You did a poor job balancing Doomfist

Consider this: His power came from the fact that once you were knocked into the air by him, you were afforded exactly zero counter play outside of “lol just sleep dart him”… Which only one hero could do, and not even consistently. If the only reason he was strong was because you didn’t need to make any effort in aiming because the enemy was locked into place and actually had no way of defending themselves, then playing him was too easy, and he deserved the nerf he got.

Literally the only change is that you can move a bit to the left or right now, if that’s such a massive nerf then maybe you weren’t very good with him to begin with, and were simply capitalizing on the massive crutch that is your enemy’s utter defenselessness.

1 Like

It feels like Blizzard has never played Doomfist and just heard about him doing real good and nerfed him based on that. I play a lot of Zen and delete him regularly with right click and prediction because I play Doomfist too.

you know what I just LOVE about these posts? You state a problem. That’s all. You give no ideas for improvement, no suggestions, nothing. All you do is state a problem. If you want something fixed, then say what you want fixed, what part of the kit needs to be buffed and what part could then be slightly nerfed to keep it in check. If you don’t give any ideas for improvement, don’t complain. An example of an idea would be:
*Bring back the rocket punch jump(Idk what it’s called but when you hit space and it sent you further) but then put the ability on a longer cooldown, like 5 seconds instead of 4.
*Buff the damage of his primary by 2 per shot, but make its reload 0.01s longer

Please offer some advice, don’t just say “This sucks. I don’t like it.”

My main is zenyatta lmao

Yet you have more time played on Doom. Funny that.

There were so many ideas on the PTR posts that were straight up ignored.

then why not restate one of them? It would make this post seem much more reasonable.

In qp maybe. I have way more time on other heroes than I do on Doom. I play a variety of heroes, which is why it’s so puzzling to me that people say it’s hard to counter DF.

It’s not hard to counter doomfist. the problem is none of doomfist counters can prevent him from getting a pick before taking him out. if that pick is on a main healer, even if he dies, your team already won the team fight.

1 Like

so then the state of doomfist of coming in out of nowhere, slam uppercut in under 1 second giving you no time to counterplay it then you lose character control for up to 3 seconds, but you are dead before then because you lost 150HP by the time he uppercut you with an ez primary fire and then right clicks out of ults and kills the supports that was a fine state? lol

Implement uppercut nerf only, maybe the ult change too imo would be the way to go

Apply the uppercut nerf, revert the shield buff. Test those 2, then alter him more if it’s not enough

Good. Now find other hero to appply those superior skills on to.

The slam distance didn’t need a nerf, I’ll give you that OP. Everything else was perfectly reasonable.

2 Likes

Destroying a character, even if I personally hate it, is not a good job.

2 Likes

Ok cry me river. There was barely any sympathy for when any other hero got nerfed, this will be no different and no you’re not special.

3 Likes

Slam literally has a visible cone of attack so you know exactly where it will land, it affects everyone in it and is basically a 2 dimensional attack. Dart requires waaay more aim since it can miss in 3 dimensions, it affects only one person, and can be intercepted by unintended enemies. Plus all it takes is someone to deal damage, regardless of how much, to wake the sleeped enemy, so there is always the chance that sleeping someone does next to nothing.

3 Likes

Yeah, specifically supports

Welcome to the Mercy community…

I really really don’t like Doomfist as Ana main. But in my humble opinion, this nerf is kinda too much. Welcome to #reworkmercy community. #revertdoomfist maybe?

2 Likes