Xbox - Voice Chat not Working Since Echo Patch

It really is amazing how they haven’t fixed this issue, I’ve had this bug for almost a month now, ever since the echo patch and they still aren’t putting this at the top of their list. This is literally a game breaking bug.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried changing the DNS they’re using? This resolved a voice chat issue that happened a while back. Also, don’t shoot the messenger, I’m a volunteer. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I am using Xbox one, and my microphone works in party chat and on Xbox, but not in voice/game chat on over watch. Please help

Ever since the Echo patch, my game chat hasn’t been working. The headset mic, on and off, method no longer works.

-Xbox One S
-Astro A10
-Wired Connection

The problem doesnt have to do with network or controller or the console itself. It’s the game, I used voice chat in fortnite and it works perfectly fine even after it disconnects. Please fix asap!!!

We haven’t forgotten about this issue and we’re reading each of your reports provided on this thread. Your reports are greatly appreciated to help monitor the impact of the situation. It’s a frustrating issue and our team is working with our voice provider to locate the problem and get this fixed as quickly as possible.

There’s no ETA on when this may be fixed just yet, but we will provide updates when we have more information on what is causing the Xbox voice chat issues. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

2 Likes

This was an issue that was going on about a year to year and a half ago. The way to fix it was usually restarting the game and then you could get it to work for hours. Then I realized that I could fix the issue quicker by cycling power on my MIXAMP Pro. Then that wouldn’t do the trick, and then I found that I could turn off my controller while in the game, and then power it back on. When that happened, I could then hear audio again.

But now?

Now I need to be in a game (skirmish is best because you don’t compromise the game), cycle power on the MIXAMP AND cycle power on the controller. But between that year and a half and now, I’ve had zero problems. Echo patch, audio issue is every day.

Router is built into Cable Modem, but I don’t use it. I am hardwired for Ethernet to modem. Netgear C7000v2. Troubleshooting comments above. Note that I’m 98% able to recover from the audio bug when doing the above to both the Astro MIXAMP AND the Controller. If I only do one or the other, maybe 2 times out of 10.

Lastly, this issue was on all 3 Xboxes in the house. Different controllers, only one with the Astro MA, and the others had headphones plugged into the controller itself. If there is a chance to help debug the issue, If logs from DevMode are an option, please advise. I’ll wipe the entire system to help provide log dumps from only having this one game installed. The issue is insanely annoying because it can happen between every match, and sometime within a match.

2 Likes

I did a hard reset on my Xbox and it seems to work for the time being.

I’ve left the game until I hear that this is fixed because there’s no frickin point being in a game that can use the help of comms and there are no comms to be had! Pointless. So after 3 years I’ve left. Hope it gets fixed soon, I do enjoy the game but not like this.

It’s gonna be okay guys. At least they know about the problem and are working on a fix. Many companies would not be this receptive to issues on a 4 yr old game.

1 Like

Xbox One
Netgear Nighthawk R7800 (wired)
Turtle Beach headset wired (not sure what model)

Xbox live party chat works fine but still haven’t been able to talk in team chat. Sometimes I can hear my team sometimes not. But have never been able to talk in team chat. Can be very frustrating playing competitive OW and can’t call something out for my team. Hope it’s fixed soon. Literally just made a account to reply to this thread.

Xbox One (Original) / Astro A10 headset / Wired connection

Changed DNS - no change
Closing/Exiting Overwatch - no change
Switching headset - no change
Hard restart xbox - no change
New xbox account? (Which hasn’t been in an Xbox party) - WORKS! why tho? (update: no longer works :c )

Issue began after leaving an xbox party chat, and having a controller disconnect - after the Echo patch.

Xbox One X
Elite Controller (Series One)
Wired Connection - At&t Default Router/Modem (Wireless enabled but Xbox wired as stated)
Restarted Game - no change
Join/left Party - no change
Toggle Mic on/off - no change
Left/Joined Teamchat (multiple times) - no change

Temp fixes used to work now they dont work at all. This bug is game breaking. Awaiting a fix ASAP!

i’m on ps4 and i have the same issue.

I feel like y’all have all the data you need and there are a couple things at play. The whole “can see people chatting in party chat but not communicate / hear them” is a long time bug due to the controller disconnected due to inactivity. The only way that I’m aware of to fix that is to go to the dashboard, quit the app and relaunch.

For me this bug manifests itself by letting me hear my team (which is something the other bug does not) but I can not communicate in any way. It works fine in party chat. Only in the team chat does it not work. With that said - someone on the very first page posted toggling the Mic from the Audio settings and that fixed it immediately.

Configuration:
Elite 2 controller (wired / wirelessly doesn’t matter)
Comcast W Eero (hardwired. Getting 600 down confirmed via xbox network test)
Xbox One X
The issue only started with the Echo patch (took a break before the drop and only came back this week)

EDIT: I wanted to add that if I toggle the Mic in the audio settings and then unplug the mic from the headset the issue returns and I have to do the toggle again.

Going to dogpile on here and mark myself as another with this super frustrating issue (also know there is a silent majority with this issue as well who quit and rejoin comms in comp hoping it’ll fix)

As for the workaround someone posted about toggling off and on the mic in the Xbox menu, that will only apply to users who have double ear headphones who play game sound through their headphones.

The mentioned workaround will cause player voice coms to play through the TV, but allow you to chat. This is mostly like why some report the voice chat to quiet after applying the fix, because voice is no longer going through the correct channel but that game channel instead.

OG Xbox One
elite controller

Same issue.
Normal controller and xbox general mic. Works perfect in party chat and other games open chat just not overwatch.
My teams voicecoms play through my tv like the game isn’t registering my mic. I cannot respond but on rare occasions I can see my voice indicator pop up. Very rare.

Im having the same issue I’m on an Xbox One X With a stealth 700 headset and it’s been happening for around a week now

Still an issue. Kinda insane it’s been going this long.

Xbox One X
Elite Series 2 controller
Wired connection
Astro A10

Can join chat but cannot hear anyone or be heard. No voice indicators appear in the corner.

1 Like

Same issue, also since Echo patch. First post ever on these forums.

In seemingly random games, I cannot speak in team chat, like my mic is muted. Once or twice I’ve had the issue others describe of not being able to hear other players despite seeing their talking icons in the top corner.

This fixes it for me when it happens, even in game. Not sure if if it’s been pointed out yet in this thread, apologies if it has - Xbox menu>System>Audio>Headset>Toggle on and off.

Works every time.

For reference, I am using:

-Xbox One S
-Microsoft wireless red controller
-Wireless connection

Now for obligatory complaining. This bug, and how long it has gone on, has really hurt the game on Xbox, where getting people to talk was already an issue, and it may have broken cooperative, team-based play beyond repair, again, on a platform that already struggled with it. The bug’s longevity has solidified a new normal, it seems, where people do not talk (I’ve spoken with other players who, even when they can communicate in game, don’t bother doing so because they see no point/don’t have the energy to be the only one making callouts) and I fear this will continue even if it eventually gets fixed, unfortunately.

I know it’s a crappy time. I know you’re working hard to fix it and I appreciate that. But this should not have gone on so long without at least being addressed in a game message or something. I’m just reporting my observations .

I have stopped playing the game and will not pick it up again until this is fixed. The game is unplayable IMO in its current state.

1 Like