?!?!? Why do people complain that Blizz doesn’t listen ?!?!?

My guess is that IF the overwatch devs came out and gave a SPECIFIC answer to the megathread (as if they were ever clear on an exact solution or problem)…those same people are probably not going to like it…so if youre a dev…why bother??? you go on with your day and do your job…and if that means doing a specific thing in either megathread then so be it…but at this point…especially seeing the response to jeffs response and all prior changes to her…why would you address it? when the people on here are as overzealous as they are…its a lose lose for them

2 Likes

So you’d rather give no explanation, than one that may be disliked? You’ve got to be a very special little snowflake.

If I have to explain something to one of our customers, I get straight to the point. No sugarcoating or other nonsense. I explain the way things are, why they are the way they are, and if the customer really doesn’t like it, they’re free to submit a change request to get it changed.

1 Like

and my guess will be…just based on the “lack of response” and their actual actions in game…that you will not like the answer…congratulations…we move on from arguing about what to do with her to arguing about how we dont like her to megathreads about how we dont like what theyre doing with their product…yay…problem solved! oh wait…

1 Like

So? An answer, no matter if I agree with it or not, is better than none at all.

1 Like

Oh you really dont know?

let me make you a list

-Ignoring underperforming heros since launch, and giving them objectivly BAD reworks.

-Not releasing lore since 9 months. (no , hero releases dont count)

-Ignoring smurfing

-Ignoring automatic report sistem and the problem it brings to off meta players

-Ignoring a 17.9K megatrhead about mercy

-Ignoring 90% of sombra players and nerfing her because of pros whining

-Ignoring bastion 7.8 K thread

-Treating us like idiots like tom powers just did , when saying buffing a dragonstrike was a BUG

• NOT FIXING BUGS SINCE 2 YEARS FOR REIN AND NOT FIXING SOMBRA BUGS.
5 Likes

Let me give you an example if why we think blizzard doesn’t listen…

So blizzard announces bizarre changes to Sombra that they insist will make her better. Nearly the entire sombra population & even many well known non-sombra streamers loudly agree and make multiple threads about how these changes will actually destroy Sombra. The blizzard dev in charge of balance not only doesn’t revert the changes, he flat out states in an interview that everyone that thinks these changes are bad are wrong and he is right. I’m not even kidding, he blatantly stated that.

Now, take the game that I quit overwatch to play as a counter example. This game is made by a developer that is notorious for not listening to player feedback. For this game, they announce an upcoming patch with sweeping changes that nearly everyone gets in uproar about (similar to the sombra player situation in overwatch).

Now here is the difference, pay attention. After the uproar, the developers of the other game announce that they are going to cancel the patch and go back to the drawing board to make a new patch… and this is from a developer that has a reputation for not listening to their fanbase… do you see the difference between these situations?

2 Likes

Don’t forget that the mercy megathreads are numerous and each one is enormous.

2 Likes

Exactly with so many feedback they still think 11nerfs in a row to a rework is succesful balancing

2 Likes

btw no answer is an answer…noone wants to read between the lines though…

1 Like

Pretty simple to understand!
Most of the people who are complaining are people who play heroes deemed as troll picks at the moment and Mercy!
The devs have ignored all 9 of the mega-threads and various posts about Mercy (the mega-threads having over 180,000 posts on Mercy) and have barely listened to any feedback about heroes that seem to be underperforming!
Literally almost EVERYONE in the Mercy playing community (AND ALSO A LARGE FRACTION OF PEOPLE THAT DON’T PLAY MERCY) agrees rez needs to be back to an ultimate with according nerfs. Mercy’s rework was one of the biggest failures in this entire game. It has been blatantly OP since addition, and it still is, Blizzard nerfs the wrong parts of Mercy when in reality an unearned rez on a 30 second CD is the problem. 11 useless nerfs in a rework they called “successful” despite people telling them that it is nothing more than a failure. Also, don’t forget some Mercy mains get account silences for calling the devs out on not reading our posts (you can check on their accounts how many posts they’ve read, which do not even come close to reading a fraction of our feedback).

