Literal Bias Towards Mercy. (PLEASE READ)

That’s a very touchy topic.

The character is balanced statistically ONLY when the perfect winrate is with the perfect pick-rate.

To which ana’s pickrate sucked up until now, Symm and Torb have like 60% winrates but 0.49% pickrates, doesnt make them OP.

Anything from 2.8-5% is a good pickrate and anything from 49-51% is a good winrate.

Mercy has had a pickrate of 7-9% for a while…

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re talking about Titanium saying he has his own discord… More than half of the people on said discord are inactive forum users. :confused:

2 Likes

anyway, found the vid, here’s a time stamp, mercy HIDING in the freaking main entrance, pro awareness yall, gg

also, a screenshot for your convenience, you’re welcome.
“hiding”
[remove spaces pls ty]

https: //imgur. com/a/kWiLCdy

Then you outright admit that this assertion is inconsistent:

And now you need to articulate why it is inconsistent in this manner, and why that inconsistency is allowed.

Or is it just convenience for your arguments? “These rules apply, except when I don’t want them to”?

2 Likes

Did you really just write an essay over some random persons comment on twitter?

… just reply to them on twitter

1 Like

You don’t have anything mate. Hide&Mass Rez was a thing, provided you with plenty of evidence. The SR abuse is well documented. What have you got? :rofl:

Evidence please.

This is very well documented, sorry.

Personal attacks, ooohkay.

:rofl: Clearly you have no clue about how corporations work and how they need to phrase their statements.

Already addressed that.

Because it is PR…

Which means they support and standby the claim mass rez was a bad and unhealthy mechanic.

Fun and balance are two separate statements.

Not the case mate, been through this already.

We are talking about them, haven’t you been paying attention? :rofl:

Uh-lala, my reputation precedes me. You conveniently miss out that in my humorous thread I also requested for the megathread to be given back, something we both agree on. Makes sense, no?

:rofl: No, not because they have a discord group.

I don’t have an issue with them communicating off the forums. I’m making an observation that they do, which means that they can hive-mind the forums. Something that they denied for a long time until it was revealed :rofl:

They ignore it anyway and rightfully so. In the mean time, you continue to spam and that spam impacts negatively everyone else.

Here you go:

“Hahahahahahahah. A real life threat? It was a joke about his comment:”

“LMAO, a real life threat, ahhahaahhaahha. Hence my comment that it’s nice to know his permanent address. I’m not referring to his real life address :rofl: I’m literally in tears. The character assassination is just beyond me. You are literally proving everything I’m saying right in front of everyone’s eyes.”

This little stunt got me silenced until a moderator looked at the evidence and repealed the silence and proved me innocent.

Don’t think it has any issues, more importantly it proves a point. And that point is that it’s not anecdotal evidence but multiple people experienced harassment from the very same group.

I guess all the other people that up-voted it just did it randomly.

Hey you do it all the time, just simply going with your tactics. :rofl: The devs have more data that anyone period, and I would trust them over a Mercy one-trick any day.

Not surprised, the thread got falsely reported and a moderator had to step in. Your sub-group has an amazing track record of false reporting people.

Again, nice tactic to plug a sentence out and bring it without context. You guys literally do this silly tactic all the time. :rofl:

The original poster was comparing tanks to supports. You cannot compare a tank to support, it’s literally two entirely different roles. Nice try but context matters. The poster literally did the same silly thing you do - it compared Ana and Mercy to the interaction between Pharah and Junkrat. Which is basically flat out wrong, you have yet to refute my very original comment in this thread, an argument I have presented to you multiple times and you conveniently forget or pluck sentences out of context so you can “defeat” an argument I never make. :rofl:

post proof, also, watch the vid i linked, have a nice day~!

1 Like

Here you go :kissing_heart:

edit: my bad, the quoting format on this forum is atrocious, gimme a min. to reply, in the meantime, go watch that seagull video, have fun!

spoiler alert: another hiding spot is in the main choke on Lijiang, shocking, right? i always heard hiding in plain sight was good, never bothered to try so myself…might have gotten to GM instead of just plat back when Mercy still had mass res :frowning:

edit 2: one of the comments says “so that after they blow everything on your allies,” like, that’s literally the enemy teams fault for blowing everything WITHOUT GETTING THE MAIN HEALER OUT OF THE WAY.

this one tho, i gotta agree, what the everliving heck was this…both this mercy and that genji that couldn’t blade her like…i don’t even wanna watch this, disgusting. i did however go to that person’s channel and, while i might be wrong, seems they swapped to playing other heroes when they ranked up…suspicious… [also, montages are bad examples of anything, like, anyone can look godlike or w/e in montages, seriously, come on now]

anyway, most of these are just speculation, there is literally no proof of people using it “90% of the time”, there’s is just a few comments here and there and few montages that prove what exactly? 20 people hiding in 20 matches? compelling …

i still do agree that instant cast AND invincibilty were an overkill that made people frustrated but, they could have just given her dmg reduction or something and made it so that you could CC her out of res…

either way, Valk was a miss…

2 Likes

That’s a bad mentality there, each hero should have strengths and weaknesses. To say that one should be a universally superior choice is not only short sighted, its dangerous.

6 Likes

Sure thing amigo. I’ve already watched the Seagull video, it’s even referenced in the post I gave you. :smiley:

Why?

Also one is not universally superior when one has mechanical skill as a variable.

aside from you being obnoxious, are you also gonna ignore the fact that i screenshotted AND marked in red the Mercy in the doorway, just as Seagull is crying how she’s hiding, i quote “in their spawn”? do you want me to zoom it in?

1 Like

A universally superior choice limits choices. Which inherently stagnates the game, no one really cares now as Ana is new, but imagine if Ana was required in any pro scene ever? Than imagine that for the high skill dps, Tracer/Widow maker, than imagine that for the high skill tanks. Now you have a game that has stagnated and is no longer evolving. Not only is it boring to play, its boring to watch.

5 Likes

you mean, like how people got bored with dive? x) cause it rly sounds like that lol

2 Likes

Except she is not universally superior choice because mechanical skill is a variable. So your entire argument falls apart.

Ana was required in the pro scene for a few seasons when Mercy wasn’t OP. I guess you missed a few metas man. :rofl:

i remember when vale made a topic complaining the first time valk got nerfed on ptr, claiming she was unviable and all

having the #1 ranked mercy doesn’t mean that someone can’t have a questionable opinion

2 Likes

i also remember when people cried how original valk was a nerf from mass res and look how that turned out lol … got downvoted to hell on the old forums for saying it was a huge buff…good times …

So she is only required at high skill ceiling, so she is only a cancerous hero for those that play at masters level and above and those that watch OWL? That’s I can’t even, how do you rationalize that as being ok? You do know that implies that there will never EVER be another hero to take her spot for the rest of Overwatches entire existence yes? That just screams boring.

3 Likes

What? Why is Ana cancerous?

What? :rofl: I’m sorry but you literally make no sense whatsoever.

You provided me with a reddit link. Try again with this “evidence”.

Since you like reddit posts, here’s a post with 94% upvotes speaking of the terrible SR all supports (including Mercy) used to get. Note that the OP says that Mercy was getting the most screwed of all of them.

https:// www.reddit .com/r/Overwatch/comments/655ote/flawed_sr_system_for_supports/?st=J1HAHXWA&sh=aaba257e

No it isn’t. Sorry.

Oh please. Like you aren’t just petty with your smiley spam.

You didn’t answer the question. Who are they being “PR” for, if everyone agrees with them?

3 Likes