Why Mercy Should be Reverted

Mass Res is never coming back. STOP.

1 Like

Here is one against:
Jeff said no.

When Moira was introduced pretty much the entirety of the Old Overwatch crews relation to Mercy was rewritten. it was actually pretty interesting. Like it used to be very heavily implied that Mercy had something to do with Reyes turning into Reaper and that was why he wants to kill what’s left of overwatch.

Point 3 contradicts itself. Some people want her current ult, some want her old one, so we should have her old one? Also point 2 is completely subjective.

Fake

She was unfun and boring to play for everyone, also unhealthy in terms of e-sport.

Fake 100%

Wrong in so many ways seriously. Ask your whole team to go afk and die on point or getting asked to hide the whole match wasn’t fun, it was completely unhealthy for the game even more for the e-sport.

Fake and wrong

Her kit is the easiest one in the entire OW cast, she is balanced now and no longer a must pick in every single tier/comp. She can do stuff that other healers cannot.

False, stop lying and trying to brainwatch this forum

She was a must pick 100% across every single tier/comp when invulnerability arrived in fact she since beta was a nightmare to deal because mass ress.

False

It was the only viable option for her overtuned kit.

#yourheroisbalanceddealwithitorunistall.

2 Likes

Woah. This is totally not true. She wasn’t.

And trust, I like Mercy how she is now. But she totally wasn’t a must-pick prior to her revert. I played since beta. This is just…not true at all, dude.

3 Likes

Mercy design was cancer since beta, most powerful auto-pilot character I mean ;

-0 CD management just spam shift every 1.5 seconds while holding m1

• Most powerful ultimate in the game with no cast/lost just shift+Q and win the match
    -hold m1 forever
    -just hold m1 forever and get carried to top 500.
    -most boring character to watch/learn

That’s the whole reason why devs reworked Mercy they wanted to give her more " woah look that moth flying around! " feeling.

And certainly those 14-15 nerfs after 2.0 all of them are well deserved.

1 Like

…Okay?

That does not change the fact that you spread false information about her being mustpick since beta. She 100% factually was not.

I don’t care what your reasons are for hating Mercy. As I said before, I like Mercy as she is now. So you don’t need to justify why her previous playstyle was not fun - I like where she is at now. :man_shrugging:

I just don’t like spreading false information the way that you are, let alone when you accused someone else of doing the same…that’s not fair.

1 Like

I like how you point out that the OP is expressing their opinion as a way of making your own subsequent posting of your own completely subjective opinion somehow seem more authoritative and factual.

did I say like? I meant hate. I hate what you did here.

1 Like

Why? Even though the devs explicitly said they’re not reverting mercy and mass rez is never coming back, muh feelings are hurt that I’m not the most important hero in the match anymore with a game breaking ULT. Mercy will totally be reverted because my feelings!!!
/s

2 Likes

You do realize above plat she almost never saw any play?

wait are we still talking about Mercy here?

Edit: if you were still talking about Mercy, I just looked it up and OMG you’re right! Once you hit Plat she just…disappears from the roster. I didn’t know that, the last states I checked still had her up around 5th most picked for higher elems.

https: //www .overbuff .com /heroes /
like for those interested, removed spaces because forums won’t let me post links.

2 Likes

YES PLEASE, everyone reads that!!!

It’s time to go over it really… And stop saying “mass rez was better/funnier/more impactfull” it was a mess everyone hate that, it was simply jsut OP and frustrating!!

As a big Mcree lvoer i also miss these days when he could one clip a Rein and kill him and was totally OP but i will NEVER complain and cry for revert, because it was OP that’s all.

This all Mercy discussion lost all means anyway, no more logic involved, people lost their memories, sometimes feel like they NEVER played Mercy 1.0…

1 Like

Above plat, yeah maybe, but most of the players base is Plat and Below, remember that… I was just in the average plat back in the days, that hide nd rez was real, trust me. Hated that. Couldnt play without Mercy either. Long story short, she was OP. Still people forgot about it it seems.

My general feel of having a mercy in my game back than was oh boy here comes the loss and mostly i was right. So i really do not get why people want a revert. Putting it harshly say you are the mercy main and you get your old mercy back and you are on my team it is close to throwing a game thats how bad she was i really am baffled that this movement still exists.

No.

Mercy should never be reverted to mass rez, was a poorly thought mechanic that in my experience led to massive toxicity.

No one micromanages my Valk and free flying is super fun and it feels very impactful so I highly prefer Valk to Mass Rez.

Signed a mercy main who never liked mass rez!!

3 Likes

So this was pointed out to me on another forum post and I actually think it might apply here, and I can agree with it.

“What Mercy mains are really asking for isn’t an OP hero, or anything like that. They just want a hero they can feel like they’re actually impacting the game with, and there in lies the problem with balancing a pure support character like Mercy. It’s hard to make a character like that feel impactful without making them seem completely OP to others.”

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

You know what, that completely went over my head until now. Interesting!

I mean, I guess it could still work if reaper is maybe unjustly pinning the blame on her, but yeah its pretty obvious they tried to do a big 180 there.

I was in silver/gold back then, and I only saw it sometimes.

But yeah, we are mainly making the point that it wasnt super powerful and that if it was being used it usually was one of those ‘learning curve’ tactics that phased out the better you got.

The funny thing is the voice line that implies that is still in the game, despite the rewrite that was supposed to suggest Moira changed Reyes. So a common fan theory now is that Mercy still did something; maybe entirely unintentionally maybe not; that lead to Reyes becoming so unstable, and when she tried to fix it Reyes didn’t trust her enough to anymore so he ended up recruiting Moira to do so, which could explain the tension between Mercy and Moira as well, because I don’t think Moira would have taken too kindly to being called on if only to fix another persons mistake.

1 Like