Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

This can be flipped for sym and torbjorn aswell as others but we all know that isn’t the case.

9 Likes

Oops! Looks like you skipped over important info!

That said, every other support has other abilities as well. :slight_smile:

Then we have no proper information to go off of, and “in my experience” won’t work for your case, either. Since apparently every other Mercy player’s experience is nullified because they differ from yours. :roll_eyes:

Kthxbye

4 Likes

Buddy, hey. We only have about 400 posts left before this thread hits its reply limit and it gets autolocked for hitting the cap. Megs has already taken up several thousand posts on this thread with empty arguments about semantics and a few repeated phrases. Don’t feed him. Please.

8 Likes

I didn’t plan on replying to them beyond that point, don’t worry.
Too bad the forum’s mute feature doesn’t work…

Oh wait, I fixed it :eyes:

3 Likes

With apologies, I am unsure what you are attempting to convey here regarding Torb and Sym.

I do not wish to put words in your mouth, and if you feel that the following is doing so rather than simply requesting clarification, I apologize in advance - but - are you saying that if there is a video of a GM-level player playing Sym and/or Torb in a GM level match, and Sym and/or Torb is shown to be viable in said video, that this does not then prove that Torb and/or Sym are viable for play at the GM level?

Factually, I value personal experience, as I believe that is the only real data we have to go by.

I speak from personal experience in many of my posts

Factually, I have never claimed that any other person’s personal experience in “nullified” by my own

Factually, any post of mine that deals with semantics or repeated arguments is as such because I am replying to a post that addresses these same elements

If for example I am accused of using semantics, I will address the topic of semantics.

In each case, I am not the individual who has decided to make a discussion of semantics (for example) a part of the overall discussion - I am not bringing it up, rather I am being brought into it

You’re…you’re joking right?

You HAVE to be trolling.

Personal Experience is the only REAL data to go by?

Well then;

Mercy should have never gotten a rework, I never experienced needing to find a hiding Mercy. I never had a Mercy say “Die on Point”. I never had a Mercy rush in at the last second and rez everyone and have us loose the match.

Tracer’s Pule Bomb should have never been nerfed. I never seen them just “delete” a tank-it was rare for the all the Tracers I played with and against to get a proper stick.

Brig wasn’t as oppressive as everyone said because the times I died to her were my own fault for being in poor position or if I felt cocky and wanted to show off. As S76 I was able to legit run circles around her and take her out.

Anecdotal Evidence is GARBAGE in a debate/argument.

11 Likes

Most of us have come to the conclusion that Megadodo is a troll. I’d advise just flagging his posts where he’s just being contrarian & derailing, and not feeding him any more. He’s pretty well proven he won’t try to hold a reasonable conversation, so I wouldn’t waste any further time on him

5 Likes

Noted.

Should have known that each time they’re asked “Can you prove it” they throw out “Factually I can say Mercy’s name is Angela and I do not need to so proof of that”-like that mean anything else they say means they’ve gotten their information from some unknown source.

I mean going by that logic if you can denote the name of any hero with a Code Name/Alias that means everything you say about them is fact and can’t be questioned because you know once of the most BASIC pieces of information.

Man I feel bad that I wasted my time trying to have legit debates with this guy when they’d bring up some of the most arbitrary things and deflect into conversations that weren’t even brought up.

Thank you for the heads up.

8 Likes

AGREED. I personally try my best not to use this, and focus more on data for the backbone of my claims. Sometimes using your own experience is alright, but as the only evidence… That’s a big no-no.

It’s sort of hard for me to do anything when people tell me that “Overbuff isn’t reliable,” though… What are we supposed to use, then? :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah, I spent some trying to establish whether or not they were trying to actually converse and were just bad at argumentation, but it’s pretty clear that they simply seek to derail the thread and stall the thread by being contrarian and contradicting anything that anyone who is pro-rework/revert says without actually substantiating their views. Like I said, just flag for trolling due to derailment, and move on. We got better things to talk about

Anecdotal evidence is good when you’re trying to put a personal spin or frame an example of something… it’s also appropriate to use when there is absolutely no objective data, as long as you’ve got the sense of mind to realize that your subjective experience may not actually be representative. But yeah, using it as your sole basis of data (that is to say, objective evidence) is terrible

There’s been a few threads on it, but yeah. Basically, Overbuff is still close enough that it should give you a pretty good idea of what’s going on. It’s certainly still within a good enough margin that it’s reasonable to cite it as evidence, as long as you’re not trying to examine like… minute differences in stats, because those will likely be off.

