Why do so many Mercy threads get locked?

It’s a result of certain people who always had their britches in a twist ACTUALLY being given something to have their britches in a twist about.

Because in all honesty; they don’t care what the “casual” player base thinks about a hero, or the game for that matters. They only care about the pro scene, so they give a pretence of caring about the casual community while they’re not.

So when the post-count of a hero gets too much, they just lock the posts under pretence of not being constructive enough. Welcome to ActivisionBlizzard; leave your money or get out.

1 Like

Aria seems to have the loudest voice without a doubt. I like mercy don’t get me wrong but sometimes you need to take a step back with how loud you get with one thing. Yelling the same thing over and over will not get results. But I do understand the frustration with getting harassment from some people who are trolls.

But it’s a giant case of ‘sides’ as far as I can see. Feel free to correct me there it’s just my view on the situation at hand. Seems like no one is willing to budge and if they are it’s very far and few in between of who will budge.

it’s really sad and one sided. I check a lot of her videos and recently I checked her video on toxic comments on her vids. there are extremely toxic people who say the rudest stuff to her and she has to go through that even when he is stating her thoughts on mercy. She gets hate and deals with it but to get suspended from overwatch forums because she cant speak her mind? like excuse me but everyone is passive agressive at some point. i dont see them shutting down hateful comments as much as the mercy posts. Its crazy.

I was reading somewhere about that. Pro seems to be the thing they look at before the casual player. I think it involved Seagull.

For the posts saying that it’s “because it’s the same information”. This is unfortunately false.

Continuing the discussion from I can't defend silencing:

Nothing in this blue post states that all feedback “must be completely genuine and 100% different”. The statement “mercy threads are locked because they are spam” is a fallacy.

Part of the reason a lot of threads get banned, looking at the threads I’ve made that were locked, is probably due to the thread itself being derailed and eventually non-constructive and toxic. A lot of times, if you look at a mercy thread, you will notice a very familiar group of people who simply come into the forums to post something inflammatory or non-constructive (“Stop making threads” / “Another Mercy main spam thread” / “Mercy mains are a cult, a hivemind” etc.)

Posts like this devolve into arguments and personal attacks, which in turn, result in that thread being closed.

It’s not so much that it’s Mercy as the topic itself, but more so that the threads most likely to be met with toxic replies and non-constructive remarks are usually the ones that are targeting Mercy mains in Mercy threads.

Out of all the threads I’ve made about Mercy (and I make a lot of threads about her), the ones who are locked have been specifically the ones where people are out right attacking Mercy mains, insulting them with derogatory remarks, and spreading hatred.

The other end of the spectrum would be if someone makes a Mercy thread and is directly calling out the devs or the mods. Usually the act of calling out the mods themselves is a reason for that thread being locked, and in those cases it’s coincidental, since there are loads of threads of this format that get locked and aren’t about Mercy in any way.

I’ve seen people make threads about various forum members and even about me, which also ends up getting locked. So yeah, calling out a dev or anyone in general is just a bad move. Just don’t do it.

Overall, I’m not going to sit here and say that all the mercy threads that do get locked were locked because of one single reason (I’ve seen my fair share of false flagging going on on Mercy threads. With the Mercy Feedback thread being a prime example.)

But now a days, as long as the thread is constructive, follows the guidelines, and explains the concerns with her without being inflammatory or toxic, and isn’t being plagued with trolls, they usually stay up. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Yeah she has the loudest voice, and it’s a big reason why there’s this rift.

I think it’s just a natural thing that happens whenever a heavily one tricked hero gets changed. Lots of people with a limited perspective outside of a hero argue with people who have a limited perspective of the hero. No real progress is made, just shouting and people trenching in to their ideas.

We need threads from people with 10 hours of her to be the ones making threads, but they can’t as they get shouted down by the people who are also shouting down all the threads made by people with 1000 hours on her.

1 Like

So the Devs can pretend nothing is wrong with Mercy

It’s all about how you start off the thread. If you start it off with this passive aggressive or just plain aggressive attitude then you are creating a toxic thread straight away. Yes, some threads can still turn toxic no matter what. But if you start off by insulting a group of people, calling their opinions wrong or just being rude. Then you are attracting the wrong people.

Thank you for the answer. Puts some light on how wording can work in a forum. I will try to think before I write.

You read it all the time, they always talk changes over with the pro market. Why they even bother running a PTR service for everyone is beyond me, waste of money.

The day when Blizzard cared about their players is long gone, and went away when they teamed up with Activision. Now it’s a company like EA and Ubisoft, made to make a ton of money by any means necessary.

Seems like the game will crash and burn sooner or later at that rate.

Mods totally doing the right thing
(abusing power)

Doubt it, there is no depth too deep for them to sink in order to earn some money, and there’s plenty of people who buy their lootboxes, so they have enough money to go around, along with the E-Sports filth they ram down everyone’s throat.

Most that get locked are because people get off topic and start getting toxic at each others. The others that get locked are just not generally OW related this not for these forums.

hopefully lootbox laws will change that so we can get decent microtransactions, it’s not like they can’t survive without it

This seems a little extreme and untrue…

There’s a cult present here on the forums, but not the one you think…

My loyal followers are converting forumers as we speak. Prepare for the abuncalypse.

There’s a little rumor going around that PTR doesn’t stand for “public testing region”, but rather
“Pro-gamer Testing Region.”

I’m beginning to think that the rumor is becoming more and more true these days.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

It’s true…