Why Are Plat Players Dissed So Much By The Community?

Actually that is incorrect as plat makes up the majority of players.

Gold means you are learning but you still have problems. Plat means you are good in most areas but they are not refined.

most plat players pretend to think they know what theyre talking about which just becomes cringey when they post such annoying topics like nerf x hero because they cant counter them.

2 Likes

No mate, the SR rank is actually around 4,7 max, so the average, including player population spreads is around 2100 SR.

Plats are actually above average thats why they get so much trash: Because to GMs and Masters, Plats are players that believe they are “cooler” than the average but they still dont compare to them.

Thats where the “elitism” and trash talk about Plats come from: Masters and GM.

PS: Those dudes that are actually plats or barely diamonds acting elitist and calling “Plat chat” are quite cringy.

5 Likes

no one above 3k cares about plats hate to break it to you, the only elitism I see is people not wanting to see garbage takes (not every plat player)

Last time I checked most players were in plat, guess that got changed. I’ll double check that.

I do not support elitism of any kind.

Idk, unless you have the current demographics of the playerbase of each rank that prove otherwise then I’ll change my mind. Just for now, I’ve been seeing similar demographics such as this. I know gold and plat make up most of the fanbase but gold had always had more and I’ve always found it average rank (especially how most newcomers are usually placed like around silver/gold rankings).

I couldn’t find any 2020 demographics but this is the best I got.

1 Like

Remember when you thought being mid silver was cool? Then you joined the forums and were like, oh frick, I’m not even remotely cool. 2000 of the 5 people on the forums are in t500. Wait what?

is in bronze support cutely

2 Likes

That is not surprising since because of open queue and role queue the rank distribution will be very messy.

Moat people cannot work in a team, so if you can already do that then that is impressive. Even more so if you can do it without throwing a fit or being toxic.

“Regular titles” as you put it give more power to a single player not a group.

1 Like

Actually, Gold is the average rank.

This is a common misconception, so I won’t blame you for it.

4 Likes

Fair, I might have been looking at old data.

Because of the ‘‘acceptable rank’’ inflation that people pull out whenever its convenient for their arguments.

Its the same kind of argument, but reversed, that when people pretend to care about bronze/silver for balance when it comes to nerf/keep nerfed heroes they dont like.

Soon, I am sure it will become even more popular to say that Tracer needs nerfs amongst GM players, and the aiming justice warriors will start saying that only pro-players have valid opinions because they are only ones playing the ‘‘true game’’, and that GM is ‘‘just a mid rank’’ compared to pro-players.

2 Likes

Because people above their rank (from diamond and up) have lost all their humility and think they have the right to look down at the others, and plat are the ones who are teamed up with them the most .

1 Like

Based on these stats given from jeff himself, it entirely depends on what part of gold you are in. Gold and below is 61% of the population, where gold is higher than 29%. But if you take into consideration smurfs, people who don’t play anymore, etc, then you’re probably an average player if you’re gold.

4 Likes

Yes I was incorrect, my mistake.

4 Likes

back to the topic at hand, this is why i feel like plat is the most “memed” rank. Gold being the average rank and you finally got out of that average demographic and promoted to above average. SOME PLAYERS however get this huge ego boost because now they see themselves out of the “average” demographic and i gotta say: from what I’ve seen in my experience, many act as if they are know-it-alls in the game.

It’s kinda annoying to deal with because in plat, people act like know it alls, one tiny mistake and your team flames you immediately, everybody asking you to switch to x-hero, insults and egotistical people, a weird mixture of skillsets in a wide range, yeah you get the point. It’s a mess of a rank, worse than gold imo.

2 Likes

I’m a Plat tank player now, but when I started the game in Silver seeing people dissing Plat players all the time used to make me feel bad lol. I thought “wow, if they think Plat is such thrash, imagine what they think about me”

1 Like

Yes, this is around the high platinum range where it is the worst.
Generally in diamond it gets a bit better because they know their limits.

Not trying to be that guy but there are garbage takes from all ranks and that includes pros

5 Likes

I really doubt that you can speak for every single player in OW across the entire world to make that claim so no, I am not believing you.

Also sorry to bust your bubble mate, but “garbage takes” dont have a rank. They come in every size and colour and many different ranks, including Diamond, Master and GM.

#freefactsforyou

2 Likes