Widow desperately needs a nerf

It’s just so amusing that with little or no direct changes certain heroes go from being a non-issue to “game breaking” as the meta changes to favor them. When all this talk started about Tracer a while ago I was still being told “switch off Tracer, she’s $%^&” before the match even started.
Too much Widow now? That will happen if there’s no-one on your team with any mobility/verticality to challenge her.
One advantage of being in lower ranks is, provided you communicate and work together as a team, you can win without having to follow a strict meta.

As a widow main I’m going to argue against the points said

• Widows 1 hit kill is so OP / Grapple is op

High risk high reward. High Skill aswell. She doesn’t always hit 1 shots it’s actually really hard to hit headshots against a proper comp. If you had the chance to press ‘h’ in qp and choose widow, you would see, she gets buttfuc*ed by the majority of flankers. I’ve seen you use the argument that she can just grapple away from the winston and do free damage on him, however you are stating this like it is a 1v1. There are 10 other people in the game with you, and unless the winston is chasing you to spawn (which would be a MISPLAY by him) you would usually get rekt by the other heroes in the game. Most likely if you are a good widow, a team would not send only a winston on you. They would have other heroes shooting too that keeps pressure on her and oh suddenly its not just winston and or dva vs widow.

She needs a cooldown on her shot

This goes back to the before message. It is damn hard to hit shots on widow consistently. Which you would know if you played her. So nerfing that would be nerfing her to a high risk low reward hero instead of high risk high reward.

• 150 hp pls / her hit box is small

her hitbox is indeed on the smaller end however, her head hitbox is the size of zens (hella big) its easy to take her down.

Currently 1am dont judge spelling/grammar mistakes

2 Likes

And who is #1? :thinking:
and has been the #1 DPS pick for this whole season?
It’s almost like Hanzo shredding sniper counters this season makes Widow incredibly viable as a secondary DPS…

no. hanzo first and then we can look at widow.

hanzo is way stronger in every way.

Well, Hanzo now requires more skill than before, because of the missing scatter arrow, but I have to agree with Brigitte, she is overall the easiest to use, and is a heavy hitter, so she is basically easy mode, same with Moira, because of her self healing she can’t be killed, unless if the whole team takes away their attention from other enemies, and focuses fire on her, and her DPS is super high, ultimately making her almost indestructible, except for junkrat/hanzo/widow, but Brigitte, she IS indestructible, she can barely be countered by anyone, because her flail is way too OP, and her shield is strong enough to be able to withstand a lot of hits, so she can get away, so SHE IS INDESTRUCTIBLE!

Do u know what a sniper is ?

That’s not true, a great Soldier can definitely bully the enemy team.

It takes time to charge a shot.

I’m beginning to think you don’t play hitscans, some heroes have big crit boxes but others are small.

Have you tried diving on her? Or playing around map geometry? Or behind a shield?

1 Like

She’s an actual Sniper in the entire game. So I don’t see ‘One Shot’ really as an issue with her since you need a lot of mechanical skills to master her headshot accuracy.

Hanzo on the other hand, shouldn’t be able to one shot people at any range. He’s not sniper with long range capabilities. He’s the one that people need to complain about not Widow.

Hanzo is the MccSniper in the game currently.

3 Likes

Eh, Soldier is pretty useless in this meta. Armor severely reduces his damage and excessive healing easily recovers what little he manages to do; Hanzo and Widow both eat him for breakfast; he has next to no synergy with Zarya; Reinhardt and Brigitte laugh at his ult.

Bingo. There’s your cooldown on 1-shots.

Precisely. Hanzo might be able to fudge a headshot here or there but Widow certainly can’t.

Those require too much teamwork and/or mechanical skill. I either want the offending hero to be nerfed into uselessness or hard-countered by an aimless hero who’s also meta. /s

1 Like

bottom line is, if you cant kill widow with symm, switch… people should switch if you play doomfist and up against a bastion, because doomfist is practically useless when bastion is involved. There are plenty of ways to counter widowmaker aka a sneaky genji… she doesnt need a nerf, but i will say again, i do think she shouldnt be able to snipe someone straight up in their face.

1 Like

People forget that Hanzo (Despite NOT being a Sniper) can one shot people from any range.
From long range he’s pure luck and spam based which still grants him lucky headshots.
Close to mid range is where his skill starts to glow in action.

People complained about Mccree having same dmg at all ranges during beta but look at now, we have the same MccSniper in the game but with a bow instead of a revolver.

1 Like

Widowmaker is undeniably the highest skill requirement DPS in the game. Much higher than Tracer and much higher than Genji.

She is a risky pick and has been called a troll pick for well over a year at this point in the hands of all but the most skilled experts.

And you’re seriously saying she needs a nerf?

What?

And headbox hitboxes are too large and generous in this game? What? I certainly do not remember having nearly as difficult of a time being a sniper in games like call of duty in the past.

However, she also has direct counters that wreck her face like Winston and D’va.

She also cannot stand close to mid range combat as well as other heros like Soldier, McCree, Hanzo.

So I don’t get it. On one hand this forum wants “HIGH SKILLCAP HEROES TO BE REWARDED” and meanwhile is now calling for Widowmaker nerfs. It’s absolutely crazy to me.

3 Likes

totally agree with this… if you can’t counter a hero with the comp you have, switch. its simple as that, theres plenty to counter “the snipers”

They do die with one shot, too. If tge shot comes from a sniper hero; Widow and Hanzo.

It makes a ton of sense, actually. For the record, IRL a sniper bullet in the foot is still going to kill you. It will dismantle your whole leg and you will die from the bleeding.

This headshot thing is only to spice things up in the video game.

1 Like

Widow is not desperate for a nerf. You are desperate for a nerf for Widow.

I suggest you improve and deal with your personal struggles regarding an all around balanced hero who relies on nothing but skill, unlike other Heroes who function on gimmicks.

2 Likes

I think someone isn’t paying too much attention.

Honestly, I find the witch hunt for heroes with an infinite skill ceiling extremely scary. What do you want? A hero that, while playing blindfolded, destroys Widow? You seem to me like you’re salty because you got owned by Widow and now, instead of learning how to counter her (or to stay out of her line of sight) effectively, you just demand nerfs.

That’s such an unhealthy behaviour…

3 Likes

like i said number of times, only thing i think widow needs is some sort of passive where she can’t snipe you right in her face, because it would fit more to her name. but thats it. No need for nerfs at all, its skill and only based on skills which widow and hanzo required.

No, widow need that her counters will be viable.