Xbox - Voice Chat not Working Since Echo Patch

• Since the latest patch update.
  • Wired
  • Router Make: Hitron, Model: CODA-4589
  • Yes, unsuccessfully. The issue did seem to resolve itself briefly but then returned after a controller disconnect/reconnect. Have tried the workarounds in this thread. Restarting the console and controller. Issue reoccurs regardless of headset/controller used. I am able to consistently hear others speaking in team/group chat, but cannot respond. Audio and mic within Xbox Live Party Chat and alternate games.
  • Since the latest patch update
  • Wireless

This issue is absolutely ridiculous. Being able to communicate with teammates is a core component of the game. The fact that it’s taken this long for this to be addressed shows the type of company ATVI really is.

Bumping this thread, as this major bug still exist…:slightly_frowning_face:

My partner has been experiencing this issue for a few weeks (Xbox One). He can hear and see when his teammates speak but his mic is not detecting his voice, although it works in all other games he plays. He’s tried various resets and played around in his settings to no avail.

how is the voice chat not fixed yet…

Also having this issue :c been having it for nearly a month now.
These are the things I’ve tried that have made the mic start working for me, but only temporarily:
• Changed the language on my Xbox, forcing it to restart. I went from US to UK English.
• I changed my headset from the windows Sonic (new surround sound for xbox) in the Xbox settings and restarted my Xbox.
Both of these only fixed the problem for a few games and then it happened again.

Xbox One S
Standard controller
Turtle Beaches Stealth 600 headset
Both controller and headset are wireless

It’s been over a month and still no hotfix what the heck. It’s not fair for those us who can’t communicate with our team or even hear them.

4 Likes

It been too long now. I prefer to lose echos and have mic again the work around I found was start a different game then open over watch agian not a good fix tho .
Xbox one X
Powera controller
Stealth 700

Same but with 600 series!

Same thing for me.i have yet to get it to work. Very frustrating! I’m wondering if this is an issue with turtle beach themselves but specifically regarding this update?

Problem has been going on for a month. Xbox wireless controllers. Wireless headsets. Half of the team appears muted when you quit and rejoin group chat it changes who appears muted. My husband and I were grouped up and he would appear muted (unable to unmute) then I would toggle in and out and he would be unmited but another two members who I could hear previously are now muted. We have quit playing until this is fixed as it is too frustrating to play comp like this.

1 Like

Who else thinks that Blizzard should give every Xbox Overwatch player one or at least two legendary loot boxes for this long of inconvenience. There loosing people because of this at least give the people a sorry gift for waiting this long. Because of this I have stopped playing custom games! The least they can do is give us a simple legendary loot box…

1 Like

I think it should be more than just legendary loot boxes. This bug has been unresolved for too long and my boyfriend’s SR has severely suffered due to it.

I finally know a somewhat fix for the voice chat glitch. If you have hard reset your xbox and your mic stays plugged in your voice chat will work. HOWEVER if your mic is ever to come unplugged or even your controller die it immediately stops working UNTIL it is hard reset again. Jeff please I hope this info can help you find the bug and figure out how to stop it. This is a GAME BREAKING bug and should be fixed IMMEDIATELY. Voice chat is crucial in Overwatch and it is immediately killing the games popularity having no voice chat.

1 Like

It’s been about a month now. I haven’t been able to talk to a SINGLE teammate in any comp games. I have dropped from Masters to Platinum and I couldn’t count the amount of times communication was the reason we lost. Every time I play I get incredibly annoyed and frustrated and swap to a different game because the arcade has terrible game modes to play. I have officially gotten fed up and uninstalled the game for the first time in 3-4 years because I cannot handle losing every single game I play for something that is not in my control. I’m sure I’ve received reports or have been avoided by other players that somehow are able to talk in voice chat solely because I cannot chat in-game. You’d think they would’ve fixed this by now but I’m STILL WAITING but WAITING FOR TOO LONG. This game isn’t fun when those that are experiencing technical issues are being neglected week after week and probably won’t be compensated for the damages. When this is fixed I will have issues climbing back to where I was and I don’t want to go through the headache. I’m disappointed and upset because this game meant a lot to me. Every other game I play has a working team chat so I’ll just take my time and money that way because I’m paying into a service that actually WORKS

5 Likes

Been periodically checking this thread hoping for a fix, but no luck yet. I’ll usually play a few comp matches a day, I’ll say 9 out of 10 matches have literally 0 comms as of late. I think there are many, many people having this issue. Last time I actually had people talking in game chat a few days ago (which I could hear but not respond to), they were talking about this Xbox voice bug. Still crossing my fingers.

3 Likes

Yeah, Blizzard, you can stop claiming this is a team/communication-based game right now. You drop a huge patch for Anniversary with a ton of random bug fixes but fail to address a game-breaking glitch for over a month. The poor management of this game is why people are ditching it left and right. I hope you enjoy watching your player base die.

4 Likes

Both my boyfriend and I have been having the same issues. Xbox one, netgear router, this issue has happened with both our wired and wireless headsets. We had had issues before the echo patch but typically a controller restart or opening a party then leaving would solve it, now nothing will. We haven’t played comp in months, he’s given up on OW but I just play arcade now. I miss comp. worst time to lose this too added on top of social distancing haha pls fix soon. Should have been addressed in anniversary patch

2 Likes

I usually play with 2 other friends. Player 1 can be heard and hear the other two, player 2 can hear everyone, but can’t be heard by player 3, player 3 can be heard by everyone but can’t hear player 2. For player 3 (me) player 2 appears to have his mic muted in the social>groups>my team. Unable to unmute, and sometimes if I select out and back into group, I hear him very briefly before mic get muted… Though he can still hear me and player 1 can still hear and be heard by everyone

Update:Nvrmnd… For some reason player 2 was muted through Xbox live panel, not OW. Don’t know how it happened in the first place.

2 Likes

Honestly kinda starting to get the impression that us console players are just second class citizens :slightly_smiling_face: it’s taken far, FAR too long to fix this.

9 Likes