😡 Why Sanjay (Symmetra 3.0) is Not Symmetra and Why You Should be Angry

Sym mains asked for buffs and quality of life improvements. Everybody else asked for Sym to be deleted from the game because she’s a “garbage hero”. So blame everyone else, not us.

2 Likes

Sym main here, been maining her since beta. She needs a rework her kit doesn’t work in the game as it stands. Thank you that is all

3 Likes

I think she needs adjustments, but I think there’s still a place for her methodical, strategic playstyle. In most games there’s ebbs and flows and Sym can set things up during an ebb and then be aggressive in a flow. I wouldn’t say her kit doesn’t work in the game as it stands because obviously there’s a very vibrant community of Sym mains who like her kit and make it work with positive win rates.

1 Like

I still can’t believe they are removing Symmetra from the game. I mean Blizzard is a big company with a lot of resources. They could easily have created a new hero with these new skills but they are choosing to remove Symmetra.

That is just very hard to believe. It is not as a late April Fool’s joke. It is actually happening, and it makes me angry to see it happen.

1 Like

How do we know the Symmetra “rework” is actually for a different character like Sanjay? Is it just speculation?

Calling the rework “Sanjay” Is hyperbole.

What we know thus far is that they are completely reworking every single aspect of her kit, and that has never been done up to date in Overwatch. It’s not one or two abilities being replaced, or the current abilities only having number adjustments.

• Her primary fire on live is a lock-on beam. Her proposed new primary fire is a beam that requires aim.
  • Her secondary fire on live is a slow orb that pierce through barriers and enemies. Her proposed new secondary fire is an orb that will have much more speed and rate of fire, but will explode on contact instead of piercing.
  • Her Teleporter is changing from an ultimate that allow your team to come back from spawn faster, to a team-wide shadow step. It’s a complete change of scope, to the point you can’t even draw parallel between the abilities.
  • Her turrets are being significantly buffed, but they are also reducing her stash/placed cap to only three turrets, which will force everyone to design new turret placement spots, because most of our current turret spots will not work with only half the turrets.
  • Shield Generator and Photon Barrier are being removed.
  • We are getting a brand new Ultimate, that while it sounds awesome, it’s a new ultimate, and we have to learn it from scratch.

So, basically, all those hours we invested on Symmetra? All useless now. We are starting from the ground up just like everyone that never played Symmetra before, which is why OP is making the comparison that we are effectively gaining Hero 28 (“Sanjay”), but losing Symmetra in the same patch.

It’s not a matter if the rework will be fun to play. The matter is if Blizzard really needed to go that far to “fix” her in the first place. Especially because a ton of Symmetra players have been giving feedback and buff suggestions since November 2016 (including a megathread with 2000+ replies), and we have not received a single dev comment on those suggestions.

1 Like

Ohh I see. I think they should try to keep Symmetra’s old style while a new character takes the rework. So we have both at the same time.

1 Like

As a former Mercy main, you have my sympathies, but do not hope for anything from Blizzard. They give and take as they please.

1 Like

I think it’s a natural reaction to get so worked up over such a drastic change.

Blizzard decided the core of the hero was wrong after they didn’t change the core the first time and she still wasn’t where she needed to be. Honestly, I feel like the turrets are kinda out of place in the new hero; I mean I don’t see how the playstyle fits with someone who is focused around clever tele use with her team and shield break. It’s just the remnants of the old hero.

I think it’s time to accept it and move on. She’s gone. She’s not coming back.

I actually get the feeling Symmetra rework may also be the influence of her being integrated in a new PvE event in the future like Uprising/Retribution.

Actually that’s wrong.

Blizzard’s initial statement in their Developer Update was that Symmetra is fine where is at and she will only get minor buffs.

It is the ignorant community that forced their hand and now they are changing her so much that it is akin to deleting her from the game.

I don’t blame them for doing this, because the community was at their throats for maintaining their stance.

The community went berserk so they announced a rework.

But what the rework contains is NOT Symmetra.

It is Sanjay, and I wish to see him as a NEW HERO added to Overwatch, instead of as a replacement to Symmetra.

I’ll enjoy him but not if Symmetra is not there. Then there will be bitterness of losing a favourite hero.

1 Like

For those who don’t remember:

1 Like

I miss being able to post links :frowning:

The community is not the reason behind this Symmetra rework. You are deluded if you think that is the case. Also, this is not Sanjay, get over yourself. She is still Symmetra even though her abilities are not the same.

The more you try to stupidly call it “Sanjay” the more your defeatist attitude shows. There are a disgusting amount of people who are so willing to completely write off any reworks before you have even seen test gameplay footage. It’s sad. You aren’t even willing to test the changes before you throw hissy fits. You have a mental block up. The sooner you deal with that the sooner you can start to deal with the improved Symmetra who is now capable of much more, and infinitely more viable on both sides of the map.

This is how games like Overwatch work, they can drastically change. If you don’t want to adapt then I’m sorry. But you have a defeatist attitude and a mental block up. Try to care about Overwatch, and the game as a whole, and stop just caring about Symmetra only. Clearly, there were players who felt entitled and had absolutely no idea how Overwatch was going to work three years in.

2 Likes

Yeah, as they should. It’s their game and vision. We are only using it.

They’re claiming that this is a completely new character just because Symmetra’s abilities are being amplified and changed to fit her defense role now

You said it the most perfect out if anyone friend.

I have to agree with you, the reworked Symmetra is still Symmetra and no amount of complaining will change it. She was in dire need of a rework after the first one didn’t do enough and while I do enjoy playing Symmetra, I knew she needed changes. Also, I find it funny people are so adamant to dismiss the Symmetra rework as a new character yet didn’t call the Hanzo rework “Sojiro” because of how much was changed

1 Like

Get ready for people telling you ‘Hanzo wasn’t fully changed like Sym so we wouldn’t do that. Sym is ‘totally’ changing. She had to enter the Witness Protection Program, change her name to Sanjay, and get a sex change.’

Realistically, people are attached to Sym, and that’s okay. It’s fine to not want your favorite hero to change. But it’s important to realize why the hero should change. There won’t be an ‘Overwatch 2’, heroes have to change as the landscape of the game changes. There is not a single hero entitled to staying the same. And the amount of complaining based on nothing but proposals is not alright.

2 Likes

Sure, changes. But Mercy and Hanzo both just had abilities shifted around and kept the 80% of the rest of what they do. They still play roughly the same as they did before the changes, and their roles certainly haven’t been changed as far as what they bring to a team.

Sym as she is IS effectively being removed from the game. I would rather they adjust one or two abilities, make smaller steps, roll the rework out in stages before they make such drastic changes all together. Start with changing her primary attack. Then her secondary attack. Tweak her ults. Change some numbers. As it is, everything is changing all at once so that she is, truly, a new hero. A new hero is fun and all, but I love 2.0 Sym and would rather see if they can make a place for her, rather than remove her altogether.