Why would “YOU” pick Mercy?

Sometimes you just need to autopilot

I pick Mercy (queue support) mostly because the dps/tank I normally enjoy are considered less than desirable in current meta. And queuing up for the chance of getting a map “good” for them is a risk I just don’t want to bother taking.

I like heroes with mobility and Mercy provides that 10x over. Her healing is underwhelming to put it lightly but is made up for in damage boost. Mobile comps benefit from Mercy because of her GA.
However I would not recommend playing her if you’ve got a Zen in your dive lineup. You’re better off just playing Ana or Moira with it so you can properly protect your Zen with proper heals.

Just something to tack on has anyone else noticed that Zen is usually meta when Mercy is in a good state? Looking back at past metas (not goats) the 2 seem to go together like peanut butter and jam.

Why would I pick Mercy? Personally I wouldn’t, I find her incredibly boring to play unless I’m doing Battle Mercy in 3v3 or free for all. If I’m, for whatever reason, picking to go support, I’m usually only picking Moira, but I find her fun to play.

Well judging by the comments, people mostly only pick mercy to rez and dmg boost, not heal.

The state of Mercy, but I guess shes BALANCED lmao

Mobility. I particularly enjoy frustrating people trying to run me down.

She’s easily the most survivable support in the game when you master mobility. I’m always challenging myself to keep my death rate as low as possible - beam uptime has to be high to maximize her potential.

Oh my god, someone finally gets it. Even though their arguments are valid in some cases, these people complaining about rez, or heals, or dmg boost, or whatever dont seem to get it like you, cheers

Just to relax and have fun with her mobility.

1 Like

I pick mercy when i know a player can perform and we’re not playing deathball. That boost to a genji blade, for example, or a well positioned ashe enables much cleaner kills.

I dont pick mercy because i want people to live on my team.

1 Like

Because she has good skins. That’s about it.

Constant healing without a ressource-meter.
A Damage Buff to empower a lot of channeled ultimates.
The Ability to fly from teammate to teammate, possibly escaping really dicy situations.
Literally negating a pick the enemy team has made, giving someone a 2nd chance at fighting.
An Ultimate that makes me heal my entire team at once. Heroes never die.

I think she’s pretty good. You just have to make sure to use your rez as often as possible. As Mercy you don’t contribute in fights like a batiste or moira can, so what you lack you have to compensate by making an ally count double

Truly because she’s the one support I thoroughly enjoy.

The only times I truly think “man mercy would do really well rn” is when the enemy is playing more melee/flanker heroes, but that’s only cause she has SJ which allows me to avoid them.

Also ofc if we go bunker(zzzzzzz) and pharah.

Mostly, though, just cause I like her base kit

It’s interesting to me that people say that supports define the meta.

Yet with Mercy, she’s only good if certain DPS are picked.

She’s completely DPS dependent.

2 Likes

My aim in Overwatch sucks admittedly, but regardless I still prefer to be constantly moving when I play support, which is why Mercy is my main healer of preference. Moira has high mobility as well, while also being pretty easy to play, but Mercy’s mobility is far more consistent. The more I can move around, the more engaged I feel.

This is just my personal reason for still playing her, despite all the nerfs. It may sound crazy, but being evasive can have its benefits.

Her mobility, if we have a Pharah they I go Mercy without even thinking.
I like pocketing Tanks and DPS, I also have a terrible aim so Ana and Zen are not a good option for me if i want to go serious, sometimes I play other supports but I really don’t know, Mercy is my main healer and I just enjoy playing with her.

But also, I can GA the sh*t out of dangerous situations and I really love that.

to pocket a sniper? maybe for a pharah but I’d rather just ana for that. (assuming not vs a sigrisa)

this does mean enxt patch she’s going to be very strong, btw.

In short… i like her. Angels are cool in games and she’s the closest we got. Damage boost is highly underestimated in value and not used right. If all your trying to do is be a heal-bot then dont play mercy, you should be damage boosting as much as possible to help get picks and do things like help baby dva re-mech faster.

Also resurrect is a great ability to have to help your team not tilt so hard cause they suck at staying alive.

However, it depends on teammates more, than on you. As both healing and boost don’t work on bad players well.

1 Like

I’ve been playing tons of support lately, and I found myself picking up mercy on certain situations.

• If there’s more dive heroes in my team.
  • If we have snipers on my team.
  • If I’m being dived.
  • If we have Pharah.
  • If I feel like dmg boosting, cus something about it is so satisfying. Idk why.
  • If I feel like flying around.

I am less inclined to pick her if we have a Rein/Zarya situation, or if there’s more dmg dealt by the enemy team that I can’t outheal.

Three supports I rarely pick are Brig, Moira, Bap.

I haven’t gotten used to Bap yet.
Moira is boring to me.
Brig is fun, and I did challenge myself to pick her up more often, but I have PTSD from Brig 0.1 that I can’t help but cower every time I see her.

1 Like

for me its not about getting the most value from a character which I cant play to its fullest extent, so I pick mercy, cuz I want to play mercy… for me winning is not as important as having fun, so why would I play a character that objectively is better than mercy, when I as the player, not having fun playing it. And since im playing the character I want to play, it will result in me doing well, and also winning. I play overwatch for fun not for just winning.

seriously, skins should be the last thing to consider while picking a character.