Why should we give feedback?

If everything we say is just going to be ignored.

Interested on the answer for this one.

94 Likes

We should stop giving feedback and just ask for what the devs want to hear and regurgitate it. It would save so many pointless paragraphs from being written.

29 Likes

Sure, this patch was absolutely incredible. Every change was just perfect and this will change the meta so much!! Iā€™m so excited for whats to come! Iā€™m sure 100% of the community thinks the same :slight_smile:

18 Likes

You should totally give feedback due to the following reasons!

17 Likes

i like the changes, they can listen to me

mcree did not need buffs but this one wont bother me. Hanzo is fine too, a little weak even

2 Likes

Just give feedback, 4head.

ā€¦ it is not like we havenā€™t been showing our dissatisfaction with the balance direction for years or something.

11 Likes

this forum cant agree on anything though. You guys act like that mcree change is game breaking when it isnt

Hanzo was a little weak too, probably still will be

2 Likes

Not everything is ignored, they tend the take stuff on board, but they are weighing up a lot of other things at the same time.

Iā€™d really love a way to be able to mark something as ā€œthis is long form feedback for the dev teamā€ rather than ā€œthis is chatting to other playersā€ but I think that would be abused by people really quickly.

Iā€™ve posted about a seizure inducing bug in the bug report section yesterday but nothing so far.

I guess they are busy buffing Hanzo.

10 Likes

I consider reaching 70% more spots is pretty good
Is not game breaking but itā€™s overloaded

Iā€™ve cried for parkour for years for sombra and they were so scared but not with McCree :smiling_imp:

hey at least I got it, should not complain that much

2 Likes

It is not game breaking because those heroes are already broken. Is is waste of resources buffing heroes who are already meta even more while others remain useless for years.

3 Likes

It is not game breaking because those heroes are already broken. Is is waste of resources buffing heroes who are already meta even more while others remain useless for years

noOoooO, it WiLL sHaKe uP tEh mEtA, dEvs sAiD sO

11 Likes

The thing is , how I see it , most of our feedback here in the Forums, if not all is not reaching the Dev Team at all .

2 Likes

Well, not everything

The hanzo bug was quickly fixed but anything that doesnā€™t literally break the game gets ignored

There is no point in giving feedback, because it simply doesnā€™t matter. They donā€™t care about that.

And if they do want to listen to player feedback, then they will most likely ask content creators and pros for that, and not you or me.

7 Likes

I think that is fair. They donā€™t want to LISTEN. And they only listened to feedback very briefly before making this game.

Who knows. They are like most companies and spend MILLIONS of dollars on something, hope it sticks and if it doesnā€™t. So be it.

Not like they care if someone made a PRIVATE SERVER of the game and did it better than themā€¦ :rofl: (which ended in them going after those folks, none the less! ) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Feedback from the forums is essentially meaningless. Blizzard (Kaplan) has even stated so.

The reason for this is that the actual amount of people posting on the forums is such an insignificant section of the playerbase that itā€™s the same as looking at school board election turnout as ā€œwhat the people wantā€.

Thatā€™s not to say they donā€™t read it, just that it does not figure significantly into their decision making process.

Forums are essentially a venting tool for players.

1 Like

Just stop playing the game. Donā€™t be an addict like Bobby Kotich wants.

1 Like

Community Manager AndyB has given key details to why community feedback does not necessarily mean that feedback will be applied to the game.

Regarding direct suggestions instead of telling them what you like and donā€™t likeā€¦

2 Likes

Yea yeaā€¦ only the competitive, content creators, influencers, overwatch league are the core blah blah blahā€¦ lets buff again meta, popular same, boring and overrated heroes and nerf underrated, newer, fun and hated heroes. And make everything more offensive paced than defensive paced.

18 Likes