I can't defend silencing

The thing is, we gamers have more power then we think. Look at EA, the statement we made.

Look at battlefield 5, the statement we are about to make lol😂

EA is in massive trouble.

People can defend blizz all they want, but it won’t make the game better, they are hindering it from reaching its true potential👌

You aren’t doing them any favors.

The devs need to be called out, in a respectful way. Many have done this, but those still get shutdown.

And when devs can’t take criticism, trouble starts brewing.

2 Likes

It’s simply the way I talk. That’s really all there is to it. Gotta lighten the tension for somebody, somehow.

So if someone goes to 100 topics with Mercy in the title, and posts in each of them a copy/paste message of:

“Stop spamming the forums with mercy spam!”

By your rules, is that not considered spamming? :smirk:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I mean sure, but come on, the fact that we’re still having this discussion a year later means that people don’t like where she’s at

1 Like

Take my word for it: no one like passive-aggression.

Best to just avoid it all together.

2 Likes

It’s really not because it’s a call out on what amounts to bad behavior in the first place.

Exactly.

(20 Mercy Threads later)

You actually don’t think that literally copying and pasting the same message in 100 threads is spamming? Got it.

#SeemsLegit :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

Calling out bad behavior using bad behavior… Got it.

2 Likes

They try to silence me but I know the dirty loophole to exist forever

2 Likes

Could be? Beats me it sure wasn’t the Mercy mains that agree with titanium that spammed flagged her, right?

I don’t actually recall 100% saying the exact words but I’m pretty sure I said that there were posts of some Mercy mains wanting to create a cult here on the forums which is a fact this isn’t an opinion, I’m sure some still exist on the old forums and I said some discord channels/facebook are dedicated to that whether they still exist or not is irrelevant I’m pretty sure I didn’t generalize all of them.
Why would all Ana mains share my opinion? I never said all Mercy mains flagged me… you should reread.

If they’re by the dozens and strongly disagree with you and were “offended” then yeah they actually probably flagged you on the post.
Again I never said all Mercy mains spam flagged me.

It’s funny that I was only muted on Mercy posts yet you still go on and say it wasn’t the actions of some Mercy mains that got me banned, you equated to a bunch of “trolls” yet those trolls over 2000 posts I’ve made have only picked Mercy posts to flag me on… what a coincidence.

also

see the keyword, if you aren’t part of them then you shouldn’t be among those I pointed out in my comment, correct?

Is this a classic strawman?

Purchase all the Blizzard stock and force them to do your bidding

You diety among mere mortals

In truth I think the Mercy echo chamber is getting really self destructive. A lot of Mercy players initially liked Mercy 2.0. I don’t really think there’s anything really inherent about the gameplay that makes it unfun, at least not relative to Mercy 1.0. But I think the people saying how awful it is, over and over, could make people think it’s bad. Or at least worse than it is.

And the people who repeat it commit to that line of thought and won’t enjoy Mercy even if she does get a bit buffed or tuned up. The idea that only a revert can fix her is especially bad because they will never ever do that. It would completely destroy their authority to make changes unpopular to parts of the community ever again.

2 Likes

You can feel smug and satisfied, but shouldn’t you get a ticket each time you speed? That’s the equivalent… it has to do with appropriateness of the action in context. You keep doing bad behavior, you get repeatedly called out, the reaction is totally justified.

I like this current meme of trying to shut down a discussion as though you have made some profound statement by “got it”… trash talk.

Ehhhhhhh, there were a lot of Mercy players (including myself) didn’t really like 2.0, telling Blizz it was too strong…

We were right

Oh yeah, there were a lot of Mercy players who did agree that 2.0 was too strong (I wish they’d listen to the PTR testers). But most of those players thought she’d be ok if tuned down a bit.

1 Like

Oh for sure, as do I…
But what we’ve gotten was the complete opposite of what we had imagined.

I do believe 2.0 could work… But (ironically) we’d have to go back to original valk and balance off that.

First off, you have to speed to get onto the freeway; you have to move at the flow of traffic, whatever it may be.

Second, you aren’t the forum police. You don’t have any power. So you copy pasting the same post in hundreds of threads is spam. Doesn’t matter if you think it’s okay to spam, you’re still doing it. Xavvypls isn’t spamming. (S)he is bringing up different points to make the same argument. If you’d read the posts instead of going “REEE REVERT MERCY NO WAY JOSE,” you would know that.

2 Likes

Locking this thread down:

• Discussing a disciplinary action (Code of Conduct violation)

This isn’t a case of ‘silencing the playerbase’, comments and feedback are constantly being read and heard. However, that doesn’t mean that the team has to agree with those sentiments.
Discussions like this aren’t helpful, they serve only to generate negative feelings and unrest.

Examples of useful feedback include:

• It feels bad when I play [char1] as [char2] always shuts me down, when I feel I should have some sort of counter-play, without changing characters.
  • I feel that [char1] has been overly nerfed, and that [suggestion] would be more fun.
  • I really like [char1]! They feel powerful, however sometimes I feel too powerful because of [ability].
27 Likes