Why is Genji Getting Nerfed?

Right, but when, and with how much pre-planning is the question.

Like are these gonna be some heavily playtested changes, or just LEEROY JENKINS YEET changes.

1 Like

We both know the answer to this question.

Also, the fact that Rein doesn’t have a “LEEROY JENKINS” line is a travesty

I think they will preplan it, and then YEET it.

Well, “interesting times”…

1 Like

that literally says nothing about support queues.

what i says is they wanted to bring genji’s dmg down to current flanker level, not “protect supports from the bad bad flankers”.

because they know that the support queue is empty because of something else. on top of that you are more likely to run into a torb+junkrat in silver and gold then you are a full dive comp.

people take two separate things and put them together to try and prove a point. but support queues is its own problem, and genji’s burst being too high is another problem.

anyone that thinks genji is single handedly killing support queue’s is high on something. because that wouldnt explain why theres a lack of supports in top 500.

yet we know exactly why from the words of ML7 himself. (unrewarding and stressful. aka non fun)

Probably right after they give him a WoW Classic Tank Skin.

“This has proven to be too deadly for a flanker with easy access to the enemy backlines”

Which heroes are they talking about the flanker have access to?

Where they name them directly.

Again, support taking Moira because of Genji…

Yeah, support problems then manifest themselves in supports not being played as much, which shows up as queues.

Or in this case, the MASSIVE shift in the fill queue being only support now.

You know what sucks about seeing this stuff way ahead of time.

Before it happens, everybody says “Never gonna happen, absolutely not”.

And then afterwards it’s like “Well yeah, that was obvious, everybody knew that”.

2 Likes

Nope, not single handedly, he’s probably only about 30 percent of the problem.

They are gonna be looking at every hero that counters Supports. Flankers, Moira, Dive Tanks.

And heck, even Ramattra is gonna be like a hybrid Dive Tank.

And then after that they are going to scale Supports part power levels up, in whatever they view as the path of least resistance from the rest of the community.

2 Likes

People are taking Moira regardless tho cause Moira is a top 2 supp. Damage, range, self-sustain, good healing and ult and her mega mobility. She might even be the bst right now. Kiriko 2nd since she also has very good mobility, a very good ult and the invincibility grenade

Because blizz has always catered their game towards the support players, the people that expect to never die/only die to ultimates or headshots from hitscan heroes (they deem this as “skilled”). Thats why in OW1 you could pick bap/zen and sit behind ur tanks and healbot and deal damage for free, because flanking heroes got nerfed to the point where you have to be a god (tracer) or you are straight up useless (genji, doom)

Genji is good for one patch and people cant fathom that they die to him when he hits 3 shurikens in their small hitbox, but when the widow from across the map headshots them its fair play because her aim is so good and she stands still and stuff.

Nanoblade is a problem and every Genji player agrees, but lets remove his whole neutral game again so he can go back to being the nanoblade bot. The fun playstyle that involves fun for everyone, because Genji is not going to harm anyone in the 2 minutes that Ana and Genji have to charge their ultimates.

1 Like

I would say the RMB spam was too effective. Basically they are nerfing those numbers.
As for the rest, since he will still have the SS reset, same ult damage and swings, should be fine.

Moira is good but only as a “Fine I’ll do it myself” pick for when your teammates don’t peel for you. Actual meta wise Kiriko and Lucio are undoubtedly the best picks.

1 Like

Could well be the case. But the feedback Blizzard is hearing is that it is because of Genji.

Why the playerbase does something, why they say they are doing something, and why Blizzard thinks they are doing a thing can be different things.

Blizzard will balance on the third.

I personally think she is strong as a flanker in her own right in OW2, and that in part is driving her pick rates.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a good take. Moira is a do-it-all character since she’s able to do everything to certain satisfactory degree

Cause we need support players and he’s a good scapegoat

Becouse lower elo people cant play the game correctly

1 Like

The funniest moment is that bli$$ard could nerf him 100500 times already, but they need to sell their epic scrappy skin for gayji :clown_face:

1 Like

Genji is the only flanker that got nerfed in OW2?

if i were to nerf genji, i think slowing down his fire rate because MB2 spam is kinda busted. see how that goes and if i had to further nerf, 30 shurikens? really?

sombra prob falls in that catergory. the infinite hack thing is kinda busted.

idk if they ever fixed her hack not working sometimes when shes invis though.