You’ll need to do some reading then.
The “solidified” idea I was referring to is the one I posted in this thread. I refer to it as the “most solidified one” because it was the most-approved choice among the people who participated in The Drawing Board; a Google Document created and shared among about 40 Mercy mains to come up with and discuss ideas to create our ideal Mercy rework. After about a two-month period of adding and criticizing ideas, we brought it down to a vote, and in the basic ability section, this idea was the one that we collectively decided was the best.
To post it here…
"New Basic Ability - Pacify:
- After a .5 second wind-up, Mercy launches a single hitscan attack from her left hand.
- The projectile’s hitbox size resembles that of Symmetra’s secondary fire.
- The projectile deals no damage upon impact with an enemy. Instead, it applies a debuff that reduces the base damage dealt by the target by 33%. 100 damage is reduced to 67 damage before other damage amplifiers/reductions are factored in.
- This debuff lasts for 4 seconds.
- The projectile does not persist once it hits an enemy. It is only able to affect one enemy for each use.
- The projectile is blocked by barriers, Defense Matrix, and Particle Barriers. It can be deflected by Genji’s Deflect ability.
- 10 second cooldown. The cooldown begins after the ability is cast.
- There is a .25 second wind-down time after Pacify is launched.
- During the wind-up and wind-down times, Mercy is not able to use her staff, her pistol, or Resurrect. She may use Guardian Angel, however.
- Does not affect non-player entities and constructs (turrets, Rip-Tire, Supercharger, etc).
This ability came with some concept art:
This ability functions similarly to Ana’s Sleep Dart in its cast, but the projectiles and effects are very different. Because Mercy is supposed to have a low skill floor, the hitscan weapon type and large hitbox make the ability mechanically forgiving. As a result, Pacify’s 33% damage decrease for 4 seconds is less effective than Sleep Dart’s disable for up to 5.5 seconds.
That said, Pacify still has a lot of playmaking potential when mastered. For example, when used on a target that has been Nano-Boosted or Supercharged, the damage increase that Nano-Boost/Supercharger has on that target is completely negated for the next 4 seconds (100 DPS -%33 = 67 DPS + 50% = 100 DPS).
Pacify also drops Widowmaker, Hanzo, and Pharah’s weapon damage below the 2-shot (body shot) range for 200 HP heroes. If used at the right time, it can potentially save an ally’s life."
While I fully support the above ability proposal (which wasn’t my idea, I should note), I personally would like to see a cleanse ability or a form of anti-CC added to Mercy’s kit as a basic ability. We have an abundance of CC in the game right now, and only 3 abilities total (two of which can only be cast on themselves) that can reliably protect against CC. A cleanse or anti-CC would fit Mercy well, and it could provide some relief from some of the abilities that players hate being affected by.
Personally, I would like the cleanse/anti-CC to have either a mechanical skill requirement to it, even if small, or I would like it to require a level of prediction to use it effectively. I don’t want it to be simply a reactive auto-target ability.
Some other ideas I’ve seen thrown around that I could get behind are a single-target burst heal, a fire-and-forget heal over time, a modification to the functionality of Mercy’s beams and pistol (would require pros and cons for each version to prevent one from being better in nearly all situations), and a reduction to the damage taken by an ally. Some of these ideas can be crossed to create hybrids.