😡 Why Sanjay (Symmetra 3.0) is Not Symmetra and Why You Should be Angry

Sym is also not in the same spot that Hanzo and Mercy were. Her current spot does not warrant small changes over a long time period. The Dev’s clearly do not want to wait that long just to make one change at a time to her kit. Obviously, they do not think that will be enough, so here we are, at a total rework.

Your defeatist attitude is showing. They are not removing HER, only her current abilities. There is a massive difference between the two. The more you try to erroneously tell yourself that Sym is being removed, the harder this will be for you. It’s still Symmetra in the same way that changing your clothes, or buying a new house, or driving a new car, does not change you. This is just your mental block talking, break it down.

If all the Sym fans care ever so much about the precious ‘lore’, then how have they not come to the simple conclusion that Symmetra has an almost Bruce Wayne-esque resources and a similarly massive corporate structure behind her that would easily allow her to develop new hardlight weapons and abilities for herself.

You are making this really hard on yourself, try to be more open minded about this rework. You could be pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

The heroes in the game are essentially defined by their abilities. I don’t play Sym because she’s an autistic Indian architect. I play her because I like her kit and think she’s fun. But that kit I like which has kept my interest in this game for this long is being changed entirely. If you really cannot understand why people wouldn’t be upset by that, then you really don’t need to comment on the topic, because you don’t understand what’s happening.

4 Likes

You have missed anything I tried to say, and most likely didn’t read any of it. As I previously stated, I understand how people get attached to heroes and don’t want them to change, that is reasonable. However, that is a mindset that will set you up for failure in a game like Overwatch. It is okay for you to want something to stay the same, as long as you can see why it has to change, and are open minded and ready to try the changes. Sym fans want her to stay the same, can’t see why she should change, and aren’t even willing to see test footage, let alone try it themselves on PTR.

This is not about people not wanting their hero to change. It is about people only caring about one hero, not the state of the game. It is about people restlessly complaining about a rework that is only proposed and no test footage has been released. This is about people being closed minded, and giving into their defeatist attitudes and mental blocks. And it is about entitled players thinking that their favorite hero is above a rework. This is Blizzard’s pond, you are just splashing in it. They have a vision for this game and for each hero. We are now seeing this play out more than ever. Get used to it and adapt, or don’t and stop playing. It is that simple, and that always will be the future of this game.

I spent a lot of time in Destiny 1/2s forums and you sound a lot like the diehard fans that blindly followed Bungie into the oblivion that series became.

1 Like

That is the exact opposite of how the Destiny community views Bungie. What forums are you reading? Forums that jerk off Bungie?

Destiny and Overwatch are vastly different games. I am not a diehard Blizzard fan, never played a Blizz game before Overwatch. Not a fanboy, just a dude who is shocker open to changes.

Sym is the hero that causes the most tilt when picked out of the entire hero line up. Something needed to happen.

I’d be more angry if they left a hero F-tier for longer than two years.

No, I mean the ones that are leaving now because they finally realize that Bungie didn’t have the games actual best interest or playerbase at heart.

Blizzard is attempting to satiate the part of the playerbase that dislikes Symmetra instead of listening to the proposed changes of those who actually play her.

Sym mains: Can our teammates see our ults through walls please?

Blizzard: Did you say remove adding shield health and shield gen entirely? A core aspect of Symmetras kit since launch? Can do.

3 Likes

If you think the devs are changing Symmetra JUST because some of the playerbase does not like her, than you are further gone, and more misguided, than I thought. In which case, this conversation is over.

I mean really? You don’t see how this rework makes her infinitely more viable on both sides of the map? How do you not see that devs care about making heroes more viablie? If it changes the kit, or reworks the hero, so be it. The hero will be in a better spot and more viable!

And fine, I’ll play this silly game:
Yup, and scatter was in since launch too. As was mass rez, as was the OG Lucio healing aura and his speed multiplier. As was his original wall riding mechanic. As was the longer Dmatrix for Dva, as was her old health/armor ratio, as was health pack denial Sombra, as was old Ana Nano Beyblade, as was OG Junkrat, as was Hook 1.0, as was the 400dmg Pulse Bomb. The devs thought it would be better to change these abilities. As they are deciding a Sym change will be better for the hero, and the game.

The devs know more and care far more than you do. You are a defeatist. Be more open.

“Sanjay”? I’m sorry, I can’t take you seriously when you do that.

1 Like

I for one am excited for the new kit Symmetra will be using. Just because she will be using different/changed skills, doesn’t change who she is or the lore behind her story.

what the hell are you smoking

OP,you have my sympathy.

Also,to the people saying that “this is the point of reworks”,have you even played other Blizzard games?

In Heroes of the Storm,heroes get reworked all the time,but guess what,their main abilities stay the same.

Even in Overwatch,when you look at previous hero reworks,most of the time,their core kits remained the same.
Mercy: Healing Beam/Damage Boost,Rez,Angelic Descent & Guardian Angel remained. Valkyrie & Angel Bounce were added.
Hanzo: Sonic Arrow,Primary Fire and Wall Climb remained. Scatter was removed,but in its place,Storm Arrow was added and mobility was expanded on with Lunge.

Symmetra 3.0 isn’t a “rework”,it’s a completely new hero.

1 Like

There’s only one auto aim character?
And they are fixing her?

The only thing she is losing is her shield generator. Everything else is just a modified version. I am sorry, but it is no where near a completely new hero.

Also, the last 2 reworks Blizzard has done have been a mess and OP. I’m wondering how broken Sanjay is going to be, and for how long?

She’s losing her ability to defend herself,i.e. Photon Barrier that isn’t a 5000HP ultimate. She will only have 3 turrets instead of 6. Her primary fire is going to be a ripoff Zarya beam. Her secondary fire will no longer pierce. Her Teleporter will be a lame E ability. Her Shield Gen is getting removed.

If Blizzard could also rework Sombra,LĂșcio and D.Va without changing them this massively,why couldn’t they also do it to Sym the same way?

Edit: And don’t give me the “Her whole design is flawed” bs. By that logic,Ana should be reworked completely cause all the other healers out-do her with less skill

1 Like

Each one of those heroes aside from Mercy and Lucio were tweaked at best, not reworked. Their kits were expanded upon.

Lucio was changed for the worse, but he had an >90% pickrate since launch. Mercy was changed because of complaints outside of Mercy’s playerbase, and now I hate playing her. Who could’ve imagined taking the one endorphin rush that hero provides (mass Rez money shot) would make her even more boring than she already was.

If you at all consider Sombras or Dva s “reworks” to be in the same vein as what’s happening with Sym, then it is you who is gone.

1 Like

She will have longer range, so now she can attack with her team defending her.

Still a barrier

More HP and 1 turret will now almost be the equivalent to 2 turrets.

So what. Still a beam, with more dmg potential now.

Just your opinion, I feel it will be amazing.

Already stated this is the one thing that is being removed.

If people wanted to play a hero with a non-lock beam,the ability to defend themselves and a better ultimate,they would play Zarya.

1 Like

I take issue with these examples. Maybe compare Reinhardt’s Barrier to Winston’s instead? Since one is mobile and the other is not.

Also, Reaper’s teleport should be compared to a movement ability at the very least if you didn’t want your analogy to come off as hyperbolic and pointless. Might as well try and compare Hanzo’s Ult to Bastion’s repairing ability for all it was worth. Maybe compare Reaper’s teleport to Moira’s dash thingy? Or even Sombra’s teleport? Reaper’s teleport is obviously a lot more passive then those two.