Y'all hate roadhog so much?

Just be honest and admit Hog is a DPS wrongly put in tank category because he’s fat

5 Likes

I prefer to think of him as chunky.

2 Likes

torb is a better hog counter than reaper thanks to armor and overload making him able to survive hook combo

1 Like

I don’t have that much of an issue with Hog because usually the absolute worst players are the ones who pick him.

ana exists, mei exists, sombra exists

you dont need reaper buffs to counter hog

3 Likes

Can confirm this guy was a hog player and had fun making his life miserable

https://imgur.com/a/jePmops

Also should nerf his range down to 15m

1 Like

He’s indeed a very chonky lad

1 Like

Just some extra tips:
-The first thing to keep in mind the first thing a roadhog will try to do is use its hook. If it hasnt already used it, keep that in mind when you are in his line of sight and positionning yourself

-The Second thing to keep in mind is dont throw your everything at a roadhog that still hasn’t used or is using its breather unless he’s far below half health. Otherwise, he will be able to regain 50% of his health and while healing he has insane damage resistance. However you can use that at your advantage by giving him a hard blow and try to make him waste his healing so you (and your team) can overwhelm him right after you made him used it as a pre-emptive defensive measure.

-Lastly, Roadhog is insanely annoying to deal with, yes. But that’s if you do it alone. Roadhog is powerful but slow and he’s mostly designed around single target combat and isolation, his ult mostly serving as a last resort to get out of a pickle. Otherwise, roadhog struggles against more than 1 enemy fighting him at what would otherwise be his comfort zone. All of roadhog’s attacks are slow and built around single target so having to deal with multiple threats that overwhelms him with damage from different direction/angle will force him to retreat with his own team. Unless your hero is built to go against a hog in a 1 v 1 situation, its preferable you never engage it alone or stick with your team and do call outs when you see one. (like you would for a sniper or bastion)

Also barriers blocks roadhog’s hook without questions and roadhog’s gun aint too great against them. Keep that in mind when protecting yourself or team mates. But dont take them for granted otherwise hog is just gonna walk up to you and shoot you like it was no big deal.

20m is ‘‘close range’’ when its Hog’s hook but 15m is too much range for Symmetra to have, apparently.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

lol, indeed. Certainly an odd situation. I’d love to see it dropped to 10m.

1 Like

Also 15m takes up the entire map regarding D.va DM according to dps 0layers, which its so unfair to dps because the cant make pew pew pew

3 Likes

I do not HATE roadhog. But I am not happy that the hook tends to clip through walls and pull players through otherwise visually obstructed solid barriers that are rendered into the map. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a way to kill a character but you seem to approve of that anyway so not surprised

Better yet.

Nerf the range of hook combo.

Give Roadhog an actual Tanking move to cycle with another tank so that they don’t go off as a third dps every game infuriating all 11 other players in the match.

4 Likes

The amount of people ignore Hog especially flanking is a Smashing discovery. Except for Ana’s they are built different

I don’t hate to play against roadhog, so I don’t see any reason to buff other for that reason.

I hate roadhog for being a useless wannabe tank that sole cares for his stats and doesn’t contribute to the objective.

Most Rhog players play him as DPS to get kills. When on “Attack” he stalls his own teams space with his game strategy (standing around and waiting for a hook oportunity). His playstyle can have a big negative impact on the teams performance if picked on the wrong map/side.
But he will have 4 gold medals at the end and think he is superior and start to brag about this teammates. Rhogs often focus medals and ignore the objective and don’t realize that this is the reason why their team looses (e.g. on Attack).

Imho they should turn Doomfist into a tank while turning Rhog into a dps. Ability-wise this would make much more sense and would cause much less problems. (note that the stats of the heroes would need to be adjusted to reflect this chance).

1 Like

Hogs hook isn’t a problem tbh. If there’s one problem with him, I think it’s his ult charge buff with how much he heals

I usually laugh when I’m playing in a lower elo as hog when someone picks reaper as a desperate attempt to counter then tea bag them after they fail

1 Like

Well duh, why should hog have 20m on hook and yet people complained about symm gun 15m range? Heck even Dva got her 15m DM nerfed
Whats so special about hog that he should keep those 20m range? If he gets to keep his cheap one shot kill at least it should be high risk- high reward, not this bs cheese we have right now

3 Likes

This feels not much different right now.
Current Hog is even tankier as he was back then.