Why Mercy Should be Reverted

I 100% back you on this decision. I use to have a HUGE list of friends on this game. They were ALL mercy players. After the Mass rez removal. That list is TINY now. regardless of whether it was “balance” or not. I am for the revert.

1 Like

its not effective anyway, plus it’s YOUR fault DPS for not killing the mercy during or even before the fight broke out. also YOUR fault if you used every single ult instead of saving one to undo mercy’s actions

Does the ability do some damage too or is simply a debuff?

Very much just your opinion. The ‘we’ in there doesn’t include me and other people who play Mercy as a hero not a self insert. So while you’re allowed to voice your opinions, I am also entitled to disagree with your ‘opinions’.

1 Like

Nice. I really like how it’s always the DPS fault for not ‘just killing’ stuff. Having no idea that killing someone intentionally avoiding death is hard, and that killing a backline isn’t just the DPS’s responsibility but also the tank’s job to open up space to do so. But yeah, of course you wouldn’t care about specifics when its much easier to just think about yourself pressing Q for the false illusion of being impactful the easy way.

Every single Mercy one trick supporting Mass Ress has zero freaking idea how the game actually works; how to make space and how DPS can operate as a result. It’s just ‘stick together so I can heal you’, ‘die so I can ress you’, and ‘just kill, if you fail to do you suck’. Meanwhile becoming a total paperweight when forced on other positions. And then they dare to talk about gamesense. Ironic.

1 Like

I know you disagree with facts – like the devs outright, explicitly saying mass res isn’t coming back-- but it’s time to accept reality: “Mass Res is never coming back. STOP.”

1 Like

I understand and sympathize with that position, however ultimately, if you don’t enjoy a hero’s kit because you don’t feel impactful – even when you are – then stop playing her. Stop with the stupid signatures and movements and actually talk about constructive ideas on how to fix the heroes in a way the devs would agree with thus being viable.

Also, the mercy community is constantly shooting themselves in the foot by how they interact with others in the community – especially their persistent “this buff sucks” IMMEDIATELY whenever a balance change buff is introduced. That’s why Blizzard made that mercy parody video and Papa Jeff said, in a word, the mercy community is very “passionate.”

It’s really hard to take mercy mains seriously when they go out of their way to make their entire community look bad. Have you ever read /r/mercymains? That’s the quintessential example of why it’s difficult to take any mercy complaints seriously.

1 Like

Which is completely irrelevant. Also, I can’t for the life of me understand why Mercy would not be appreciated by her team mates, unless the person playing Mercy was garbage, but that has nothing to do with either the hero, or its design.

Erm, no? You fighting an enemy does not have to be fun. In fact, it’s almost guaranteed to not be fun.

The problem with this statement, is that this has little to do with the problem Mercy had, which is that people didn’t like having to think ahead and strategize in a team-based shooter.

McCree with 200 headshot damage would be stupidly OP (just like Mercy 2.0). Whereas Mass Rez was never OP, and never made Mercy any better than D-tier. This is a pretty bad comparison.

Again, this is irrelevant.

No.

1 Like

I’m not a Mercy main and I liked Mass Rez far more than what we’ve got now.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say so…
(R.I.P. Moira Eating Popcorn)

Nope. these brig nerfs got the forums in full on meltdown mode.

Oh, riiight… These
(Moira shall live on!)

Mercy is fine. Its just stupid to 1 trick her now

Valk would be a waaay better e ability

2 Likes

You are right, she should be reverted! They said her ult was ‘‘too op’’ so they reworked her but if you think about it, mercy’s old ult took some time to get and the max players you could res was 5, but now you can res 5 heroes in 2.5 minutes with her new res. It just doesn’t make sense and she should be reverted

1 Like

Again, you’re talking about the after-effects of the ult and not the ult itself. The fact that an ult could not be stopped, blocked, CCed, countered, etc. was bad practice.

Mercy was picked and regularly played in Masters, Grandmasters, and throughout the World Cup (including the finals), even prior to the lastest buff patch. She globally has a higher winrate than several other heroes, again, prior to the latest buffs.

I really wish we could filter out all the trash posts on the forums.

1 Like

Theres no reason for mass rez to be brought back into the game outside of appeasing those that found mass rez as their sole source of fun in this game.

It’s gone. That’s a good thing imo. Now just to balance Mercy out as best as possible.

1 Like

Pacify? It’s just a debuff.

This is ironic.

We literally have 4 DPS heroes who are designed specifically to operate without that space.

You say we don’t know how the game works… but you somehow miss the fact that flankers exist.

Would you elaborate on those claims? Because anyone can oversimplify a hero’s kit to make them seem easy to play.

How to play Soldier:76:

• Shoot at the enemy.
  • Occasionally throw down a Biotic Field to heal.
  • Try not to die.

Following those three steps, you can play Soldier:76. Whether you could play them well is a different story. You don’t seem to understand that. Could it be because you have…

1 Like