Why pve isnt cancelled?

“didnt you know? pve is cancelled was announced some months ago” well no, there is no OFFICIAL announcement from blizzard about pve, what you read were just rumors until there is an official confirmation, an annonymous ex employee is not a real source, and if you believe those rumors then has to be true they had a lot of pve done and ready to launch

anyway, i have no hope for this game, its so done, pve will never happen, story is death, lore is forgotten, blizzard just dont care about it anway, they only want to sell skins, not even new events anymore, game reputation is on the bottom, will never recover, will always be the most disliked game on steam, number of players arent great as far as we know, developers credibility is non existent, so… what blizzard is afraid about? why no news about pve cancellation? they have nothing yet to lose

it took two years for the best game director ever aaron keller aknowledge 6vs6 topic exists and we all know will be only to give a stupid reason why cant come back, so why not stop wasting our time and outright cancel the only reason im interested on this game? hope for 6vs6 coming back and story somehow continues

5 Likes

If you’re only here for PvE, you’re on the wrong game. This has been a PvP game for 8 years.

4 Likes

except overwatch 2 is only about pve, no pve, complete failure, by definition and objectively is a failure, doesnt matter how much you shill about this game, you cant deny is a failure. and 5vs5 sucks

15 Likes

They literally said they were canceling hero missions and the talent system they were working on. They said previously this year that the story missions wouldn’t be continuing either. PvE has been done and over.

7 Likes

You gotta chill man, the moment you go around slinging opinions as if they’re objective facts, you’re going to lose credibility. I understand that a lot of people on this forum agree with you, but at some point even they’re going to turn on you. Especially if you go around calling everyone who genuinely likes 5v5 a “shill.” Present your argument, but don’t stoop to name calling and false accusations.

6 Likes

A shill wouldn’t encourage you to go play another game, which you should. I can deny nonsense posts all I want.

6 Likes

The only PvE we know for sure is cancelled is the Hero Mode. That we’ve gotten 100% confirmation for.

What we don’t have confirmation for are the campaign story missions. Now, you could argue, reasonably I’d say, that because the PvE team at Overwatch was axed, that means they’re not working on new story content. But that assumes that other employees who remain aren’t just picking up the slack, after all, one of the biggest issues Overwatch staff had was that there were ‘too many cooks in the kitchen’.

Until we get 100% confirmed news from Aaron Keller, I’m of the opinion that the story is not cancelled. In much the same way that the 6v6 crusaders are of the opinion that 6v6 will eventually return until they get 100% confirmed news that it is or isn’t.

Because you don’t want them to.

They go against your damage controlling agenda.

This is actually true. And the next PVE mission pack wasn’t due to release until the end of this year, so it isn’t even overdue yet.

I’m on the side of “it probably is cancelled, but we won’t know for sure until the end of the year when nothing happens”.

I don’t expect a “Story mode is cancelled” announcement, even if it is. It just… won’t happen. And that’s how we’ll know. But right now? It’s too soon to be 100% sure.

1 Like

yes but overwatch 2 was promised to be a new pve experience - this is overwatch 2 right? why was this sequel made exactly? overwatch 1 was adding heroes and maps, so it can’t be those things… they removed 1 tank and free cosmetics… so thats two big things removed. What was added?

1 Like

literally the first thing i said is that is not officially cancelled yet, im saying blizzard are cowards for not cancelling the pve officially, aaron keller its so scared becuse review bombing is not fun awww

by definition overwatch 2 is a failure, is not an opinion, overwatch 2 was only about pve, no pve, then failure, is not an opinon

two years to mention 6vs6 again, it would need overwatch 2 to die and him to retire to finally say someday anything about pve

uff you sure give that kid a taste of his medicine

finlly someone who puts attention, the campaign to attack blizzard was big from the press (well deserved attack) but the pve cancelation have no real proof, yet we know is 99.9% a fact is canceled, the last two things we knew about pve came from anonymous sources, EX employees, not even full employees, and a rumor was that missions will take 18 months to be relased (WTFFFFFF 18 MONTHS) so in theory thy are still on shedule

Not the same thing.

The story campaign, like hero mode, was part of the core marketing push for Overwatch 2, and we already got part of it. Aaron or someone else on the Overwatch team owes players an explanation. Has all the PvE been cancelled? Or is it something they’re still working on?

6v6 was never part of Overwatch 2 marketing, it’s just something forumites wouldn’t shut up about so Aaron is finally going to address it sometime in the future.

you missed my point, aaron keller think not opening his liar mouth will save him from backlash and will not ruin his or the game reputation more when is the contrary, being so coward about facing players only makes it worst

But it basically is official through a few different statements you can put it together that it’s been canceled.

My agenda is to counter teenagers with unrestricted internet access. I’m like a chaperone.

1 Like

Funny thing is, Jeff Kaplan spent a good portion of 2020 hinting that Overwatch 2 would use a 6v6 1-3-2 format.

There was basically 0 chance that Overwatch 2 was going to use the 6v6 2-2-2 format. It was already a proven failure by that point.

2 Likes

That sounds creepy, but to be expected from someone with a leftist mindset.

1 Like

The PVE we all were promised was, in fact, officially confirmed to be canned.

They will still drip feed random game modes here and there that are frankensteined from the cancelled PVE though.

1 Like

To cash in on their (pretty much) dead game that used to be very successful.

New monetization model.

Oh you’re one of ‘those’ people.

Okay, we have nothing to talk about.

1 Like