Widow desperately needs a nerf

just wait for the “why nerf skill” comments

I wonder if a skilled anything can do as much as a widow tho

she just has to be better than enemy widow. she doesn’t need to be a GM. this is a bullsh!t lie. they still do well in any enviroment if they specifically know how to play snipers. and its just unfun whether its good for her team or not.

2 Likes

it got worse because his precious widow was on the receiving end for once.

there are few perfectly balanced characters in this game. widow isnt one of them. id say bastion and genji are very well balanced… and genji takes a lot of skill to be good at too, but there are still hard limits on how op a skilled genji can be

1 Like

I learn a lot when people give proper information without make wild statements without any solid proof or logical argument.

I don’t think much of widow so I do enjoy going to forums that talk topics I don’t often have great insight on. It was clear to me you weren’t here to actually discuss anything.

Since you singled out a char I KNOW has very little trouble with widow. Or did =(

2 Likes

ya, the funniest part is, my issue with widow is only when im not playing sym, but like soldier or zen or someone. playing sym is pretty much fine all around when it comes to other heroes. id say her worst problem is pharah reinhardt and doomfist. and of course brig

if i was just complaining about heroes that hard counter sym id be on here complaining about them

Grow up and let it go. Stop being so childish that you had to respond to me again, you just want an argument at this point. Now if you’d kindly not respond to me anymore and leave me alone in this thread that’d be great. You wanted me out of this thread and I left. Respond again and I’ll be forced to report and flag. Have a nice day.

Ive said before and I’ll say again-

One shots don’t bother me in overwatch. Within the confines of specific mechanics. Tells, Wind ups, telegraphs, obvious proximity limitations- etc.

What I enjoy about overwatch is the super powered team fight brawling aspect- where fights come down to trading your resources with your opponents. Monitoring their reloads and abilities- keeping tabs on the ult economy- making your opponent spend more than you and capitalizing on it with your own resources.

Widow, and hanzo to a degree for similar reasons, go against this experience for me.

Yes. She takes AMAZING skill to utilize. She’s amazingly balanced in that sense- and only as good as her player is.

And only a FOOL would deny the skill necessary to get those head shots.

But I don’t enjoy it. For them, if they’re good, being “out of position” and being killed instantly happens the moment they have LoS on you without a shield in front of you.

You’re not necessarily directly fighting this hero, so much as you’re trying to be aware of their presence. I dislike that.

If I wanted a mechanical skill shooter, I’d play a mechanical shooter.

It’s not what I want from overwatch.

I don’t propose to have any solutions, and I know most wont share my opinion- I simply don’t like those type of mechanics in games like this.

2 Likes

exactly. i have 0 problem with a character having 1 hit kills. my problem is the rate they are able to do them. i can see why people would have an equal problem with hanzo, but for me its not that big since for the most part he does have to be much closer. ranged hits are very much just luck. widow is definitely one of the hardest to master, but the problem is that mastering her shouldnt make her some unstoppable force that can get a quad kill. if she was closer in on the action id have 0 issue since people can just go up to her and kill her. but she is ranged and that cant be taken away , and a lot of aspects about her cant be changed. there just needs to be a fine balance found. but she definitely doesnt have that now

1 Like

That’s just a flat out lie.
She needs to be better than the whole team, otherwise you can just kill her with anything basically.
Especially true at lower ranks, since unskilled players on other heroes can do a lot more than unskilled players on Widow.

1 Like

Most heros I feel I have a very decent grasp on their strengths and weaknesses but widow is tricky.

She walks on a Razors edge.

The only way I see them able to tune her may be

-grappling hook cd increase (which could completely wreck her ability to escape and fluidly move to sniping spots)

-Fall off damage (which would vastly reduce her effective range but then drop her to f-tier due to sheetty dmg)

Her tools, except maybe her sheet mine, are 100% necessary for a sniper so a rework seems out of the question and wouldn’t want them to even attempt

2 Likes

yup its why ive stopped playing among other reasons, people literally spread falsehoods beaus they have an agenda

Unless “all” is you and yourself, you’re alone agreeing on this.

Widow is balanced. Her ult might use some buff actually.

It just aint fair for Mcree and 76. I would like to see what people will say if those 2 had double damage

literally not alone on this. but thanks for selectively reading things, picking out something to come back with an ad hominem even when i keep trying to keep the topic on her balancing. if you think shes balanced, make the case for it.

i think everyone here universally agrees her ult needs a buff. but what is mixed here is her sniping ability and balancing it with skill

Not really true. More than half the roster doesn’t have the reach or mobility to really contest her.

Even the people arguing for Widow retort with “pick Whinston” a lot. A good widow will deny you more area than any other hero could ever hope to cover.

Having to pick a very specific set of heros that can even reach her let alone counter her is not healthy. Then they seem more like soft counters then anything else as she can escape fairly easily

2 Likes

Her sniping ability didn’t change since… what? Season 1 or 2 ?

She was the forever troll pick, even more than Symm, Torb, Mei, Hanzo and Bastion.

Now she’s meta, she’s suddenly broken ? Even without NOT.EVEN.ONE.SINGLE.CHANGE ?

Could you be more biased please ?

3 Likes

ya, ive thought about that too. and then when people dare to point out its unbalanced the people that main them would be in here complaining because we are daring to say its unbalanced.

as pointed out countless times, im a sym main, and even tho i thought she was perfect as it, im fine with the rework happening. i think she was overpowered in some areas and underpowered in others, but i felt it had a good balance once you learned the strategy required to do really well at her.

Every projectile hero other than Mei has no damage fall off.
There, I just solved the game for you.

Ho man, you discovered the purpose of this game. Countering !

WHY IS EVERYONE CALLING FOR WIDOW NERFS HALF THE PLAYER BASE CAN’T EVEN USE HER CORRECTLY that’s gonna be a wutface from me

2 Likes

shes broken now because shes always been this powerful but people werent good at using her. now the people have spent all that time with her and now have gotten good with her. which is exposing how unbalanced she is. needs to be a cap on things. just because you are good at something doesnt mean the hero you are good at isnt broken at skilled levels.
i dont see how this is biased. especially since pretty much everyone here wants to buff her in other areas

1 Like