Ximmers are Awful at the Game

It’s not “better hardware” dude. It’s cheating. Those other games that allow kbm on console don’t give them aim assist for a reason. Aim assist on kbm is broken and makes you think you’re better than you are. You obviously xim and have to find ways to justify that you aren’t cheating, when you clearly are.

It’s not really that incomparable. Have you ever tried playing on a really bad computer, against someone on a really good computer? It’s a pretty big disadvantage. Just as I imagine controller on console is against a keyboard and mouse.

(and no I don’t lol)

1 Like

Forces you onto PC servers

Forces you onto PC

Single player game so it don’t matter

Single player game so it don’t matter

Also Ubisoft creating artificial lag with Rainbow Six Siege

Because it’s a massive advantage that you pay to have over everyone else and so it’s technically pay-to-win

Warzone and Fortnite support it, yes, but they also force you to play on PC servers. I wonder how many others do it lol.

“Instead of just buying xim.”

The problem isn’t even console players using kb/mouse but having aim assist in top of that. Way to miss the point lol…

3 Likes

It’s funny, Xim users don’t admit they use it, but you get people saying that xim users would join PC lobbies if they had the chance, then you have PC elitists on the sidelines like “you’re T500 console, you’d barely be plat on PC” lmao

1 Like

I already said against PC players, yeah, I think that’s cheating. But I’m not really talking about that. I’m talking about against other console players. And simply pointing out, they just have better hardware than a controller.

If I have a low level graphics card, and bad internet connection, I’m not calling someone a cheater because they have a fast internet connection and top of the line graphics card. Even though that does give them a huge advantage. That’s all I’m saying.

Keyboard and mouse with aim assist against keyboard and mouse without aim assist, yeah, that’s cheating. But, if you want to go down that alley, you have to call controller with aim assist borderline cheating against PC players also. And that’s not what I’m discussing.

They should make ximmers lag so bad.

And just enable keyboard and mouse lobbies for those that don’t want to cheat.

1 Like

Components of a PC or TV that you need to play a game are not comparable to buying an entirely different device to force the undesired hardware to work. Such a ridiculous excuse.

1 Like

I think Blizzard has said they would ban it if they could. Have they said they would ban high refresh rate monitors or gaming mice?

I think they did say that somewhere, yes. /s

Wouldn’t it be more “fair” though if one person couldn’t use a gaming mouse or better hardware to gain an advantage though? Similar to how using a keyboard and mouse gives you an advantage on console

you are lucky you don’t play Apex Legends

I guess I don’t see a big difference between one mouse vs another as compared to controller vs mouse. I’ll enlighten myself sometime.

Maybe I shouldve said 144hz vs 60hz then. There, is a HUGE difference.

(I don’t think gaming mice really do much either, lol) I actually just bought a new mouse, and couldn’t find one without buttons all over it, which I don’t like. Although, I could see that being SLIGHTLY advantageous

I did raise this very same point here 4 years ago…

It was a pretty good thread and there was quite a bit of commotion from it heh…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It’s one of the reasons I moved to pc. Mostly cause ximmers are abusing key board and mouse on top of the aim aissist. Meanwhile pc, everyone uses kb and mouse.

1 Like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4AgJ24WIAQ7z-n?format=jpg&name=medium

4 Likes

Well I guess that puts much of the discussion to rest lmao

1 Like

My post was in response to them objecting against fast hardware. I guess that wasn’t clear with the /s. It’s very well known blizzard doesn’t support XIM.

Also, that was jeff kaplan, like 5 years ago. He would object against just about everything blizzard is doing right now, I’m guessing, lol.

By the way, they didn’t even have crossplay when he posted that

They don’t just not support it, they object to the use of it. That’s a VERY important distinction.

This is all pretty much irrelevant, Blizzard doesn’t frequently post about their disapproval of cheating software either, but based on their past statements on the matter we can pretty safely conclude that they still don’t want people using cheating software. XIMing isn’t much different imo.

I think it’s pretty obvious blizzard doesn’t want people using XIM. No game that doesn’t support k&m wants people using XIM. Some games have gone to extensive efforts to try to stop it, but they can’t

It doesn’t change the fact that it’s just someone using a keyboard and mouse instead of a controller though, lol.

They also probably don’t like it due to the fact that it is from a third party, meaning neither company benefits from people using it.