Why is Ana allowed to be OP?

She has been a must pick for well over 6 months now, highest pick-rate in the entire game and not by a small margin!! Her pick-rate can be double or even close to triple that of the next closest support hero depending on your rank.

We are talking about rework Mercy lvls of pick-rate and no one is blinking an eye.

This is not just isolated to high-ranks either, it is across all levels of play. I wouldn’t say it was a problem if it was only for the last few months but its coming up to a year now of Ana!!

Throughout all the nerfs and buffs, somehow Ana has been completely uneffected and remained the most picked hero in the entire game by a massive margin!

She needs nerfs or a rebalance, I understand that Ana is very volatile hero and even small nerfs can send her to f-tier but she needs something!!

37 Likes

People over use this phrase these days.

56 Likes

I actually feel like it is underused recently, no hero are really a must pick anymore after all the Goat nerfs, except Ana.

Once again her pick-rate has basically been completely uneffected by the last several months of balance changes and has remained the most picked hero in the game by a massive margin.

If Zarya was considered a must-pick during the prime of Goats, then Ana is a must-pick period, regardless of the meta, indicating that she is too strong.

1 Like

A must pick? Ana is definitely good, but never a must pick. That would be pre nerfed mercy.

38 Likes

Because if someone has to have good aim to play the character well, it doesn’t seem as warranted for some reason?

Ex. Mercy + Brig nerfs

1 Like

I feel like you are not understanding what I am saying…

Ana’s pick-rate is very close to pre nerfed Mercy lvls, you should understand how insane that is!

1 Like

Because she takes “skill”

13 Likes

I just don’t see Ana as a must pick. You can definitely win without an Ana on your team

5 Likes

No

And hanzo has the highest pickrate of all dps, your point is? Pickrates mean nothing

Because mercy was BROKEN you call ana a must pick but have you even played moth meta? Mercy was a literal must pick and if your team didn’t have one you lose. Not having an ana doesn’t automatically cost the game

In lower ranks she has one of the lowest winrate of all supports, and her winrate doesn’t spike up until plat

If your gonna use pickrate as an excuse then a lot of heroes need nerfs her winrate does not indicate she needs nerfs

What nerf would YOU give her that doesnt make her f tier

13 Likes

I agree with you. Nerf Ana and Dva they both have high pick rates. Sad how ppl treat Mercy she’s been through enough :sob:

2 Likes

When someone picks Ana in my plat/diamond level games, I know I will be doing the heavy lifting when it comes to healing.

Players pick Ana without knowing how to play her.

6 Likes

If she is being picked as often as pre nerfed Mercy, by what definition is she not a must pick?

I agree that she isn’t even close to the absurdity that was pre nerfed Mercy but she is basically getting picked as much as mercy during moth meta, you should know how insane that is and this has been going on for nearly a year now!

The problem I have with Ana is her grenade is entirely too powerful. It simply does everything.

• Burst healing (100 instant AoE)
  • Burst damage (60 instant AoE)
  • Boosted healing (50% more healing from all sources)
  • Denies 100% enemy healing

Surprised the grenade doesn’t contest objectives before it explodes too.

Edit: added numbers, cause people love numbers.

Seriously though, that ability paired with her unlimited range, scoped hit scan, main healing power… who cares if she doesn’t have extra mobility?

26 Likes

A must pick is a hero that your team absolutely needs in order to win or function

Ana is far from that. As sexysymmetra said earlier

Ana’s a strong healer with good utility but in return she has very exploitable weaknesses anyone can take advantage of

8 Likes

She may be the ideal support to play but this is just flat out wrong.

Mercy and heck, even Moira work well for 99% of the community.

3 Likes

I just find it kinda funny how when Mercy was sitting around 8~10% pickrate in most ranks she was suddenly OP since dive came in but when Ana does the same it’s apparently fine. Double standards as usual.

26 Likes

What time are you describing?

I don’t think Mercy was even used in dive meta from what I’ve read

My issue with Ana is that she received a bunch of buffs over a short period of time without seeing if any one of them aloner would have done the trick.

This is my problem with Blizzard - they don’t gently buff or gently nerf. They either inject something with steroids or they bash it with a hammer until it’s dead. I don’t know why they can’t try a middle ground first and then go from there.

Reaper is a good example. Everyone and their mother said that his lifesteal was too high at 50%. Why couldn’t Blizzard try out 40% first - like dozens of people suggested before it went live? It would have been the same result with less steps.

Another problem with Ana is that she deals way too much damage in quick succession as a support who does such good healing and has such great utility. There has to be a trade-off of some kind.

4 Likes

Maybe a better way of putting it is that her pick-rate is so high that she is equivalent to a must-pick hero.

I do agree that you don’t need an Ana to win a game but her pick-rate is so absurdly high that it is rivaling that of Mercy during moth meta.

I honestly don’t think that is healthy, especially as its coming upto a year of this now. You have to remember this means that Ana has somehow not been effected by all the buffs/nerfs throughout the year and kept the highest pick-rate in the entire game by a massive margin.

3 Likes

When dive started in Season 5 Mercy rose up in mid tiers, in high tiers though even after Ana got nerfed she still managed to be more picked than Mercy weirdly enough even though the meta was against her.