Why Mercy Should be Reverted

1. She was easier to balance with mass rez
    She currently has an ult that does everything, so it’s either going to feel super strong or super low-impact and boring, there’s no in between. Adding LoS, dmg reduction instead of invulnerability, cast time, etc. would have all been good solutions to mass rez.

2. She was more fun with mass rez
    While there are always going to be people who disagree, in general, mass rez was more fun because it was engaging and rewarding, things that Valkyrie isn’t. Choosing when to use your ultimate is what separated a good mercy from a bad mercy. With Valk it’s hard to tell the difference

3. Valk has divided the community
    Okay okay so I know that mass rez was controversial, however it wasn’t as bad as Valk is. Mass rez punished poor coordination, teamwork, and ultimate usage, and this made some people think it was OP for “erasing all of their hard work” when in reality they just didn’t play smart. It seems like half of the community wants mass rez back (with tweaks of course) and half doesn’t

4. She doesn’t fit in to a role
    Her heals are too weak to rival those of Ana and Moira, however her heals are too strong to be in class with zen, Lucio, and brig (plus she doesn’t have an off-support ultimate), so where does she fit in? Defined roles make it much easier to form team comps, but who should you pick with Mercy? If you have another main healer to make up for her 50 hp/s then you don’t have a defensive off-support ult. However if you pick an off support with her then your healing levels are low.

5. She was niche
    The higher you went, the less you saw Mercy and the more you saw Ana. Judging from the current community responses, most people are okay with this (as am I) because Ana’s skill ceiling is very high and she takes a good player to have success on her. However, once someone gets good on Ana they can carry games with clutch sleep darts and anti nades. Before invunerability, Mercy was rarely seen, and many Mercy mains are okay with that. We fell in love with the hero for her super fun mobility and amazing ultimate, we didn’t really care that she was slightly undertuned (adding an E ability would have put her in an amazing, balanced position). Not every hero should be meta, and if Mercy is niche we won’t really see much of her which a lot of anti-mercy’s want, and mercy mains are okay with.

6. Hide and Rez was blown out of proportion
    It was a poor strat that wasn’t as effective as tempo rezzes. Mercy’s who used this would have a hard time climbing into higher ranks because of how easy it is to prevent a hide and 5 man Rez. Also, adding LoS with a cast time would completely remove this strat.

This is just my opinion :relaxed:
#bringbackourhero

90 Likes

Yes it is just your opinion. No one liked mass rez other than Mercy mains. Mercy mains just need to accept the fact that she was crazy op must pick and its not fun/balanced. Current version of Mercy can be balanced much more than her previous version. Mercy shouldnt be reverted. She just needs new ability on E and we need to get rid of rez. Only that way she can be balanced.

72 Likes

Reasons to not revert:

Hide n’ Rez.

Edit: Everyone who wants to respond to this should go down a few posts where I explain why it’s bad.

56 Likes

I think the revert group is starting to die down lately. Between Jeff flat out stating there are no plans to revert her, and the delicate balance she has finally reached, I don’t think many still have their hopes up.

Not to try and rain on your parade, I personally didn’t really see anything wrong with the old mercy (until they made her invincible during ult).

9 Likes

I did not like the play mass rez promoted. I’m glad they have chosen not to revert it at this time.

I would prefer another rework that makes mercy go from passive/reactive to assertive/active. A revert to mass rez would not change this.

13 Likes

I quite like Valk and feel the exact opposite about it than you do.

On heroes that I feel I am not impactful or boring, I don’t play them, I choose literally any other hero than the ones I find unimpactful or boring. Instead of forcing changes that would affect everyone, how about initiate a personal change that will only affect you?

10 Likes

We gearing up for another round of mercy spam?

4 Likes

I dont want to play again the hide and seek role, it was rewarding getting those mass rezzes sure, but was more boring than the ult, Valk.
Valk offers a more dynamic gameplay, but it started to be a little less engaging when they removed the 2 rez charges, which gave some decision making to the gameplay and a direct implication to the teamfight.

4 Likes

It felt good getting rezed though and turning the fight in your favor. But it was also annoying having wasted so many ults only for someone to undo all that.

And therefore a revert won’t also have the same effect because?

3 Likes

Getting a 5-rez was hilariously fun, but I really don’t want that kind of gameplay coming back. Having my teammates specifically ask me to hide back while they went on a purposefully suicidal dive-bomb wasn’t fun for me or most of the other people in the game.

6 Likes

since when have you been playing?
she was not a must pick…she was a throw pick.

12 Likes

If the whole community was involved more than 50% wouldn’t want mass rez back.
But, if we assume 50% to be true, why should the people that want mass rez back get what they want over the people that don’t?

3 Likes

You are joking right? I play enough to see that times called having no Mercy on your team literally almost means instant defeat for your team. This is how op she was.

4 Likes

No revert, give her another rework without rez :smiley:

2 Likes

This was true after the Valkyrie rework. Before her rework when she had Resurrect for an ultimate, Mercy was only good immediately prior to the rework after she got Invulnerability and was not a must-pick in that state.

12 Likes

i didn’t ask if you played enough, i asked when you started playing.

and what you’re saying is false. ana was dominant back then.

10 Likes

why are you complaining about Hide n´Rez, when there are DPS who can Hide n`Kill ?

You know if Mercy rezzes players you can lauch an ult to kill them
since they are in small area just drop Reaper there

Also if they are bit scattered, you could have just High Nooned them to death

I had a couple scenarios where my team died after I rezzed them and I got flamed

11 Likes

Just stop already, she’s never coming back it’s been over a year.

6 Likes

Because even if a DPS hides to setup an ult, their ults can still be blocked/stunned/avoided. Mass rez as an ult could not be countered.

Take Reaper for example. If he drops down and uses death blossom, Rein/Brig/Winston/Zarya can sheild teammates. Brig/Doom/McCree can stun, any one else can just run or hide behind a wall.

On top of that, once Reaper presses Q, his ult is gone, so if he does get stunned out of it, it’s he can’t use it again until he charges his next one.

Everything was the opposite with Mass rez. You couldn’t block it or stun her out of it. She flew in, pressed Q, and instantly rezzed 2-5 people. And because she has GA, she can sit back a lot farther than the DPS has to. Even jf you found the Mercy and killed her before she got rez off, she got to use it next fight.

Is mass rez is gonna come back, it’s gonna need to keep the cast time.

But, it’s not coming back, so…

7 Likes