkratā€™s projectiles. skill actually is a determinator factor of the shots he lands now, they just made it so that his victims are not perfectly lined up after air lunched for him to just click on them. which is a great balance dicions, heā€™s super tankiness provided by armor combined with his unparalleled mobility made him jump in and out of combat with zero risk which was his major balance issue and something had to give. Now you have to have actual skills to plan out your engagements and get high reward for successful attempt and proper punish for failure.

I have no doubt that the ppl who are dedicated to play doomfist will adapt and continue to do work with him, The only ones who whine are those who have been abusing him so far for free sr.

They didnā€™t. They say they did in the patchnotes, but in game itā€™s actually SMALLER. I would assume this to be a bug, but it was mentioned for WEEKS on the ptr and wasnā€™t changed, so who knows

edit: an image someone else posted.

Yeah, I donā€™t like doomfist but they didnā€™t role reassign or adjust the way he played like brig, they just nerfed him. Maybe if they gave him a bow and arrow with a sonic arrow he would be better.

1 Like

Ana sleep easier to land than a seismic slam? :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

no, they did a good job, df is now a high skill hero he was supposed to be, now you canā€™t just delete people by flying across the map and make others useless, you actaully need to think now hunny.

3 Likes

Why is he not suitable?

Doomfist feels like a character that is played in a Singleplayer mode, and every other player in a Doomfistā€™s game are NPCā€™s.

Thereā€™s no real balance between Doomfist and most other Heroes.

Of course its not. You like junkrat. It makes a difference when you like a character.

Nah.

You just got to aim more. If youre accurate- Hell still do every bit as much damage as he used to. All they did was raise his skill floor. No more free 120 damage in a 6 meter bubble. Now you have to be accurate with your shots.

Skill was always a factor.

Despite popular belief by people who dont play doomfist- Uppercut was, much like MOST things in the game- anything but consistent.

A billion things could send either doomfist OR his target, often both, in odd directions. It was anything but a freebie ā€œline upā€ shot. Hes always had to realize when he or his target were going in an odd direction- and reaim. It doesnt just put people in your cross hairs for free- never has. Maybe it ā€œshould under ideal circumstancesā€. But overwatchs physics are anything but consistent. And i promise you, doomfist wasnt the exception here.

These changes have done little for the ā€œaimā€ doomfist has needed.

But unlike junkrat, who ā€œwith aim!ā€, can still do his previous potential damage- Doomfist is losing potential damage in a lot of situations. You can be dead center with meteor strike- and do less damage than before. The range reduction on a targeted slam doesnt just mean he has less mobility to get around, it also means he has less air time to acquire the damage he used to- And is a direct nerf to targeted slam damage.

Which again, is all ā€œfineā€. These changes were MEANT to nerf doomfist.

The point is and always has bene however- Its dubious to go parading around like hes going to suddenly ā€œneed more skillā€, especially in the ā€œaimā€ department. Hes always had to aim. The amount of aim hell need now, is basically the same. Its nerfing him in various other ways- as it was intended to.

First off- Absolutely no one was ā€œabusingā€ doomfist for ā€œfree srā€. This seems like its becoming a mandatory complaint to include when youre complaining about a hero now.

Second- Its not JUST doomfist players who are concerned over his state. In basically every thread on the topic there have been both doomfist, and non doomfist players voicing concern. You can see many of them here.