✅ Widow Headshot 2.5x => 2.1x

I was contemplating “how could Brig be relevant”.

And I realized she could play a role in how dominant Widow/Hanzo instakills are.

Right now Widow does 120 damage with a fully charged bodyshot, with a 2.5x damage multiplier on headshots. Giving a maximum of 300 damage on a headshot.

Given that we’re going into a meta with a lot less barriers. Widow is going to be a lot more dominant.

So I was thinking keep the 120 damage, but make the multiplier be 2.1x. With a fully charged headshot damage of 252.
(Alternatively 125 bodyshot, and 2x headshot multiplier).

Would take some of the oomph out of partially charged headshots.

And would allow Brig to block sniper instakills, with the 75 armor overheal.

Maybe make her charge faster directly after using a grapple, before touching the ground. Cause that’s just fun.

24 Likes

Her headshot damage doesn’t need a reduction her base damage does.

Reduce her damage from 12 - 120 to 20 - 100 and give her a 3x crit multiplier so she’s still rewarded for precision hits but isn’t as oppressive while being a bodyshot bandit.

24 Likes

If anything, I think devs want to increase her viability at lower ranks, and decrease her viability at higher ranks.

So you’d imagine they’d wanna nerf the headshot, and maybe even minor buffs to bodyshot.

10 Likes

widow forces your team to play flankers, and all of the flankers are hard heroes. now I understand why the forums hate her so much.

3 Likes

120 damage per body shot on a hitscan with no falloff or bullet drop isn’t a great experience to play against.

8 Likes

Because we are about to head into a meta with a lot less barriers.

1 Like

Or maybe buff Venom Mine and SMG, but nerf the scoped fire so it can’t “prefire” and only shoots when fully charged.

If that were to happen, I’d almost be willing for the bodyshot damage to go up a little, but I’d want to see how she plays out first

-5 against the base armor brig has, and widow CANNOT one shot her so long as brigs health is full, the same as hanzo can’t one shot brig with his 250 damage arrows that will hit 245 leaving her with 5 hp.

1 Like

and? you dont counter widow by hiding from her. you counter her by pressuring her, and not peeking.

So would you be in favor of reducing Widow’s HP?

yeah I had that idea a while ago. 150 health. that or making hookshot canceled by damage. or giving her flinch.

its not the sniper that makes her OP. is that she is too mobile, too able to duel flankers.

2 Likes

Or, how about you just wait and see how things pan out?

6 Likes

A decent approach.
But the problem there is you can’t really Dive effectively while on Defence.

dive is a lot stronger on defense than it is on offense. dive is by nature a defensive strategy.

Do we really need a crystal ball, to know that less barriers means more threat from snipers?

3 Likes

That makes zero sense to me.

monkey jump and dva fly are more effective when used to escape than they are to engage. when used to engage, you are stuck there. on defense, you can sit on high ground, drop on their team, then jump away. or hold a choke, jump away when you need healing, and move back in.

dive is also the best strategy at protecting supports. tracer on your ana? good luck killing her when monkey dva jump back to help her. can rein or orisa fly across the map to peel?

It’s not always that simple. Widow counters you entering areas of the map which used to be answered by shields, meaning you cannot push into those areas without losing access to your healing because no healers are any good if they are in widows sight line because dead and wipe. Hard for anyone to pressure her without succumbing to mass range/perching/your lack of healing. I was optimistic about the PTR patch vs widow, but winston thanks to Orisa being the best tank is irrelevant making her grapple hook nerf work out to doing literally nothing in the end and widows power strength is largely unimpacted.

Widow just needs falloff damage to stop her from taking insane range advantages and actually compensate for lack of barrier presence, allowing us to put the pressure on widow and giving her a maximum effective range because not all maps are born equal and widow more often than not benefits from these poorly designed maps forcing you to play widow to counter widow and it’s a complete piss off when you get the bad widow and the other 5 on your team suffer the consequence of one person being outclassed because there isn’t anything you as the not widowmaker can do about it, it doesn’t take a genius to see why that’s frustrating.

she needs something to limit her dominance on those poorly designed maps where nothing but widow can counter her, and falloff is that something, as I’ve played alot of this PTR patch, and widows are shredding.

4 Likes

throw a hamster at her all game. she’ll switch. sit a genji on her all game. she’ll switch. the real issue with widow is actually mercy.

We sure needed one when people thought it was coming back for sure after 2-2-2 role lock.