✅ Widow Headshot 2.5x => 2.1x

the thing about 2-2-2 is that the tank counters are so dominant that they provide more value than widow. because you can avoid widow sight lines. but you cant avoid pushing if you want to win. and mei punishes any tank that tries to push.

When they added more barriers?

It’s almost like in the next patch he’s going to suck, it’s a good idea but all the ranged DDs are better next patch, the pressure of ball is significantly worse than current patch.

He’s trash. Swap to genji, get CCd into oblivion. There are heroes that can counter her a little bit, but they ALL suck PTR patch.

Widows getting the most freeshoot meta where her counters are trash tier garbage. If they would just limit her max range, all the other heroes can actually compete against her, without actually trashing her capability.

1 Like

But in a game thats literally 100% narrow hallways and half of the cast are cartoon stereotypes with giant heads designing a fully self-sufficient sniper is such a good idea!

2 Likes

Bet you’re gonna be another Nostradamus when the next Orisa Rein terminator comp becomes meta.

You’re partially right, but also:

1. Widow herself is pretty difficult

2. Flankers are also bad

3. Flankers are bad because of the forum’s favorite 2 heroes, Moira and Brig, so making flankers good would mean making their favorite heroes worse.

I’m actually betting on Sigma/Rein.
Better barrier, better ultimate, better damage, and a budget defence matrix.

Heck, I wanna see the combo of Kinetic Grasp, into Charge, into a barrier moving forward right infront of rein moving at the same speed of rein.

I’ve got my money on Orisa.
She beats the crap out of all tanks on PTR patch. A rein slap against a fortified Orisa is 75-37.5 + -5 armor buff = 32 damage meaning every healer can out heal and overheal Reinhardts damage potential, and she always wins the brawl vs him with her 132 DPS (before headshots) while simultaneously blocking healing with a barrier used in a brawl position/protecting herself from the teams fire while rein can’t put down a shield and simultaneously attack like Orisa can. Orisa is too much of a monster brawler on PTR to let anything else be meta.

1 Like

Wha…
No? :confounded:

1 Like

Considering Brig armor takes time to sink in and this only works at full HP, I don’t see it helping as much as it simply makes things unpredictable in a bad way.

I also foresee issues with pocketing DF.

1 Like

And you’re probably going to be right.
But I’m mostly just enjoying the concept of
Sigma, Rein, Mei, Hanzo, Ana, Lucio

But I could totally see it being
Orisa, Rein, Mei, Reaper, Moira, Lucio

It’s probably going to be map dependant. Offense or Defense. Or whichever gets better barrier uptime

These two won’t be seeing much play after her heal nerf and reaper won’t be very playable if Orisa is around thanks to her armor pool being 250 and his bodyshot damage is 3.5 per pellet with fortify making it go from 7 per pellet - 3.5 - 1.75 per pellet and headshots took a massive hit thanks to the armor rule change taking his pellets from 14 damage down to 9 without fortify and with fortify his pellets to the head get toned down to a measly 3.5 damage each + all the ranged DD heroes coming back into the meta Mei and Reaper specifically are going to look absolutely terrible in the coming days, they’re essentially the same as they were back then when they were F-tier.

I just don’t see Reaper or moira being in the game at all, and I see mei as going back to being a choke specific hero (as always you should be seeing her Hanamura first point :stuck_out_tongue: )

I think Moira will still get used, just because 130 AOE burst healing per second is really valuable, and she can survive moshpit fights where Ana would get crushed.

Honestly I think there’s no reason for her to deal 300 dmg on a headshot nor 250 either, having 250 hp should be an advantage not an artificial method of survival against sustained damage

Both her and Hanzo should deal 200 with a fully charged shot, if not, then their charging should be extended so that 200 dmg takes 0.7 seconds as opposed to the current 0.5 and even then, 0.7 is too quick, it should be a full second

I think it’s going to flip back to Ana for anti nade because the sightlines will be open and there are no longer 2 barriers stopping her from hitting it, Moiras heal used to be stronger than it will be on PTR patch, and she was garbage in brawl metas before that because anti-nade was so good, so I assume the ground is already tested and will be relatively the same as last time because anti got zero changes moira got weaker and the one strength moira did have is hard countered by the anti nade.

Just makes sense that it will go the same way as before and the high single target healing at range is going to be invaluable vs her must be close range to heal specifically in brawl this makes moira bad because she can’t stay where she needs to be to actually utilize her heal without having to blow fade to escape getting moshed all over.

Well, I think things are overall too chaotic to really know what’s going to be the most advantageous. Until GM’s really get a chance to try it.

Reaper/Mei/Orisa/Moira can also just nearly cancel the antiheal, or a Grav, or a Sigma Ult.

Is Winston that hard of a hero? He doesn’t even really have to aim, AND you can jump in and out of fights frequently.

He’s actually a good hero for new players IMO.

This - no matter what, at the end of the day if you can aim well - Ana without damage/heal nerfs is going to dominate. She can’t do it all, but she comes darn close. I wish I was good with her, I just can’t seem to do well with her for some reason, though I do pretty good with Bap who also aims… go figure.

2 Likes

I’m GM and have been exclusively on the PTR since it got put back up :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s been a wild ride, lots of changes, but in short, the PTR is the best patch overwatch has ever had. It’s very healthy and engaging for all roles. A thing you won’t see anywhere but GM is anas use walls to explode their antinades to go over the top of shields, and the large AOE on it still paints those other heroes, and that’s on almost all map zones that they are going to be next to a wall because of the advantage of natural cover (Especially since natural cover is going to be so much more important now barriers are going to be down more often than not.)

I’m not 100% correct on everything and am vulnerable to being wrong and these are just one mans opinions ofcourse c:

so maybe nerf the CC instead of widow???

also, my roommate is a diamond ana and hits grenades on like, lamp posts over shields. he belongs in masters tho. but we arent meta slaves.