Why can't genji be nerfed?

im not really good with him except during the ult where i feel like a reinhardt on speed.

he looks alright to me

1 Like

That chart isn’t up to date (although, having said that I don’t think Genji has been changed at all recently)

You mean play around his cds, a core part of gamesense and something you’re supposed to do against every hero? Also you can still shoot him from behind with any hero or attack him with Mei, Zarya, Symmetra, Winston, and Moira’s primary, hit him with Ashe’s dynamite fire, Sym’s turrets, Moira’s damage orb or hack him with Sombra. Look at all the things he’s “invulnerable” to.

Genji’s deflect was also nerfed with the hitbox being severely reduced, not covering his sides nearly as much or even his back. This brought him back a lot since deflect was always such a huge cause of frustration in general.

He gets punished if he is in really bad positioning. If his positioning is only bad, it means his leniency makes up for that. You also making the argument that it means they have good positioning, helps my claim in saying it makes Genji easier.

considering brig was and IS actually overtuned and genji isn’t what’s your point of this post.

1 Like

Uh, I’d like to put a unique pov towards this as a support main. Moira? Lock on beam? Can’t deflect? Bio orb past his deflect to heal yourself and get heals from her secondary slurp. Genji slayer. My tip? Pick up Moira

“considering I’m right and you’re wrong what’s your point”

Oh sweet summer child.

There will Always be one hero that is the top pick

We cant nerf based on that

Genji got big nerfs early on, including the “triple jump” nerf which a lot of people were mad about. You just don’t see him in the spotlight on the balance changes because there are way bigger problem children out there right now

Not that I’m disagreeing that he’s not OP but he has NOT been nerfed “plenty of times” in the past. He got…what, two? One being an exploit (triple jump), one being a visual change to actually be accurate (deflect)?

Whether it was balanced or not, I still refuse to believe that triple jump was an “exploit”.

You mean to tell me that Blizzard went through Alpha, Beta, and a Live launch without ever realizing Genji could jump again climbing a wall?

I call BS.

This is the same company that was aware of a Mei bug for a full YEAR and still no fix. The same ones that fix one bug and introduce 3 more, even when multiple people report it with video evidence of it happening and instructions on how to replicate the bug.

So, yes, I absolutely believe it.

False. It was an intended mechanic that got removed.

Bug fixes and likewise changes are labelled as such on the patch notes.

Deflect wasn’t a visual change it was a hitbox change.

Lol then I stand corrected

I consider the hitbox in his deflect change to be a fix, since he used to deflect things from behind him and offscreen. I know the devs said it’s a change and deflect wasn’t a bug before, but…no one thought it was fair except a handful of people who play him.

If people really think it was a nerf in the same sense that they nerfed Soldier to reduce his damage, then they’re reaching. :joy:

Complaints about deflect weren’t justified in my opinion purely because they used the guise of “BUT THE VISUAL DOESN’T ACCURATELY REPRESENT IT!!!” then proceeded to ignore, downvote and flag anyone mentioning the fact that D.Va’s DM covers her boosters and sides despite the visual not showing said area.

Good thing I feel the same about Defense Matrix :slight_smile:

The only reaching here is “that was an exploit/bug not a nerf .”

Like, devs categorized it as a balance change instead of a bug fix, and you guys still be like “it was an exploit that got fixed, not a nerf.” Why be so intellectually dishonest?

Nobody is comparing Genji’s nerf to other hero’s nerf, only that he was nerfed.

1 Like

Daily taste of genji nerf thread just what forum needs.

For one, the current meta means every dps hero is a troll pick, for 2 he’s kind of meh outside of this meta so nerfing him makes him a free kill and what not… Which I understand is what you want, but still…