Wtf are those symm changes lol

Deserved cringe lords treatment, may be stop using symmetra word as a topic content already.

If you want to reposition frequently try playing a hero like tracer lol she has a blink every 5 seconds and does better at close range than symm will ever do

So what you are saying is symm is now even less helpful to her team. Great

But now you can play Sym better against Tracer! :laughing:

Sure …… :roll_eyes: keep believing that lol

Not with her terrible primary and nerfed secondary she isnt

Rn you can hit a secondary at point blank and melee and tracers dead. Now it does only 90 damage and takes longer to charge and has a smaller size lol you will be even less likely to kill her.

This nerf boils down to “but muh skill expression”.
They just really want to only M1, punish you for missing alt fires, and only want you to use the teleporter in a coordinated manner with your team

Yeah the orb damage nerf is a surprise but that Tracer combo almost never happens. I’ve only seen it twice ever. It’s too rare to be a balancing concern. Technically Sym can still do it if she’s damage boosted or Tracer is discorded.

Well i do it all the time lol

you charge up the orb and tracer blinks in you hit her and melee and insta kill. Such a consistent way to kill a tracer

Oh so now you gotta be pocketed to do what you used to by yourself. Because symm needs even more reliance on other people.

Honestly at this point its clear she needa a rework. The game has been out for 6 years and outside the very beginning of double barrier where she was running round with a 190dps beam consistently, she has been joint bottom with bastion.

At least bastion hasnt had any reworks. She has had 2 and is still useless. How long before they realise she is not a good hero

I would rather them take her into a design which is built around her being able to build things with hard light. She is supposed to be this godlike architect who can create skyscrapers from light. And what does she make? A teleporter, some crappy turrets and a shield. So original.

Why can she not create unique objects in the world. Imagine having an ability that allowed you to select from a wheel of buildable options. Like creating some stairs out of hardlight for your team to get onto a high ground. Then making a bridge out of hardlight to cross gaps. She can place hardlight walls to block off pathways and sightlines.

Could just be because I suck with orb, which I definitely do. :joy: But in my 500 or so hours of Tracer, I’ve only been killed by this once IIRC.

Flankerwatch just got flankier.

Well, at least support Symmetra concept is finally dead. Took long enough.

I genuinely have no idea what they were going for. Primary is still worthless, even more so now it doesn’t charge off barriers. This rework seems to encourage you to use Secondary more, but the damage is pathetic.

A huge nerf all around. Another example of her identity holding her back.

5 Likes

Infinite tele felt like a huge downgrade - leaving it up at spawn or on a cheeky spot is nice teamwise but the cooldown is much too high once you destroy it, which just makes her feel so immobile. (even coming back from spawn felt better before since I could just one up when an ally needed it)

I agree that they definitely feel like they are still too afraid to just push her and sprinkled a ton of compensation nerfs instead of just trying to lock down “fun symmetra” first. I hope the devs run through what they tried and how far they pushed it soon instead of just maintaining that silence.

Sym 3.0 gave me a 2 second downtime with teleporter and they nerfed her with the infinite direction, slapping on a 10 second duration between any mobile play I want to make.

This version brings it up to 6 seconds for some reason and even reduces the range heavily which is just a bit sad. I feel like the old assets are restricting at this point and would rather them create a new asset for teleporter that doesn’t have to deal with the janky 2016 LoS placement tech.

Teleporter aside, the projectile speed buff sounds great and I can’t wait to try it. Speed will always feel more valuable to me than the projectile size and this puts her behind echo a bit but with much more damage per shot.

The beam still feels like a leech taking away from a better projectile gun. At this point, I’d rather they just merged the two and make a better gun overall.

• Left click: Duel worthy projectile with consistent orbs (Decide where Sym should fall between Echo and Pharah on damage/speed ratio)
  • Left click: Fully charge to empty magazine and release a strong beam

This would essentially be Devil’s Ruin from Destiny 2 - Fire off some great shots/get some kills, when the mag is low you vent out a strong beam to finish off targets or defend yourself. (Decide: big damage/empty mag or more like Zenyatta’s volley where charging just burns extra ammo for less damage)

1 Like

Why dont they just make her tp like portal lol i have never understood. She has this portal looking weapon and cant make portals. Instead creates this cumbersome device which doesnt fit her characteristic of flow and elegance

Imagine instead of a tp you just had an ability where you shot into 2 surfaces and it linked them through space

1 Like

That’s the dream… and I wish they would have started from there first and then reel her back in if needed. Just feels like we started in a very limited place and are trying to inch forward without any clear goal. (sentries, weapon, teleporter – everything has a restriction)

I wouldn’t even mind entrance/exit teleporter on E/Shift at this point; would feel odd to split it on two abilities but if the enemy has to destroy each individually then that means the first portal could be prepped ahead of time or remain safe in its spot while you move the second one as needed

1 Like

Just like they did with Mei, Reaper and Bastion.

Oh but Genji, the hero where they removed most of his counters and was seen pretty much every single match in the last BETA because he was so broken. Yea he’s still unchanged.

4 Likes

Bliz balancing in a nutshell. An already bad hero, who is about to become absolute throw pick in a new environment, is getting pure nerfs to her entire kit except for ulti. Something something it’s just beta, except that’s how they will treat the game. Also, more Cree buffs.

3 Likes

Buffs:
-Ammo increased from 70-100
-Alt fire speed increased from 25-50
-Teleporter activates 1s faster
-TP cooldown starts when TP is placed
-Turret travel speed increased from 15-20

Nerfs:
-No longer generates ammo on shields
-Max damage on alt fire reduced from 120 > 90.
-Projectile size on alt fire reduced from 0.5 > 0.4.
-Ammo cost increased from 7 > 10 on alt fire.
-Charge time on alt fire increased from 1s > 1.2s
-TP has a max lifetime of 10s
-TP cooldown increased from 10s to 16s
-TP health reduced from 300 > 200
-TP range reduced from 30 > 22
-Sentry Turret slow % reduced from 20 > 15

that is the definition of a net nerf, my guy. she literally got TWICE as many nerfs than she did buffs, and most of the buffs are negligible, especially when combined with all of the nerfs.

8 Likes

They really just hate symmetra hunh? There is no future for this hero.

3 Likes

I think the Orb changes are specifically what’s making her god awful.

Tp is also slightly worse and has less options now. At least we could use spawn tp if we do chose before.

I’d say half of this patch note was “EXACTLY WHAT SYM MAINS WANTED” and the other half was “BUT TWICE AS NERFED”

1 Like