Why did you remove so much?

It’s Blizzard 2022. They have no idea what they are doing. They have to hire from the bottom of the barrel. So obviously those people don’t have a clue about good design.

1 Like

They moved cover around in Horizon a few times.

They did not try.

They’ve tried all of these things.

Would take as much effort as making a completely new map (Which is actually their plan for the 2CP maps btw. They’re gonna reuse the assets for new maps)

They did the first two of those things to an extremely minor extent - I’m implying they should go drastic with those changes and also add new mechanics into the mode. Certainly, before removing them outright this should’ve been attempted.

It would not have taken as much effort to just properly rework them; I’m going to have to disagree there just on common sense. I don’t understand where you’re getting that from.

They could also do this new reused assets plan you mention alongside this. It’d actually be nice to see both I think.

endorsements in my opinion need to go

3 Likes

Sorry but, player level and rank borders being removed isn’t Blizzard’s fault. Its the community’s. The community loves to judge everyone based on border and rank, not actual skill and stats.

Had everyone just played nicer, it’d still be here. Sorry to drop the truth bomb.

A lot of things over the past weeks feel like last minute decisions.

Removing a level border and little on fire animation, but adding a fully detailed scoreboard where I can see that the other player did 500 less damage than me? I don’t know if that was a good move, if the reason was lowering bad player behavior.

1 Like

I think they are reworking the on fire system.

For the others yeah it suck. The old endorsement system was fun and a nice thing to do between games.

1 Like

Don’t agree.

Never in my 6 years playing this game, engaging in game text/voice chat, social media, or YouTube videos have I ever heard of someone being belittled because of their portrait or XP level.

I think it’s kinda clear the battle pass being sorta hamfisted into the game is why it was removed.

Edit: Should say it’s entirely possible I totally missed some sort of community wide issue there - if you’ve experienced toxicity there don’t want to take away from it. Just don’t think that was a good reason to take it out either way

I’ll let 2020 Jeff Kaplan speak for the team:

1 Like

Toxic players will be toxic, but at least we have an unbiased understanding of how the match is progressing. And people who actually are the problem themselves are less likely to draw attention to it.

1 Like

Obviously so that they can reintroduce it as a paid feature, locked behind battlepass

1 Like

Why are people making complaints over old maps no longer being used? Can’t we all just enjoy brand new content instead?

It’s something where they have to be careful. We still play a game where it was needed to have private profiles, because someone dares to play an off-role or hero.
Personally I look way too much at the scoreboard only made my matches on Mercy look worse, because everyone can see that her heal is average while also doing 0 damage compared to all the other supports. It’s not a good feeling to be on display like that.

It’s the forums, we’ve gotta have something to complain about.

People complaining that they would have to wait for season 2 for balance changes so blizz decides to do a mid season patch, now they’re complaining that blizzard is going to screw up the balance changes. Sometimes you can’t please people no matter what you do.

I was around for this - I know lol. Just made a cheeky joke.

If by some logic it really is equivalent to new maps in terms of work - they should’ve either pushed the launch off (because it’s clearly nowhere near ready in about 67 different ways now) or kept the mode & maps in at least quickplay with some new minor adjustments to tide it over.

Imo, it’s just not acceptable for a sequel to cut that much content when it already has little in the way of new content.

We should be getting patches every 3 weeks, if not I might actually stop playing OW as thats a clear sign of a dead game

When your “sequel” has a pittance of new content by comparison to the first game’s launch state - I think it’s valid to question why it was a good idea to remove a significant amount of content and supportive features.

• but that’s just me

I’m on board with quick balance changes, i was just giving an example of how the forums will complain about anything and everything. :joy:

To turn them into another mode it would have taken as much effort as making new maps. This is something that the devs have said themselves and the logic is perfectly sound. It’s not as simple as moving some obstacles around and adding in different objectives, that’s not how level design works.