Widow.. Nerf her mobility

How to counter-play Widow, 3 easy steps:

1. Contest her on the high ground
  2. Have a barrier tank
  3. Don’t peak

You’re welcome! :smiley:

Come on, it’s not like you need to make a WikiHow article, to know how to deal with a Widowmaker.

2 Likes

Uh, no ? I am explaining to you ?

I said my most played hero. You know, in all modes ?

I don’t get it. Why Widowmaker is getting so much hatred these days? Yes, she’s strong, but come on, I’ve spend so much time on her to get a little better, and I won’t believe you if you can destroy me with 5hrs on her. Also, I don’t believe that you’re getting destroyed by her every game. She’s not a problem, not at all, Hanzo is. Hanzo outshines her in every, and I mean it, EVERY aspect.

That’s why that logic makes sense? So we should revert Mercy lol. Came out of your mouth not mine.

personally i don’t mind her 300 damage headshot. But i just wonder WHY they nerfed tracer’s ULTIMATE ability to deal the same. Just why?!

No. She’s fine.

If anything, her counterpart, Hanzo, needs a nerf.

yeah she should, her shot is easily the hardest to hit in the game

Not really. Winston, DVa, Genji, and Tracer still ruin her day.

Tell that to Hanzo, who’s weaknesses of weak close range combat and lack of horizontal mobility were completely thrown out the window.

because people always say the current meta dps are too strong because they dontlike loosing, they wanna just have supports and tanks be the only part of this game. in dive it was “tracer and genji are too strong” now in the sniper meta its “snipers are too strong”

2 Likes

You forgot:

Symmetra, Zarya, Roadhog, Sombra, and Mei.

1 Like

Because apparently a single 8 second grapple is more “God Tier” than a no cooldown doublejump and wallclimb, a 6 second jetpack-jump, a 4 second leap in any direction that can be paired with a wallclimb without a cooldown, wallrunning and speedboosting, flying around the entire map uninhibited, teleporting and invisibly dashing all over the place, blinking left and right every other second, etc etc.

1 Like

Considering that Talon’s grapple hooks are broken trash.

Symetra is getting rework and can spam alt fire, Zarya have also alt fire, Roadhog have hook to shorten the distace, Sombra have hitscan (with enormous recoil but I don’t think there is any dmg falloff, but here I am not exactly sure) and Mei have a sniper icicles on alt fire.

But yeah, some of these are not rally great for long range.

She’s had this buff for a while now and no one complained about it. Now that dive is gone/less prominent everyone calls for a nerf. It’s very clear the meta is favoring her, it’s not a good reason to nerf a character that was fine a few months ago but because the meta is helping them they should be nerfed.

Actually it has been complained about a lot at higher levels of play.

1 Like

I didn’t say we should revert Mercy. I said that if the reason for nerfing Widow is because the meta is favoring her then Mercy should get a revert because mass res counters the dragon/grav combo but obviously that’s not going to happen because changing a character because the meta is making them weak or strong is kind of pointless.

That’s 1% of the player base. That has nothing to do with us because she isn’t that strong in the lower elo until you reach around Master/GM

Actually they said that if the weakness is in fact too big, they will lower it.

The %1 of the playerbase where the buff actually has impact.

Do you not remember how lower ranked Widow players reacted to the buff? They laughed about it because it’s a high end buff and they couldn’t even understand why it was going to be broken.

1 Like