Also… lol weird time flux warp, I quoted you in a post before your post I quoted

6 Likes

Wasn’t it proven or stated that since privated profiles became a thing their accuracy only dropped about 2-5%?

I remember that being stated somewhere, I’m going to try and find it.

3 Likes

I don’t doubt it. Private profiles messed a lot of things up, tbh… I love it, but I also hate it.
I just wish that Blizzard would provide official stats. But Until then, Overbuff is all we have to work with. :confused:

2 Likes

Factually, I am not joking.

If you review a large body of my posts, you should find that I state “in my experience” (or something similar) a great number of times, and then go on to describe my experience, like finding Mercy to be fun, balanced, and impactful in actual game play.

Personally, I do not find relating one’s own genuine experiences to be trolling, nor is there any intent on my part to act the part of a troll

I am not aware of much else that is available to us that is valid, other than simple facts one can find in game documentation, like fire rates, healing rates, and so forth

I accept that this was/is your experience

My experience was quite the opposite - I saw a healer incentivized to withhold healing from her team regularly and frequently

The devs also stated that they had also observed what I experienced - not necessarily (and probably not) the same incidents, but the same behavior in other matches; and as such, they made the decision to remove mass rez from the game.

Since you didnt yourself (as you said) observe such behavior, I can certainly see how you might think for this removal to have been unjustified, but that may suggest to some that there is a belief that the descriptions of the experiences with this behavior are fabrications. I personally do not believe that the devs would fabricate this, and my own observations lend credence to this

As I said, I believe that personal experience (which includes but isnt limited to what we observe oorm others experiences) is for the most part the only valid thing we have to discuss, on this, a discussion forum. Invalid/incomplete data can be discussed, and sometimes is; but I see no value in that, personally

I do not know why personal experience of Overwatch would not (or could not) be discussable on a discussion forum for Overwatch

To me, it seems perfectly within the realm of what is topical

But you saaaaaaaid:

So therefore MY personal anecdotal evidence is just as valid.

You can’t go back by going “Oh but the devs–”

No, you don’t get to do that. You said “personal experience is the only REAL data”. I’m using mine, therefore that is REAL data.

It’s clear you just want to stall and push threads to their cap for some unexplained reasons, and repeat points with no real effort put into your arguments.

It’s been proven just by seeing some of the other posts you’ve made that’s all you do, repeat things again and again with no merit to them.

8 Likes

Well let’s hope that you don’t plan on doing any debating in the real world. The numbers provided by Overbuff are actuallymuch more accurate than personal experience, as it factors in the performance of more than one player.

I’m done here.

2 Likes

There is simply no point in arguying with someone who claims to value personal experiences yet seem to only value theirs.
There is no point in arguying with someone who provides self-proclamed facts yet never provide any sort of evidence to support them.

Ignorant people affirm, learned doubt, and the wise man thinks.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree

But let me pose a question - if I am in a forest for a month, and see a tree fall, and you are in a forest for a month and never see a tree fall, does that mean that no trees fell in the forest?

Your experience is indeed just as valid as mine, but there is a difference between saying “I didnt observe x” and “x didnt occur”

I observed it, and the devs observed it, and many other posters have also noted that they observed it. There are publicly available videos where one can observe this behavior.

The fact that the devs observed this behavior led - per their statement - to the removal of mass rez from Mercy

Factually, I have no such intent.

Factually, if a thread ends, it is a simple matter to start a new thread, pasting in the original post as the first post of the new thread, perhaps alter the title to include “v2” or something along those lines, and add a link of the previous thread for ease of reference. As such, this topic need never end as these forums are currently configured