Why is Genji Getting Nerfed?

Becouse lower elo people cant play the game correctly

1 Like

The funniest moment is that bli$$ard could nerf him 100500 times already, but they need to sell their epic scrappy skin for gayji :clown_face:

1 Like

Genji is the only flanker that got nerfed in OW2?

if i were to nerf genji, i think slowing down his fire rate because MB2 spam is kinda busted. see how that goes and if i had to further nerf, 30 shurikens? really?

sombra prob falls in that catergory. the infinite hack thing is kinda busted.

idk if they ever fixed her hack not working sometimes when shes invis though.

Tracer is also up there even after her pre launch nerfs

That would work. I never even considered it, but that would work really well.

I think it is weird how people imply that it is stopping them doing things all the time, rather than just ā€œgive her damage almost as good as Tracerā€

But I agree she needed nerfs, even though I was enjoying being able to cut loose with her :slight_smile:

Soā€¦ like every other hero has to deal with this and is nto exclusive to Genji. Genjis power lies more that he can pick a target and finish it off fairly reliable with his burst damage.

1. Moira, is the same for every other chars, Moira bypasses everything except barriers with her grasp.
  2. Again, counts for everyone, Kiriko can teleport in a fight with every hero, not just Genji, same goes for the protection.
  3. Same again. That is not a ā€œAlone Genjiā€ problem, just one that every hero shares, with the exception of Widowmaker, Sojourn and Hanzo, who can one-shot more reliable than everyone else.
  4. Same againā€¦
  5. Sameā€¦ again? Dude, you think this stuff only counters Genji?! It does it for ALL heroes across the board.
  6. What Winston do in the backline of his own team?! What the heck.

Short answer is: Genji faces the same counters as many other heroes, if you struggle with those, you will struggle with all other heroes as well, maybe with the exception of Sojourn who is just absurdly busted, but that is another topic entirely.

1 Like

thats 10 shot so ash has more shots then genji

that all flankers strength Genji is not even the best at doing that I would argue sojourn and reaper can do his job just as good to better depending on the skill of the player and tracer is just slightly worse the nerf to Genji is a bit heavy-handed they are taking away the equivalent of 2 bullets from Cassidy or reaper loosing 2 and a half of his shotguns

Being slower or more effort-requiring to kill for Genji is not a counter. Itā€™s not even a soft counter. Pharah takes more effort for Genji to kill, but it takes more effort for a Pharah to kill a Genji. Itā€™s best for them to just ignore each other and let someone else deal with each other. Ball is a pain for Genji to kill, but the Genji can also just ignore Ball. The only characters who truly hard counter him are beam characters, CCs that ignore his deflect like Orisa and Sigma and his soft counters are the turrets. Thatā€™s 6 characters at most, 7 if you want to count Junkratā€™s CC ignoring deflect, in the entire roster who can counter him, two of which are precision based which Genji is designed to avoid. Even Doom who ignores Genjiā€™s deflect and can chase him cannot out-maneuver or out-damage a Genji.

HAHAHHAHHAH
FUNNEE JOK

1 Like

Mangā€¦

What are you smoking?

Iā€™m surprised it took so long. Of all the flanked characters, Genji was the only one who didnā€™t get any kind of tuning down for OW2.

Youā€™ll also see a lot of Genji there too lol.

Blizzard literally said heā€™s overperforming at every rank. If thatā€™s not reason to nerf him, idk what is.

the problem with looking at it that way then a lot of heroes should be nerfed because i see a lot of tracers and reapers and wait till next season reaper will be nerfed because heā€™s going to take Genjiā€™s spot and why is sojourn not nerfed shes in almost every top 500 players thatā€™s not a one-trick

Iā€™m not one for the ā€œt-500 = must nerfā€ argument, but I was pointing out the hypocrisy in saying, ā€œThe top 500 leaderboards prove Sojourn is a problem!ā€ on a post that is also arguing Genji isnā€™t one.

Imagine if

Reaper could get TP/WR reset for EVERY assist/kill.

1 Like

reaper gets health from damage thatā€™s 70 hp a kill on squishes. that what you get and I would argue its a bit better to get health than a dash you can still kill someone in

and sorry for your nerf coming down the pipe line because of owl

Youā€™re not hitting all 3 shurikens in the head all the time. So thatā€™s not going to happen maybe 1-100 kills you get.