Why can't genji be nerfed?

Because while heroes like Brigitte and Doomfist get gutted, Genji players notoriously love mentioning that Genji was also nerfed…as if that is somehow on equivalent levels. :slight_smile:

There are threads regarding Doomfist and Brigitte where this can be found. :man_shrugging:

Also lol “intellectually dishonest”. Suuuuure.

brig has received numerous nerfs since release and still defines the meta.

It’s usually only mentioned when someone makes a false claim like “he never got nerfed” “why is he protected?” “why the dps favoritism” or some kind of bs.

Yeah, and I doubt Genji players jump in those thread just to say “hey Genji was nerfed too.”

Chances are it’s probably a response to like “why is Genji never nerfed while Brigitte get 7 nerfs in a row?” Because we know how this forum loves to scapegoat Genji (or Tracer).

And comparing a meta linchpin like Brigitte to Genji who only gets scraps from even dive is lol. Even at height of his power Genji was not a consistent pick in any meta.

Yeah, it’s very obvious. Try not to do it.

Outside of Goats, Genji is the best dps hero in the game.

He has it all. Very small body, making him very hard to hit.
Low cooldown Deflect ability, that allows him to tank a lot of damage for a dps hero.
Spammable long range shuriken attacks that have a good hitbox.
Burst combo damage with shuriken+dash+melee and dash resetting whenever you assist on a kill.
The best mobility in the game next to tracer, with double jumps, wall climbing and dash.

On top of all that, he has one of the most impactful ultimates in the game, Dragonblade.
Free dash reset, massive aoe swing hitbox with burst damage that allows you to instantly kill and swap targets, more often than not resulting in a win for your team for that fight.
Good luck hitting a genji jumping all over the place with sleep dart.
If you are not running zen and he is next to your team with transedence ready, good luck surviving.

He needs some minor changes to be more balanced.

They should either remove the extra free dash when he uses his dragonblade OR
instead of Dash resetting on kill, it should get lowered to 0.5seconds, to act as a global cooldown of sorts, giving a slight chance for your opponents to hit him.

1 Like

He’s not balanced, it’s just that Blizzard panders to the top players, and most of them are Genji mains, therefore Genji won’t be nerfed because the tops like him being overpowered.

1 Like

This was not always the case. Multiple times when Genji players talked about nerfing certain heroes (i.e. Doomfist, Sombra), they would get defensive and say that. :man_shrugging:

They. Do.

I’ll be sure to spew some jargon about intellectual dishonesty when someone has a different opinion next time.

Doubt. In this forum people would drag Genji into balance discussion because they want to scapegoat him. Don’t think Genji players would jump in uncalled unless provoked.

If that someone’s opinion goes against a fact, sure.

I’d say strong but balanced. Now tracer on the other hand… you thought pulse bomb nerf was bad just give me the controls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You say he’s balanced… but you don’t mention how…

You should also mention:

• Dash + Rightclick + melee combo got removed

• Bleeding effect got removed

1 Like

my view towards Genji…
His kit is way too forgiving to be considered a “high skilled” hero, and yet people say he is balanced.
Triple jump removed - because it was never intentional
Deflect size lowered - overdue 10 seasons late + bug fix
Dash reset every 1 damage done upon 1 character- good luck for any class without mobility to deal with him
Dragon blade - biggest melee hitbox in game + speed increase - everyone is screwed (even tanks get melted with a large damage contribution from Genji)
Mobility - effective in any plane of movement (Tracer - only horizontal, Pharah - mostly verticle)

Conclusion, Blizzard cant balance their star characters

2 Likes

‘even in goats time’. Genji capitalizes on goats. You people should really start listening to top 500 players explaining things. Genji excels in tank comps because he can farm his blade easier. He’s also one of the few heroes that doesn’t care about brigitte’s shield or armor because of his dragonblade and swift strike. Of course he’ll have a great pickrate.

1 Like

He doesn’t need a nerf, his hitbox is fine deflect is also fine, a little bit weird when shooting him in the back, but it’s forgivable, and he is not blizz’s golden boy, tracer is. I am a high master/gm player main Ana/Dps and stopped playing genji a long time ago. I can’t explain high pickrates, but I would guess it’s because he is a a fun hero to play. Also if genji is too easy too play, I guess all heroes are easy to play lol.

You don’t nerf balanced heroes. who would’ve guessed

Because he doesn’t need to be changed.

Call me original, toxic, etc, but git gud.

Why are genji nerf threads always full of people saying git gud? Much more than other hero nerf threads. I mean the whole argument is that as Genji you don’t need to git gud because you get carried by your hero, so telling someone to git gud in response is just gibberish.

Or is it just “u mad bro” trolling, then nevermind anything I said…

The git gud argument stems from the fact that many people cry for nerfs to X hero, when X hero is in fact balanced and that person’s negative perception of X hero is due to the fact that they cannot win against that hero due to their own game-sense and/or mechanical skill.

He actually got nerfed once. The dragon blade was 8sec and they reduced it to 6 in the early days of the game

Because Genji is “perfectly balanced”. Especially his deflect, which deflect everything it should and shouldn’t, and, surely his dash cd reset.

Genji is “perfectly balanced” always.

1 Like

the key to dealing with genji is learning to track on him when they double jump.