Why you will never climb!

Also, the expectation that tanks are your kiddie day care patrons is a logical fallacy…a tanks " job" is to apply pressure and chaos on the frontlines…this is how " space is made". The shield is for the express use of the tank to allow him to do this…it is not expressly for the team…the team may benefit from it…just as a team benefits from a dps countering a widow or a pharmacy or a doomfist…

The reason your " tanks suck" is because they’ve been conditioned to play tanks the wrong way…by petulant DPS and supports who don’t even know what their own roles are. Tanks can’t do their job…if you can’t do yours…

There is a good reason why people don’t join voice coms in Overwatch. It has one of the worst communities out there. You get flammed for just about everything, no one wants to come home from a long day at work and have a group of man children yell at them over a game. I don’t blame people for not wanting to join coms at all. Maybe it’s different in your palace in the sky at masters but in plat it’s full of racist a-holes and just troll and be toxic.

3 Likes

Come to Bronze darling, nobody is in comms, no-bo-dy

2 Likes

you’re to blame for this game sucking as much as it does

3 Likes

It is taboo to speak of how the matchmaker clearly works on the forums. You might want to edit your post before some GM player denies its functionality.

“Because if you are GM you can just climb bro.”

3 Likes

lol, anytime I complain about climbing problems I usually get the common generic response; “Get gud”

1. What to do about a Leroy Jenkins Rein who charges out, leaving the team and feeding? “Get gud”
  2. A teammate is being hard countered and won’t switch to anything else, what should I do? “Get gud”
  3. Our team keeps feeding and won’t group up, what is the best solution? “Get gud”
  4. As support, my team is so spread out I can barely heal anyone and die more often because we won’t group up, what should I do? “Get gud”
  5. Leavers quit the matches so often, making it really hard to win, what should I do? “Get gud”

So when players feed, that’s my fault. When tanks push out and die, that’s my fault. When players won’t switch being hard countered, that’s my fault. As a healer, team spread out? My fault. People leaving/quitting matches? My fault.

So in reality, now I simply take all the responsibility for every loss we have as a team. I don’t see any other way to approach it. We lost because somehow I could not overcome all of these problems. I simply need to take responsibility for every single mistake my team makes and “get gud”. That is how I will climb.

2 Likes

If both sides are doing all these things wrong, then wouldn’t half of them advance?

Also, it takes a MINIMUM of 3-4 players to kill one of the other enemy team in my games. They are otherwise invulnerable.

That’s what I don’t understand to get to that skill you have to play against good enemies and improve. So unless you are Masters there is no “just play like GM”, you can’t your enemies are Bots even if you 1v6 you won’t improve and just frustrate.
You don’t have to be GM in order to climb but it’s your best chance. If your enemies have a smurf so what he is also GM at best.
Your teammates are terrible? So what you’re GM just farm enemies. They know you are your teams win condition and focus you? Just get a pocket Healer lul.

Just because a Streamer can get to Top 500 multiple times doesn’t mean Matchmaking is balanced there is just nothing that could challenge them on their way.
Your average Joe however will never climb because even if he improves the difficulty will just increase drastically and pull him back where he “belongs”.

The matchmaker works to sort the ends of the curve, GM and Bronze. The middle 80% is a complete mess however.

A large part of the problem is casual players not playing enough to end up at their proper rank (~150 games per major patch). So they ruin the skill curve in the middle.

A recent large issue is 600hr mercy mains in say…low diamond…being gifted high plat dps accts by a busted placement system. Then they crash and burn their way down to silver (ruining hundreds of games along the way). The same goes for the other 2 roles, with dps mains instalocking RoadHog…crashing 700sr all the while spamming “IhaVeGolDdaMaGe1!!”.

Then there are the smurfs/alts and throwers.

Huh so I am not the only one thinking casuals are the bigger problem. Yes I agree with your points.
Although I fall into that category with my lack of motivation for comp.
If thinks where more balanced I might be interested in climbing again but right now I can’t even imagine getting a decent team 10 times in a row.
I ain’t that lucky you know.

There is this button, it is next to the name of players, i think it mutes them. Interesting button.

:innocent:

1 Like

You may need to follow your own advice here. LOL

Dont know what you mean as i dont BM my team. If a rein charges 3 million miles away… :“Hey rein, dont charge such long distances… short charges, against a wall.” i dont resort to name calling!

