Worst ult in the game?

WholeHog, no ult comes close to being as bad.

I don’t even know why they don’t allow ult cancel via take a breather. I thought an ult was meant to give you an advantage. Why allow genji to deflect when he uses blade? Same thing.

The amount of times I have been point-blank and used the ult for them to go sailing into the distance and not die makes me rage. It also feels like when I am pinning people into corners it takes so long for them to die I may as well go and make a cup of tea and come back.

The ult should shred people at close range, I mean almost insta death. Medium and long range less effective.

Winston. His hp gets cut down fast and it just feels like an ult to keep him alive when he’s about to die instead of doing damage to the team.

I’d say DF ult is far less effective than whole Hog. If you need zoning or stopping certain ult’s Whole Hog can get the job done more often.

Actually, I’d say hanzo’s is one of the higher skill cap ults in the game - it can be used as a third “tank” to make space, you can deny areas with it, split enemy teams up, it combos with tank ults for multi kills, it’s a really, really useful ult. And it charges so quickly, so you have more freedom to use it in creative ways. Honestly, it’s under rated in my opinion

1 Like

It’s almost assuredly Doom. I feel like McCree is also up there. He has a strong kit generally but his ultimate is a little lackluster. Whole Hog deserves a special mention too. One tricking Roadhog lately it’s usually only worthwhile to get a safe kill on a fat or cornered target.

Yeah I used to think the same, but with the way she can effectively split fights in half using that thing, it’s awesome how beneficial it can be.

Widow´s infra sight.
Hanzo can do the magic with his ability.
When I play Mercy and I wanna revive person with full ult, it would never be Widow, cause her ult won´t make any difference or win a fight.

1.Barrage is the worst

2.Meteor strike is awful for kills but atleast used for escape.

3.High noon is bad on ladder where rein’s like to drop shield as soon as soon as Cree high noons.

Yeah it’s easily visor.

I don’t think that Monkey Ultimate is bad, it just takes a lot of skill to use.

I’d argue that since Rocket Punch also contains a stun, having Meteor Strike allows Doom a more consistently effective counter to a larger range of Ults then a knockback alone.

Plus it lets Doom fully cycle his abilities, and gives him more options where Wholehog limits Hog’s options.

Meteor Strike is HIGHLY underrated IMO.

Soldier, Reaper, Widow, are F tier. And Pharah might be worse than that. Pharah is the suicide button

Oh, you mean the, “just wait behind this wall/shield for a few seconds and you’ll be alight” button. I laugh at the people who say it’s one of the best in the game, and I have actually heard someone say it’s top 3 and I think it’s crazy

I don’t know the stats but I’d be willing to bet that the sym wall has one of the best team fight win percents in the game. It’s not a sexy ult, like you’ll never get a 3k sym wall kill, but in terms of winning fights it’s good. Kinda like Orisa ult. Really good, just not super sexy

Meteor strike is awful and really does inner ring dmg which already is only like 300

Worst ults in the game?
Monkey
S76
Pharah

nuff said.

Can’t fix stupidity. 5k barrier and people want to be shot at. That’s their fault.

That said, can we have Symm’s Shield Generator back?

Also, Widow’s ult is just… useless.

I actually prevented a teamwipe by Barrage (we were stuck in grav) because of that wall, and ended up having Pharah kill herself from it. It was POTG, lmao.

Meteor Strike. Basically a buffed recall that might deal like 25 damage.

Doomfist ultimate let’s be honest it’s bad

1 Like

Every Ultimate’s value changes based on the team comps in play, map, and SR of the game.

Sym’s Ult sucks vs a Monkey/Ball/Doom/Genji/Brig/Lucio cleave comp but will sheet all over spam comps over and over again for example.

2 Likes

Probably Hog is the worst. Followed by Doom. At least Doom ult doesn’t get you killed.