Yes. Please force dive meta

What part of tracer main don’t you understand i literally one tricked tracer to diamond in ow1 and here.
.what part of playstyle change are you not getting?

Your whole point is to dismiss that tracer playstyle change doesn’t occur when her dmg is changed regardless of rank

Is as dumb as saying brigs play style didn’t change when we changed launch brig to brig 2.0

I do understand. What you’re not getting is that the difference between a diamond and masters/gm Tracer isn’t damage, it’s movement and timing.

On the rare occasion I run into diamond Tracers they’ll go after the backline and I’ll just kill them or scare them away. A masters or gm Tracer will dance around Junks damage and continue to get value. This was true in OW1, true at the start of OW2 and is still true now. That’s the difference and it’s why the damage is irrelevant for lower ranked Tracers.

2 Likes

Are you kidding :joy: please atleast play the hero sometime.

You will give grey a run at this rate.

Ok. Carry on focusing on damage :man_shrugging:

No there have been assassin tracer’s in gm always, tracer always had two playstyles assassin disruptor depending on enemy comp and maps and situation you wove in between these two.

The issue after 5.5 and illiari was assassin playstyle was lost in all ranks.

6 may bring it back to all ranks depending on how the match up against illiari goes.

I can’t explain it further to you.

Gm can play that way to to movement and timing.

There has never been a time in the history of Overwatch when Tracer has been good in all ranks or even in diamond. Ever. Not even at the height of Tracers S+ tier in OW1.

Except every rank can play that too my gawd.

See you are confusing being meta in all ranks to saying there can’t be tracer mains in any ranks that can play well enough to OTP them to that rank using her playstyle.

They can’t play it well or get the same value. Obviously.

Maining a hero at a given rank doesn’t make that hero good at that rank. It also doesn’t mean every buff will impact that rank as different ranks struggle due to different issues. For lower ranked Tracers the issue is her fragility and how that impacts her skill floor.

You are again talking about people who pick tracer and can’t get value.

But a tracer main means I’m getting value in that rank means the so called fragile issue you say is irrelevant to the mains in the rank.

Cause if not why the hell can I play her now too.

It’s cause i adapted to more disruptor playstyle which is not the most exciting playstyle.

You probably want to beleive that you can only airshot on junkrat cause you are gm, guess what some junkrat in lower elos is doing that too.

It’s dumb at this point to even explain.

You want to act as though this .5 dmg won’t even help tracer’s below gm.

I think pr will make it clear over the next season.

It’s not irrelevant if they want to climb. Which is why she’s never, ever been good below masters at the very minimum.

You are again talking with overbuff mass data.

If I have 50+ wr it means I’m antifragile in that rank.

It’s as simple as that.

Either way the topic was about.5 dmg opening up assassin playstyle in all ranks and it does to not think so is just being obtuse.

It’s fine that we disagree. I hope it does help you if that’s worth anything.

1 Like

It simply won’t happen cause I say so😤

Also regarding power creep why is stylosa also using the term.

The only thing I could see as power creep would be Winston getting full dmg against Armor.
Even that could be wrong if we go by your logic that it’s just adding complexity.

But complexity is only a problem when it becomes unmanageable. It’s a range, not an On/Off switch. Which isn’t really a big deal with how few characters we have compared to League or DotA per role.

And there’s far more factors that are limiting Worthwhile+Unique Choices than “Something got Buffed”

_

That said, what he’s talking about is the equivalent of “Bro Science”, when it comes to looking how professionals are supposed to approach the more empirical aspects of Gameplay Design.

It’s just taking a vague guideline, and acting like it’s an absolute gospel that’s always relevant.

_

And if anything, League and DotA have mostly solved the issues with “Power Budget Inflation”, by doing bimonthly patches with mostly minor algorithmic changes.

_

Which incidentally, I was mentioning the Overwatch devs could do something like that.

[OW2] How to automate Tank Balance

1 Like

What are you yappin about?

The dive characters need to be balanced which they fundamentally aren’t and have historically been near-impossible to balance, especially Tracer. Just buffing them to push a meta is a bad idea, especially these characters that contributed to the creation of those other metas you’re complaining about.

S76 is annoying but his kit can fundamentally be balanced. When S76 is out of line, they can tweak things and/or make small changes to bring him back in line. Characters like Tracer and Winston have always swung too far on both sides of the balance line and can do so very easily.

We’ve literally already had a dive meta in OW2 so what am I talking about….

WE LITERALLY ALREADY HAD DIVE META IN OW2 WHICH ALREADY LEAD TO CHANGES THAT THE COMMUNITY IS STILL WHINING ABOUT HEAVILY WITHIN THE SUPPORT ROLE. WINSTON WAS META, TRACER WAS META, GENJI WAS META!. This just proves my point, every time dive is meta and they just buff the dive characters, they literally negatively impact the rest of the game as a whole.

Look at how people still complain about Kiriko and Illari landing two headshots. You cannot make an aim-intensive ability to counter a character designed to counter aim-intensive things. Tracer could have gotten reworked but I have a feeling people would whine about that… a lot. I don’t see many Tracer mains asking for a rework instead of adding Brigitte-like solutions, either. They are just praising the buffs which already have and will continue to lead to more Brigitte/mag nade-like solutions.

1 Like

Unless you’re the one target. :crying_cat_face:

Hi Paws! <3

1 Like

Asking for force dive is asking for supports getting even stronger in the long haul.

how so? only tracer is aim intensive in dive, winston, genji, brig and zen are no aim intensive.

Mhm even though I don’t play “the one target” anymore it’s such a bad experience I’ll always push back when people praise dive

ฅ^≗ω≗^ฅ

I’ll take some support player suffering for a bit, for a meta that requires brain activity for once.