Why mercy mains are so toxic?

Let’s address your points one by one then:

Provided you with my explanation of what a hive-mind is. You didn’t address it. You were provided with information that a Discord among Mercy Mains exists - therefore your statement is objectively wrong.

Objectively wrong. Never spoke about all Mercy players, spoke about specific sub-group.

Factually wrong statement.

Provided you with evidence of said sub-group.

Provided you with evidence again.

Provided evidence.

Doesn’t contradict anything I said.

False analogy and a strawman argument. You wanted proof, now this proof is no longer relevant because my position is that of a victim and therefore automatically invalid. What kind of circular logic is that?

Nice try but you are not really saying anything and just dancing around. Lots of words but not saying anything with substance.

If you’re truly an expert, then it should be easy to explain how it’s not confirmation bias. But you’ll quickly notice there’s no explanation, no substance of arguments in any of these lines:

(No explanation needed apparently.)

(No explanation needed apparently.)

If I reply in the same manner as you, there’s never going to be progress in the debate. It’s just going to be people saying a statement, then the other person “no” and then making another statement.

Edit: Your above post continued this tendency to the fullest.

1 Like

It’s a good thing I’m not making or trying to make an argument, then. Lol

Then what is the purpose of your replies?

The discord server isn’t like that. It’s just a place for us to chat In, a lot of the discussion is just balance ideas or generally talking about Overwatch and other games.

I don’t recall anyone ever discussing your rank in the server, so sorry someone said that to you.

1 Like

Interesting; I was told I was notorious there. I’m almost disappointed

What explanation do you need? I never said that I think all Mercy players are anything. This is literally a false allegation.

It is a strawman if you try to put words in my mouth I never said. You defeated an argument that was never the original argument, nor my argument. This is textbook definition of a strawman.

Ignored the rest of my points conveniently.

James how could you…You have disrupted our hive mind…also check pics when you get back. Theres a gif someone made. It’s pretty good

1 Like

Not at all. There’s mods in the server to prevent witch hunting and such.

Then it’s a shame that someone is giving your server that sort of reputation, I suppose

Ya’ll: “Mercy mains are so toxic they spam flag my posts!!! :persevere::persevere:
Also ya’ll: Spam flagging the mercy megathread so it’s continually closed and eventually unpinned.

I’m one of those mods, should you ever feel that someone you believe to belong to the discord is treating you badly I will make sure to talk to them about it. We do not condone harassment of any kind.

1 Like

The thread is bugged; it’ll perma lock just like a couple of lgbt threads have. People aren’t necessarily still flagging it. But yeah, it takes quite a few to get to that point. I hear that flags from the threads that were merged into it carried to the megathread, but idk

When you use terminology such as “they,” “people” and throw accusations towards these people, then you are boxing players together. If you wanna say “but that’s a straw-man,” even though I’m replying to your exact text then you’re going to need to explain how I’m replying to something you didn’t say.

Once again, you’re free to explain what relevance they held. This however, is starting to turn into arguing semantics.

1 Like

Bunny will be sure to send them angry bunny gifs as well :rage:

1 Like

Now you are conveniently obfuscating my terminology on purpose. I’m very careful with what I say - I never said all Mercy players, I said a specific sub-group of Mercy players. The “People” is also a specific set of people and I provided a qualifier for that as well and context.

I’ve never said that. You put an argument that I have never made in my mouth. And then proceeded to defeat this argument. That’s classic strawman.

I already explained the relevance. We are not arguing semantics - you chose to ignore the majority of my points and you put forth and defeat an argument that was never mine nor I have claimed - which is a classic case of as strawman.

I’ve literally quoted the text passages, repeated your words from it and you still call it a straw man without explaining why. We’re done, bub.

2 Likes

What explanation do you need?

Clearly wrong as evidenced by other posts in this thread, there is a discord for Mercy forum posters.

I’ve never claimed nor had issue with Mercy mains. My issue is with a specific sub-group of Mercy mains. I’m a also a Mercy player so I cannot scapegoat myself.

Provided you with evidence of people actively harassing me.

I provide clear and definitive answer who is “they” and “people”. I provided evidence to support the accusation.

Nice try mate :grinning:

Is Ginger part of your Discord Mercy server?

It’s nice knowing I can live in your head rent free.

3 Likes