So on ther words, it’s the community’s fault your wife is bronze/silver?

You fail to realize that smurfs, like you, are one of the main reasons people fail to climb. But according to blizz, smurfing is not the problem.

1 Like

What if climbing means playing with entitled dps players who think the world owes them for waiting in a que of their choice. More control freaks. More gold fingered reporters who report you for looking at them. More cheaters, account boosters, Smurfs, and aimbots. Why bother climbing when I see the high ranked Smurfs in my games anyway and less baloney?.

All due to the OW devs. They built this game, we’re just trying to play it. Nearly every single thing in this game is built to be frustrating. They made a good game at it’s core. Fun heroes and maps. Good gameplay. Then they stick us with the absolute most frustrating SR and MMR system of all time. Every single thing about the Comp experience is beyond infuriating. They were SO worried about forcing even matches, that they didn’t think of how frustrating it is to have throwers, smurfs, leavers, and the hidden MMR itself out to screw you over… and they pretend it’s your fault you lost 25 SR.

OW2 better have a completely redesigned Comp system, or it’s dead on arrival.

One thing that drives me insane in low elos, is that when people take damage and they are about to die, they will feed and press W and die. Higher ranked players will evade, get healed up and then go back on the attack. The low ranked players never learn, they keep dying and expect a different outcome. I don’t think anything else makes me lose my mind so much.

1 Like

honestly you said key word your wifes not your account. you are talking about such different worlds. you are talking about doing the right thing when everyone is doing the wrong thing. this is a team game when you get to masters until then its a carry game. everything you said was negating its self. you explained how people are tunnel vision and don’t sawp and don’t know how to counter. so how do you play a team game with people like this even if you know what is right??? and if you have played in these low rank games then you know you didn’t win cause you played like a team but because you carried.

there is a reason on these challenges are unranked to gm and not bronze to gm cause its going to be almost impossible to do that with every hero. literally everyone that does that challenge uses placements to skill straight to diamond.

its just funny high rank players just talk down because they are high rank and get to play with people that have game sense and the mechanical skills to have the game sense.

low rank players blame everyone for everything.

when in reality this is just a broken game made by blizzard everyone is getting upset blaming all the wrong things this game is very easy to balance blizzard either just doesn’t do it cause its not fiscally viable to upset the blizzard community that honestly play games that take no game sense or mechanical skill (WoW, Diablo HOTS) so they have to cater to them.

that is why they always nerf skill and make heroes like brig and GOATS strong. bad players have to be able to feel like they are good so they will spend money. blizzard does not know how to cater to people that are not like the blizzard community. the blizzard community is a community for people that feel oppressed one way or another in there lives. OW is prob one of the biggest competitive team based games that the LGBT is part of.

In an other game OP stands for over powered but blizzard uses the term OP as oppressive. i mean its not even two words and we are playing a video game its a little harsh to use a word like that. this isn’t systemic racism.

I have nothing wrong with anyone or anyone preferences, but this is a video game and it shouldn’t matter about anything but if you are good or not. and if you are not good you have to get better not the game company keep trying to change it so you can be better.

i think blizzard keeps forgetting when you change something to help the players with no skill there is going to be good players that are going to abuse to the ground.

but honestly i also think blizzard has terrible coders and prob mess up all the stuff so much cause they thought they nailed it the first time around that its very hard to make changes without doing complete reworks. and this i can believe blizzard is for sure the type of company that would be arrogant enough to think they got everything right first time around. I mean jeff said we didn’t think one tricking would really be a thing. like it makes you feel like they did absolutely no research on other games in the market. every game that has multiple heroes to select has one tricks idk care if you are playing LoL Dota COD APEX Street fighter smash brothers you name it there are one tricks.

Blizzard is super out of touch with the community or really good at prettending.

you and all who liked this post are just dummies, who cant even extract a core of the post, but read interesting context from that to amuse your ego. No, he is not a part of a problem bc problem is you being denyal to understand basic things. There was smurfs all the time, nothing changed from time when I was gold aswell, how did I climb? Part of the problem…there is no problem unless you looking for it to excuse yourself.

Agree. It’s the best way to go.