Why is Genji Getting Nerfed?

I am sure that many people share my thought. Why is Genji getting nerfed?
He is already super tough to play. He is countered by nearly half of the heroes in the game, and it is extremely difficult to consistently carry as a Genji unless you are way above the elo you’re playing in. So why is he getting nerfed?
I would like to see the people complaining that he is too op climb to diamond just playing him. 90% will not be able to do it, and most of them will give up quickly because of how difficult it is to play him and how easily he can get countered.

7 Likes

eh, while he is no sojourn, he is a bit too much imo

if it wasnt sojourn, it would be him

25 Likes

There is so much wrong in your post I dont even know where to start.

51 Likes

This post is so incredibly wrong that I don’t know where to begin, so I won’t.

What I will say is that just because a character can’t “carry a team” doesn’t mean they’re not overtuned.

10 Likes

Too much damage. It’s really nice that he can just dash into you and oneshot you :clown_face:

16 Likes

All the heroes who abuse their “you can’t kill me when I abuse my babymode button but I can easily kill you during or after I use it” should be nerfed.

Zarya and her bubbles
Hog with take a breather

Genji deflect is what should be nerfed next.

10 Likes

It’s just trendy to hate him now to be honest, after him people will find another scapegoat again.

5 Likes

Because Queue Times and Matchmaker Quality caused by a lack of Support players,
is more important than what are the Top 3 DPS used by the Top 2% of players, out of a total of 18 DPS heroes.

That said, I mostly don’t like this nerf, because it doesn’t affect lower ELOs even more. They should have done a different nerf that has a bigger impact on lower ELOs.

3 Likes

Because he makes the game hellish to play as a support.

15 Likes

Ana and her nade…:clown_face::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

because with all the CC being removed he essentially has no check counters to help against his flanks. he is a nightmare for supports to deal with atm. him, Sombra, Sojourn, Winston, Zarya & DVa are all overtuned currently.

7 Likes

They don’t know how to nerf nanoblade, so they are just nerfing the whole thing.

4 Likes

They, like everyone else, think it’s funny to watch salty genji players complain.

10 Likes

Because ‘Genji is overperforming in all ranks’ according to Blizzard. That’s why they’re nerfing him.

8 Likes

Hes not getting nerfed, 7% damage reduction doesnt change anything for his noskill oneshots, its only purpose so they could say “but genji was nerfed already” for every time people ask for some reasonable nerfs, like deflect cancel or shuriken cone spread

13 Likes

He’s getting nerfed because he’s overpowered. I don’t really agree with the specific nerfs he’s getting and it’s absurd that he’s getting them before Sojourn…But that’s why.

4 Likes

Unfortunately. (20 characters)

1 Like

Requiring someone to be a certain hero is always a good sign of game balance.

Unless you’re talking about the grenade protecting herself. Even then she is nowhere near as cheap as the others. You’d still sooner kill the Ana before she gets you.

Genji is getting nerfed because people don’t know how to counter/show stop Blade… which will not change, lol.

1 Like

Because they’ve sold all the battle passes they’re going to sell.

Time to push him out of favor to make room for the next BP’s mythic skin.

4 Likes