Why I Stopped Loving Multiplayer Games

I meant to add that, literally the next sentence goes on to talk about esports, lol use context clues bro.

maybe you should use them bro
You said no one should get paid to play games…when its probably youtube’s biggest source of videos… Is people playing games

That is the biggest complaint right now with Cygames on the Steam and Reddit. They had to redo the game in order to put the rollback netcode. I feel so bad for everyone having to repurchase the game.

That’s streaming, completely different. I’m talking about esports. Streaming games without caring about balance and other boring crap is cool to me. I don’t watch those type of videos but I still support the idea behind it.

Esports is cancer. It ruins games. Kotick a power hungry idiot for wanting a league.

1 Like

Here I am thinking overwatch is still pretty good. Sure there are some rough bits from the move to 5v5 they are trying to sort out, but it is still ultimately a good game as far as games go.

1 Like

perhaps, but thats the fault of the company, not the players themselves. I mean if you got a good career deal out of playing games, you saying you would pass it up even if you know it wasnt going to last?

1 Like

Ah … people complaining about totally optional things in a luxury product, such as a videogame while of course, blatantly ignoring that its F2P.

Must be wednesday I guess.

PS: Shout out to those out there pretending piracy doesn’t exist and servers/networks are free.

1 Like

It’s still good. I have fun on it and been playing it almost religiously nearly everyday when I’m not away for work.

1 Like

Well yeah, that number is impressive… But how it was in subsequent years?.. Was it the same? more? less?

I do not have any data on it, since that is only up to blizzard to share, but my experience is that people stopped buying loot boxes around 2019/2020 since they already had everything and plenty of credits to buy anything released in the future…

True. I wouldn’t, $50,000 just to play a damn game is a steal. Even the bench warmers get paid well for nothing.

True, which is why I brought up VHS as well.

Hell… I think even L4D2, which isn’t exactly new did it so much better than Overwatch ever has. If I remember correctly, the HUD tells everyone what everyone else is rocking in terms of equipment and health.
If I get nabbed by a special zombie, I don’t even need to make any sort of call out… my in game character will do it and my teammates get wall hacks on me.

Why doesn’t the rest of the team get full wall hacks on a teammate who’s used the comm wheel to call for help? Like seriously… why does that not exist?

and most of them are streamers prior or afterwards. They are simply doing what they gotta do to make it nowadays.

Does basketball, football, soccer, etc count?

1 Like

To be fair, Valve Games, whenever they do them and masterclasses in design.

Overwatch as a whole is basically “Team Fortress in the future”.

I honestly expect that is the case as well, but overwatch wasn’t trying to get new players, and ultimately that is what leads to drops there.

I think overwatch 2 will be more successful but that is because they are extremely focused on keeping people coming though the door.

well…except nowadays, lets be honest. their only success nowadays is the switch but BEEF
Tf2 is nothing more than community made items pushed into the game for everyone. L4d2 is kept relevant on community content, alongside half life

Hmmm… Maybe. But that is a part of the box model… When you need to pay XX$ upfront for the game that you are not sure you will enjoy…

I am not gonna bet my money on that. But I can bet monopoly $ on it (-;

1 Like

Well, just consider that TF2 is over 15 years old, and hasn’t really been developed much for 10 years. And it’s still one of the most popular games on Steam.

That video ticks all the boxes of a cod/halo kid now in their mid 20s.

• I want free unlockables. Intrinsic motivation? What is that?
  • Mmr is bad. I want to dunk on noobs.
  • Openly available metagame discussion is bad. Muh secret knowledge.
  • Nerfs are bad. Evil dev take away my toy.
  • Always states how much he hates sweaty players. Secretly longs for the time he was the only sweat on the server.
2 Likes

Very true. I’m just saying that Overwatch had all the potential in the world to succeed even with being very teamwork dependent. They just never gave the community the tools necessary to make it happen.

I’d almost say that they’ve taken away more tools than they’ve given, since role swapping mid match is impossible. Also LFG is gone… though that never really got the support it needed either.