Why would “YOU” pick Mercy?

At this point it is all she really offers.

1 Like

Well yeah, I’m not aware of any support that provides a skill boost to teammates.

It is on you, however, to boost/heal the right teammates.

That’s where superior healing/sustain from other healers comes in: it allows teammates to ignore most attacks, that don’t straight up kill them.

Because I have very little hours in her overall and in the ptr I’m able to get a metric poop ton of value from her and I’m not even good at her.
I can guarantee she’ll be meta this patch without a doubt in my mind.
So I’ll play her to finally learn her in a time where she is going to be a huge impact hero.

I’d pick her because I love Mercy. Imo she’s the only healer that has viability in just about any team comp. She’s a great counterbalance for enemy teams that have high pick potential (sniperS, DF, etc), as you can’t heal through certain heroes burst damage regardless of which healer you pick, and Rez essentially counters that issue.

It isn’t going to make them any better, which is the core problem. At some point you’re making them ult batteries.

I am able to heal/boost just fine in the vast majority of situations with Mercy, if you can’t that’s partially a you problem.

I can tell you facts that work for me and surely many others. if you can’t achieve the same results with Mercy, then she’s not a good pick for you.

Prefer ult batteries over dying players. Since I don’t see any impact from damage boost - it doesn’t change outcome of engagement. For the most part, it was matter of bringing actually good DPS with me(one could be in Diamond, if he actually wanted to get there) and pocketing only them through whole match. And even then, 50hps was barely enough to keep them alive. With actually good evasion. Needless to say, teammates without such good evasion skills stood no chance.

I don’t have the problem of not being able to keep up with damage most of the time.

Absolutely I have games that go south, everyone does. But on the whole, I can attribute few to insufficient base healing. Most games I don’t do well in are the result of bad choices I made. I regularly watch replays to see what I’m doing wrong and right.

At some point you have to take responsibility for yourself. Some people just have a harder time with Mercy. That’s fine and perfectly normal, don’t use her if you can’t get value out of her. All I’m ever trying to say is that it’s possible to get value with Mercy if you have the right skill set. Hell, I’d surely be garbage Ana because my skill set doesn’t include aim.

• Guardian Angel let’s me be almost anywhere I want to be at any given moment, so I’m never “stuck” and there’s always something I can be doing to help the team.
  • Rez is one of the few answers to Widowmaker that isn’t a better Widowmaker.
  • Damage boost is fun for me and the patient, and is always available.
  • Valk is like a weaker nanoboost that you can give to 5 people.

It’s simple. Do I have a ranged DPS who consistently hits shots on my team? If so, I’ll pocket them with Mercy and let Moira heal the front line. I’ve done this during tiebreakers and it made all the difference.

Only time I get value out of Mercy, is when it depends from my skills. Not from teammates. So I refuse to be blamed, when teammate can’t win engagement, even while having advantage of first shot and damage boost on top of it.

If i want a layed back and relaxing experience. But Moira is even easier and more effective. So… i guess i wouldn’t play Mercy.

to buff various characters damage and for rez for good tanks.
but if team is bad i wouldn’t pick mercy.

Then there must be some mystery of the universe we have yet to uncover that makes your experience and mine different. I can’t help with that.

Are you playing on console?

I play on PC.

<20characters>

Interesting, that you find actually competent teammates. In my games it always was steamroll from one side or another. Either my teammates perish from focused fire faster, than I can resurrect even one, or my teammates are so strong, that enemy team can’t really deal any damage.

That depends how you definite competent.

I don’t always have great teammates (and I’m not always great either, I’m not trying to be elitist) - but unless I or my teammates are playing like complete trash (such that no healer would help), I have very few problems.

Competent I define as having basic FPS experience, such as knowing, when to fall back, using cover and being somewhat accurate shots.

For some reason, in Overwatch I met many players, who got literally no grasp of FPS basics. Watching 76 firing, while standing still out in the open, is not funny thing to watch.

The only reason I would be Mercy is if I am literally forced to play her, like in mystery heroes. I hate this character the most of any character.