Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

I beg to differ:

The person literally wants all supports to be absurdly OP. Cause that’s her version of the game. Thank god the devs don’t listen to people like that.

The person refuses to get good and climb or adapt so they want the whole world to change to fit their narrative.

Do you realize how absurd this is as an argument? The game balance revolves around every hero.

2 Likes

No. Game in high tiers and low tiers are, basically, two different games. That’s how it always been.

1 Like

The game is the same, the players are different. :rofl: Your entire premise is incredibly warped and wrong.

1 Like

This means that game is different, because players are different. So stop trying to balance game same for different players, it’s not going to work.

1 Like

This part of the discussion seems to have become sterile btw.
I haven’t taken any part in it, but you should maybe start arguing over relevant points. This almost seems like a grammar war at that point

1 Like

If the game is the same, heroes wouldn’t have to be changed like mercy and like symm. But they don’t fit the way higher coordinated players like playing in the old kits so said kits were changed.
But symm and mercy don’t have a style liked by those players inherently. I don’t see why they should be worked for people who don’t like them.

I don’t like McCree. I’m not asking his Cor play be changed for me tho :woman_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

The game is the same, the rules are the same, the heroes are the same. The players are different.

You are wrong, and not just a little wrong, you are fundamentally wrong. You got the table completely flipped.

The world doesn’t revolve around you. I have no idea why are you playing a competitive team-based FPS

That’s wrong. Again, not just a little but flat out wrong. Symmetra was changed because she was decent at low elo and absolutely useless at high elo. Mercy was changed because she had an incredibly unhealthy mechanic.

They weren’t changed because Pro players didn’t like it but because Symmetra was literally useless at the Pro setting. That’s not an opinion, that’s a fact.

1 Like

Again the game is the same, the hero is the same. The difference is in one case players can’t aim, in the other they can. Do I even need to explain this?

Difference is like between school soccer and World Championship in soccer. They are not the same, even while they have similar rules.

I would agree, however they completely dropped the topic of Symmetra after that rework and she still remains the worst hero in a pro environment. Her only time comes from people picking her at the start of a round iirc. If they were balancing for the pros and not their opinions they’d revisit her.

The pros have major influence over the game but at the same time, Blizzard are hopeless at balancing it out properly.

I agree Symmetra is weak. In my opinion, she and Bastion are probably the worst heroes in the game currently. Keep in mind, even public enemy on the forum Number 1 (Seagull) thinks Symmetra is weak. So I dunno why you think that when even the Pros think Symmetra is not good.

I’m sure the devs will buff her soon (in fact Geoff even stated that already in an interview, that her damage will likely get better). Also the armor nerf is good for her.

Things will happen in time.

She was not. Thus why she still wasn’t picked.

Agreed. And look how they tried to buff or work it… They didn’t. They threw out how she played without effort

Not true… It was an unhealthy playstyle and one promoted by blizzard themselves. And they didn’t try to address that playstyle. :woman_shrugging:t5:

And so she was changed because pros couldn’t use her and don’t want to work at her. And now she’s still not picked . Because they can’t use her and don’t want to work at her :woman_shrugging:t5:

They’ve literally said they don’t like playing mercy. That hasn’t changed since the removal of mass Rez. But it shows in valk that the change was for a specific set of people. Valk had plenty in it to Nerf. They didn’t work it so Mercy had no healing and only chain beams and a Rez reset. They didn’t change it to have battle mercy and only healing. They didn’t change it beyond keeping mercy at always “fine” for people who don’t like her like pros

And tbh like me. I’m a people who didn’t like Mercy before valk. Without rez, valk do all the do. :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Pros and regular players playing differently, yet it’s team-based game. Hero, that is at “ok” level of power in pro games, becomes weak otherwise, because players have nowhere near enough coordination, or because they never use strategies, that hero is best for.

Just wanted E ability for Mercy, so she has something to do in between healing and pulling resurrects. Instead over time it turned into “more healing and less resurrects”, as resurrects were removed from Valkyrie.

If it, at least, healed enough to keep teammate alive and not requiring actual defensive ult to be used, it could work. As for now, best use for Valkyrie as team-supporting ult for me was in combo with Transcendence, using only damage boost.

Just with this, he was referring to the way tick based weapons had their damage reduced by armour iirc. It’s unlikely that much will change about her.

Yeah… I disagree with most of what I’ve seen for Mercy. I think her design meant to nit touch her healing after 60hps. She should have had a mini personal bubble or fortify . I favor fortify over a bubble . But the idea was that in general it kills the "kill the mercy " god awful strat and the "hide n rez " strat (if they ever want to fix her still broken Sr system)

Unsure, if it qualifies as hiding to be flying in the sky with Pharah, and descend to use resurrect, if second healer couldn’t heal fast enough.

As for “kill the mercy” strat, it usually took one smart enemy with ult to ruin it, turning 5 players resurrect into 6 players wipe, including mercy. It’s not only ult designed like that: Deadye or Barrage also often get ruined with one accurate shot at McCree or Pharah.

Dude, please don’t make stuff up. The forums and reddit were riddled with posts asking Symmetra to be nerfed because she was OP (according to players in bronze, silver, gold mostly). You must be new here or haven’t played the game for very long.

Current Symmetra is better than old Symmetra but not quite there yet. She will be eventually.

They did. Mass Rez is gone and good riddance. New Mercy is awesome.

She was changed because she was bad. Like literally useless.

That’s an issue of the players, not the hero. You being bad at the game doesn’t mean the hero is bad. I don’t understand how you can’t comprehend this - it isn’t rocket science.

The nerf to armor is good for Symmetra. But I agree that it’s not enough. Sym is in a bad place (she has always been in a bad place).

Devs need to focus on her, Bastion, Reaper, Torb. Heroes that have always been bad. Mercy is fine and balanced.

Because that’s not the case, and you just being rude. If hero can’t work with 5 clueless teammates, it’s bad hero. My BF plays in Silver, even while he can easily play in Gold, simply because in Silver he doesn’t need healer to win games.

It’s like selling only Formula 1 cars to regular drivers, and complaining that they can’t use those cars like trained Formula 1 drivers, and that city streets aren’t race track.

1 Like

Overwatch was the first for game I ever played…at launch, I loved sym… She was not good. I improved and got to plat… She was not good. I got to diamond and masters and smurfed with my still silver and gold friends… She was not good. Some people will hate certain heroes no matter what… Same as how I still get called “no aim no brain” on symm :woman_shrugging:t5:

She is not. Thus why her even lower pick rates. And if she isn’t better and needs to be buffed… Symm could have been buffed earlier before any reworks :woman_shrugging:t5:

I disagree.

And still is then. :woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

I was talking in general.

:grinning: I’m sorry but are fundamentally wrong at this point and this conversation is pointless. I don’t want to be rude but your entire view is wrong. There’s no point for me to continue further because literally everything you say is objectively wrong.

Have a nice day.

If you do decide to actually get better in this game I suggest you watch this video, it might be useful to you.

Good luck!

1 Like