Widow desperately needs a nerf

It makes 0 sense to have a character that can 1 hit kill with a scope from a mile away while she has a tiny hitbox.
while it takes skill to use her, when you are skilled its broken. someone that has mastered soldier for example would never be as effective as someone that mastered widow. there needs to be a cool down added to shooting with a scope, not a big one, just like 2 or 3 seconds. or lower her health to 150. if a character can 1 hit kill from a mile away at the very least they should die with 1 hit too

the game also REALLY needs to fix the hitbox for heads since it is overly generous and extends out far beyond the head. half the headshots are going a few inches away from the actual head.

a skilled widow is impossible to play against, ana doesnt get 1 hit kill and hanzo doesnt have a scope, there really needs to be some middle ground since pretty much all ranged weapons have spread that dont reach her and 99% of the time it just becomes 2 widows on each team fighting each other since another widow is the best counter to a widow.

101 Likes

She doesn’t need a nerf, but her design was pretty bad imo. Good widows suck the fun right out of the game.

137 Likes

lol good joke. widow’s fine. she has counters. if she was a problem she’d dominate top 500

63 Likes

Meh. Lots of mind games involved with her; that’s half the battle. Hanzo is far worse.

16 Likes

To be fair, she is the main secondary dps in t500 :stuck_out_tongue:

29 Likes

she really does suck the fun out, getting 1 shotted from a mile away when you leave spawn… there is no way to counter that.

21 Likes

Honestly, I think its okay for a character to be this powerful if it requires this much skill unlike other certain heroes cough Brigitte cough cough Hanzo cough

21 Likes

hanzo doesnt have a scope and has to be up close, so you can actually go hit while, while widow is up high in areas you cant reach

2 Likes

You do know what a sniper rifle is, right?

65 Likes

shes far from fine, her scope needs a cool down. being able to pick off an entire team in a few seconds is something no one should be able to do from so far away.
the entire concept of balancing characters is out the window with her.

and the fact that she is in most games is proof alone that she needs to be fixed. or at the very least fix the hitboxes so it stops being overly generous with headshots

15 Likes

And yet he’s the one dominating, while she isn’t.

8 Likes

I see where you are coming from but from what I see it takes a lot of skill to play her. She isn’t no junkrat where you just spam in one place and hope to get a kill. She requires fast reflexes along with great aiming. This isn’t something that anybody could have. I don’t think she needs a nerf. Yes, she is annoying to play against but it takes just as much skill to kill her as it takes the widow to kill you.

6 Likes

Widow doesn’t need a nerf. She has counters. She requires certain map design elements to get her sight lines. She’s fine.

Also, in what world wouldn’t a sniper rifle shot to the head kill you? Seems reasonable to me. If anyone should have a one-shot, it should be the sniper.

21 Likes

because he takes less skill. just because a character takes more skill to master doesnt mean once its mastered it isnt broken. that is kinda the whole point of trying to balance characters

11 Likes

Lol. Have we come full circle from launch? Will it be time to nerf McCree again?

11 Likes

Reinhardt counters that

3 Likes

Okay, now you say that I see your point. Normally its a case of just being triggered by being unable to play angles well, but I do agree a top tier widow is awful to play against - had to play against t500 widow/hanzo duos a few times and it’s not fun.

But I don’t feel like she is a priority personally, and I’m not sure what they could do to make her more fair, except to double the time it takes to charge her scope?

The problem is her mobility. Dive counters her? Graple away and snipe divers. Even in OWL they say that it’s a bout which widow is better. Balanced?

11 Likes

in what world are there dwarves, mechs, non humans, and humans all fighting in unrealistic ways that are meant to be balanced?

trying to make a claim of realism in a game that isnt supposed to be realistic is not an argument, by that logic soldier should be killing everyone easily within 1 clip, since hes unloading a ton of bullets into a crowd

4 Likes

He honestly takes more. Sure he can spam, but if you’re trying to consistently kill things as Hanzo it’s harder to do than Widowmaker. His bow is a projectile with an Arc, which is so much harder to aim than a hitscan gun.

And honestly, the point of high skill heroes is that they have a ton of value the better you get at them. If Widow wasn’t strong when you mastered her, why the hell would you master her?

7 Likes