Ximmers are Awful at the Game

If you want to ignore the context of it being third party hardware that enables the use of aim assist with KB+M, sure.

If Overwatch supported KB+M no one would care that people were using one, the fact is that it doesn’t and the developers have not only gone on record as saying they don’t support it, but that they object to the use of it. Buying third party hardware to get around that, using an objectively superior control system to the one the game supports AND using aim assist on top of it is cheating. Period. The same way buying third party software to give you aim assist on PC is.

2 Likes

It’s not software that changes the game. Aim assist is already in the game. It’s just USING A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE ON CONSOLE. That’s literally all it is, lol. The fact that blizzard doesn’t support it, but this third party does, doesn’t make it anymore cheating than anything. It’s just USING A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.

Buying an aimbot is cheating, yes. Using a keyboard and mouse on console, okay, if you want to call that cheating, fine. But it’s nowhere near the same thing.

You keep trying to boil it down to just using a keyboard and mouse on console, but ignoring the fact that you’re doing so by using third party hardware to trick the console into letting you use a method of control that the developers of the game have explicitly said they object to people using and don’t natively support.

Both cases aren’t natively supported by the game, both are explicitly cited as something the developers of the game object to the use of, both require third party soft/hardware in order to grant an in game advantage. They don’t work the same way, sure. But they fall into the same realm which is cheating.

2 Likes

It’s using third-party hardware that Blizzard wants to ban for the game because they consider it to be cheating (And it is) but they legally cannot*
Fixed it for you lol
I pray for the day Blizzard has forced-server swaps like Warzone and Fortnite or artificial lag like Siege just so the trash-bags have to play on an equal playing field, but fortunately for you lot, Blizzard is more incompetent than the likes of EA.

1 Like

Yeah but I don’t agree with them objecting to that. I don’t see how using a mouse and keyboard to play their video game is an objectivable offense. I feel like it’s probably something like, because sony of microsoft or blizzard, aren’t getting a cut of the sales. Because blizzard is just too lazy to spend time developing whatever it takes to support it, or don’t think it’s worth it, so they don’t like someone getting sales from their game.

I love how your argument is “blizzard says it’s cheating, but I myself don’t agree therefore I’m going to keep doing it.” You’re a no life cheater. At least own up to it

3 Likes

Which is fine. Like I said earlier, if KB+M were supported in overwatch no one would care if people used them. The problem is that not only are people using them when they aren’t supported, they’re getting aim assist on top of it through some obscure 3rd party hardware.

Blizzard says using a keyboard and mouse instead of a controller is cheating, okay. I guess using an arcade stick to play street fighter on xbox is cheating also. Oh well, microsoft didn’t say so, so even though it’s the EXACT SAME THING, one is cheating, and the other isn’t. I understand friend

Fight sticks are supported natively through the games they’re used in. That’s literally the difference.

The problem has never been that people are using KB+M on its own. The problem is that KB+M is explicitly against the rules on console and people are spoofing them in through third party hardware to gain an advantage over people who are playing as intended.

4 Likes

It’s odd to me that you cannot distinguish the difference between “using a mouse and keyboard is not a problem,” but because the company doesn’t “support it,” using a mouse and keyboard is a problem.

…? It’s not terribly difficult to understand. Mouse and keyboard are fine when they’re intended to be used, when they’re not intended to be used breaking the rules to use them gives a huge advantage over people who aren’t breaking the rules.

3 Likes

but having software help you aim is okay cause the devs gave it to you. lol.

keep in mind i dont like either but watching everyone whine about cheating while software helps them play is hilarious.

1 Like

Everyone has access to it since it’s the intended way to play on console. Having access to M+KB isn’t intended and is pretty explicitly frowned upon.

1 Like

yes yes, blah blah, i honestly dont care about either.

I just come from a time before aim assist, when software helping anyone was considered cheating. Now its common place and there are layers of excuses everyone is alright with.

I just wanna mock it, don’t take it personally.

1 Like

Yeah it’s kind of funny that they are okay with software modifications, like aim assist, but if I want to use a keyboard and mouse instead of a controller, all of a sudden I’m cheating, somehow.

I’m not auto locking, I’m not seeing through walls. It’s just giving me a better way to tell the system what I am doing with my hands. It’s crazy that, THAT’S what is considered cheating nowadays, lol. Just using a better controller.

Competitive integrity comes from a level playing field.

If one guy has cement in their boxing gloves, it’s not equal. Someone having software assistance and another not, but having a different input is way off.

Im not on anyones side unless they are looking to remove crossplay and xim and anything else that creates an uneven field.

I just like mocking the talking points.

I agree. If I’m playing on a low level laptop, against someone on a high level desktop, well the high level computer, that’s not cheating somehow. Or if I’m on a 56k, and youre on a cable modem, not cheating. (if you get the reference). But keyboard against controller, CHEATING

I guess these console players are just entering the world of, growing up? Or something, lol.

Because they are ridiculous.

Aka; I was never good enough to get past plat until I used a device that gives me a massive advantage over 99% of the player base. It’s pretty clear here that you are just justifying your actions because if you didn’t that would mean A: you’re a cheater. Or B: you have to go back to being an average player when you are on an equal playing field with everyone else.

Look at the comments and which ones have the most likes. Everyone knows you for what you really are; a filthy cheater, no matter what you think.

2 Likes

Facts. Blizzard has stated they are against high-end PCs, called it cheating and would ban them from play if they had a way. Oh wait, no that was Xim products, nvm.

1 Like

NGL, putting this game on console was a mistake