The only thing Blizzard wants to give feedback on is threads like “DOES TRACER LIKE TO EAT CHEESE???”

3 Likes

That was because people were having trouble with pharmercy which people asked to nerf

1 Like

Please dont make assumptions.
We have no idea how much of the community doesn’t like current Mercy/likes old Mercy etc
The fraction that we know of through the forums/reddit, is TINY.
The number of posts doesn’t mean each post is a individual person, there is ALLOT of repeating with the same people over and over along with unrelated threads getting merged and pointless drivel and arguing.

1 Like

We don’t care about the ‘silent majority’.

1 Like

i remember the last time i looked a third of all responses in one megathread (of like 15k+ responses) were contributed by a total of 25 people…i doubt its changed much

1 Like

Lots of people spamming complaints that people are having open discussion in said threads.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

This surprises me too. It is pretty rare that a company actually writes response to the community on the forums and yet Blizzard is doing it rather regularly and its almost always directly answering the OP.

I didn’t say DOES what the community asks, I said LISTENS to the community. I think people are confusing the two. Just because the answer may be “No” doesn’t mean they didn’t listen to the complaint

1 Like

Wtf are you talking About of the last 10 devs “answers” 9th July - 7th august

2 We’re from Bill warnacke, adressing the broken servers which Twitter already did and ignoring the demands to get sr back because it was not people’s fault and an claiming to be watching the finales.

4 From Jeff kaplan talking About the progress in toxicity which is great! BUT not answring simple and important related questions like automátic reports and smurfs which are pretty often

1 thread from Geoff talkign about support changes , not answering questions.
Also … It’s Geoff , if someone dosnt Care About feedback in Blizzard he is the guy because of reasons previously said

3 From Micheal chu creating/explaining lore via
Q&A as usuall . Ignoring the only important question About lore ¿What happend to it?

1 Like

To be fair. Look at the forums.

Other than technical support there is literally almost zero posts at all from devs.

It never used to be like this.

1 Like

Ah yes let’s keep pretending the forum was not up in arms about Sombra as well.

Let’s also keep pretending like some of those reworks weren’t caused by forum whining as opposed to balance concerns ala Hanzo and Mercy.

The devs have done some stupid things, but pretending they don’t listen when in fact the worst problems in the game came exactly from listening to these stupid forums in the first place is just f*cked.

The problem is not that they don’t listen. The problem is that they do listen and are extremely stubborn at the same time. Do you know what that causes? It causes them to listen to whiney “Not fun” idiots and then when that inevitably is a bad change, they don’t revert it because they are stubborn.

That’s what happened to Mercy, Hog and Hanzo. None of those we reworked for balance reasons. They were reworked for whining reasons and stay in their states because of stubbornness

Agree so much , this was the downfall of sombra…
Which proves my point.

‘‘Blizzard dosnt listen’’
Without counting all the examples i said and just focusing on reworks.

SOMBRA

If blizzard heard the whining from the pros and nerfed sombra - they did not listen to the counter arguments that people made in these forums, GOOD, WELL WRITTEN feedback like people like xaron or somvra make often in this forums.

Being aware of feedback and actually analise it are 2 diferent things.
just look at our man geoff

https://www.dbltap.com/posts/6122711-geoff-goodman-explains-sombra-rework-is-meant-to-make-her-less-challenging-in-overwatch

Someone could see that interview and said ``wait a minute , they do listen to feedback’’ but if you would take the time to read it you would realize its a charade.
The interview goes give or take im right and they are wrong because they dont know how to play her.

Mercy

Im not as informed as with sombra. But after making a rework who the vast majority claimed it would bring problems and having a megatrhead with almost unanimously agreeing the problem was making her ult an E abilitie they continue to nerf her ( 10+ nerfs and counting) without accepting failure.
again, hearding complains but not listening…

[Edited] I forgot the most insulting case of neglect

3 Likes