Why Mercy players are very unsatisfied with her current state

They also said that they are satisfied with the current Mercy and think she doesn’t need a rework/revert anymore.

Did they handled her rework good?
No.
But is she unbalanced and unviable atm?
Also no.

But I do think she could benefit from a few very small numeric changes, but that’s it.

A vote system for a rework or for balance changes will never happen.

Her core kit stayed the same, despite receiving numeric changes, and she only got a new ability and a new ultimate with the rework. Her playstyle is still the same as pre-rework with a few additions.

Symmetra on the other hand…

3 Likes

yes they are utility, but they are are unconventional utility. she has to stop healing for them. and they are more useful out of combat but lets be honest, everyone would rather have team fight impact than out of combat. and im not saying they aren’t impactful in combat, im just saying you shouldn’t feel pressured to use helpful utility in fear of your team dying

She’s received two significant buffs in the last few months and an undocumented boost with the removal of slowdown on rez during Valkyrie. Doesnt seem like bad treatment at all, imo.

Also, no…not everyone wants changes to Mercy to make everyone happy. Some of the more vocal folks want a revert, nothing more, nothing less. Some want changes that appeal to them regardless of what others want

2 Likes

More like one of the most impactful things in the game, the only counter to ult spam, replaced with a self CC that is completely dependent on the enemy team ignoring you.

Mercy has utility though. Utility that augments damage, selectively boosting her teams unt economy at the same time-

And when the best doesn’t happen, and a team mate dies

She can undo that too.

She’s got great utility.

4 Likes

He was replying to a different Mercy main who was asking uf Mercy could be tweaked to be more fun. I remember him also stating the dev team considered Mercy to be pretty balanced from a bit before that, but i can’t find it.

I’m just saying, they read you guys’ posts.

True, but at the same time, if you (not necessarily you, OP) need mass rez to love Mercy, well thats jusy not going to happen.

1 Like

please don’t refer to the Valk and Valk healing changes as buffs, they weren’t, they didn’t go past her original Valk state.
and yeah the slowdown on Rez was nice, but it doesn’t change the core problems with it

I’m never pressured

The faster you get your rez off the faster you can go back to healing

The faster you can turn the tide of the fight back in your favor the faster you can win

Likewise the more damage your team does the less healing they need

Her utility is critical during the middle of a fight and if all you can do is be focused on people’s HP and not getting allies back up or damage boosting key targets that’s just simply an issue with your playstyle not the hero

Eh

3 Likes

Call me crazy

But I’m ok with that.

If a team makes the decision to dedicate a large portion of their ults to ensure they win a fight

They should win it.

I don’t think a single kit should “undo” that achieved outcome- and feel the entire concept of one being able to is the literal definition of unbalanced.

The “cost” of “ult spam”, is the loss of ults. You just forfeited a huge chunk of your power for a single push.

4 Likes

I’d be interested in reading about this, as I haven’t heard such statements myself. Do you have a link, by chance?

They haven’t to the best of my knowledge done so. One wonders why they haven’t if they are truly searching for ideas on Mercy changes…which btw are available in bulk quantity on these forums

3 Likes

wdym the faster you can get your Rez off?
and, again, I am fully aware of her impact in team fights, im just saying that her utility just isn’t as impactful because she has to choose
it puts too much pressure on mercy with very little payoff

You’re crazy. This is part of why Gravdragon/Double Sniper were a thing, because nothing can stop teams from just throwing all of their ultimates at once.

One kit might not be the right answer to counter four ultimates, but when you consider there’s only ever been 3 defensive ultimates in the game at a time and 19 that can directly lead to a won fight by themselves, it doesn’t look nearly as good.

2 Likes

I find it odd that the significant buffs she received fairly recently are not mentioned here at all…but I will say that the nerfs got her in no small part to her current excellent state, so I can say without blushing that these ultimately were good for thus character

1 Like

You mean by being actually balanced now?

2 Likes

But how many of those 19 can be directly or indirectly responded to by base abilities and don’t require “ultimates” to respond to them?

1 Like

ult spam needs to be punished tho. ultspam becomes very problematic for the defending team because there are so little truly defensive ultimates in the game currently and offensive ults played defensively don’t have nearly as much impact

Rezzing someone as soon as they die should be top priority if possible so they can contribute more to the fight

unless it’s like some duel or whatever the 87.5 healing you lose out on stopping to rez isn’t going to make or break anything

She doesn’t have to choose

You can freely swap between both beams at any point in time at any second

Damage boost important targets or when a kill is desperately needed, heal otherwise

Winning the fight is never little payoff

3 Likes

they weren’t significant buffs. she had her healing reverted in Valk

1 Like

Why? Who says?

The “punish” is the risk involved.

If you devote a lot of ults and dont make solid ground- you’re down a lot of ults.

Or if you blow them all- and make a push, but then get stopped multiple times in a row because the enemies are chaining their ults when they regroup to win consecutive team fights?

That’s punishment.

3 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t know but Double Sniper meta doesn’t sound like it was meta due to it’s ult spam

1 Like