Why are Blizz so silent?

now here I disagree. the game needs to be balanced around GM and t500.
If you start nerfing for bronzies, you get situations like roadhog and where he is right now.

he’s literally point and click man. There is no need to nerf or buff him for the sake of bronzies.
bronze is not a rank to balance a game around. Nor is silver.
i say gold/plat is where all the characters should have a 50% winrate.
the higher the rank you go up, the more that winrate will naturally go up.
the lower you go, the less of a winrate you’ll have. Thats how skill naturally works imo.

And thats how the game SHOULD be balanced.

https://gyazo.com/629e870a1622e926000f72cdf603a0c0

looks like mercy’s gold stats are going to land her in f-tier, and they’re predicted to continue to go down.

https://gyazo.com/629e870a1622e926000f72cdf603a0c0

here’s gold level support right now.

mercy’s winrate only goes above 50% in Plat, Diamond, and GM.

i think this kinda says something.

It basically says Mercy is overpicked, and people don’t know what times to play Mercy and what times to switch off Mercy.

1 Like

There’s a difference between balancing around t500 and GM vs completely ignoring lower ranks. That’s not fair to anyone in those ranks. They’d effectively ignore you as well.

Easier heroes should be balanced around lower levels of play while harder heroes should be balanced around high tiers of play.

That’s simply how balancing a game like this works. It works for LoL, Dota, Paladins, etc.

you opened my mind up a bit,

gg.

but yeah, I still think that winrate should try and be 50% at gold/plat tbh cus thats where most of the players landed.

Yeah right after OWL they went silent. Something suspicious is happening in the shadows…

Idk its more or less the same silence they’ve always had with us so its not really a surprise imo.

Lets hope that its because they are doing something big (c’mon blizz, you can do big things)

you are not wrong that plans do change , if others find her fun good for them ,
but don’t you think it’s weird that after 13 nerfs they still think this mercy is balanced ?

mass ress was “unfun” but everyother cheap ult is “fun” to play against

2 Likes

sorry, but not really. like, at all.

cause these forums are flooded with mercy threads and they don’t care about those. They’ll come back once Mercy threads subside.

The thing is, everyone on both teams except for Mercy saw it as unfun. “Run in and die on point” was a horrible and unfun strategy. I’m not sure how forcing yourself to die is fun at all.

Having your team’s work undone by someone that pressed 2 buttons without direction and was basically playing a quick time event is not fun either.

is reaper ult fun to die against ? or aimbot soldier ? or junkrats ?

but no just mercy was unfun , the rework was a mistake it was based on feeling
they could’ve and should’ve nerfed her ult

1 Like

And this goes back to “being unfun is not a reason to change something”.

THe thing is, Reaper ult has significant counterplay. So does Soldier’s and Junkrat’s.

Soldiers? Stand behind a wall/barrier/kill him. Junkrat? Just shoot the thing and if you find Junkrat, he’s extremely vulnderable so you can kill him.

There’s counterplay to all of these while they’re happening. Mercy literally just looked at her dead allies, pressed shift and then Q when she got close enough.

The chance of CCing a fast flying enemy is really low (As CC only existed on <5 heroes at that time). The chance of killing her was extremely low. Nobody except hitscan could even hit that because she flew so fast and even still, they’d have to aim a lot.

Wanna know the worst part of her old ultimate? Her and allies were invincible and immune to CC for almost 3 full seconds.

Please, tell me how this was balanced again.

If this was Bungie they would have made the headlines on Polygon, IGN and pretty much everyone one else. Blizzard for some reason is immune to the press backlash for some reason even though they have made very questionable decisions.

yet they did change something for being unfun for the ennemy

some ideas , ressed players were immune for 1 second

plus they could’ve taken her invul and make her have some dmg reduction

but yeah the rework was a good idea am i right ?

1 Like

And allies. And literally everyone in the match except for Mercy herself.

It was even sometimes unfun for Mercy because she was so uninteractable. She literally had a 100% chance of doing her ultimate if she got close enough, which was incredibly easy.

What? Some ideas? What? Some people are suggesting this as an idea? How about considering it’s not going to come back, nah.

But they didn’t. The entire thing was an issue, not just a single part of it. That’s why it got removed and rebalanced.

Yes. It was good. It was actually probably one of the best reworks for the entire game that has ever happened.

I have to ask, my own curiosity entices me. Why are you putting spaces after before your punctuation? You did it before your question mark, comma, and did the same in all previous comments.

Is it like a phone thing? This is a bit off topic but I’m genuinely asking as it’s incredibly unusual thing to see and I’ve seen a lot of it lately.

I agree, plus as I’ve said quite a few times, still no dev update at the start of the event, like they normally do.

1 Like

What you and seemingly several other people don’t get is… where in there do they say even a single word addressing the following complaints:
“Mercy is boring.”
“Mercy doesn’t feel impactful.”
“Mercy isn’t fun.”

I don’t see a word of it. I see mention of her viability… but that hasn’t been the issue Mercy mains had since after the rework launched.

The fun fact about conversations is… if you are talking to someone and they say something that is obviously to you… but doesn’t really address any of what you ACTUALLY said… what are you going to do? You’re going to either say what you said again but louder or try and explain it in a different way because they either didn’t hear you or didn’t get it.

This whole Mercy firestorm that’s been going for almost a full year now is that particular bit of human behavior turned up to 11. Blizzard could have headed it off at nearly any point by making a statement that actually addressed Mercy players’ actual concerns… but they still haven’t.

2 Likes

Well i’m not hmm i’m not a native american or yeah english isn’t my native language
Plus i had to learn it on my own , some people trolled me others helped me
from knowing english and then learning french too, i can say it’s a bit of a mess sometimes

They don’t address those complaints. Because they’re entirely subjective complaints.

The thing is, Blizzard has already stated how balancing works.

There’s 3 points in the triangle. Blizzard opinion, community opinion, and statistics. Jeff has said if 1/3 is upset, it’s worth looking at. If 2/3, a statement and potential tweaks or changes. If 3/3, a definite change.

They already said that the statistics and Blizzard feel as though Mercy is fine. A small part of the community portion (that’s barely, if at all, 1/3) believe it’s not fine. Thus, it got looked at, and got a tweak. This happened multiple times.

Just because it’s not the tweak you wanted doesn’t mean they didn’t respond at all. Just because it’s not the direct response you wanted doesn’t mean it’s not addressing the issues players are complaining about.

This is the main problem with these Mercy spammers. They believe that their voice isn’t being heard or the direct responses don’t answer their questions when in reality, they’re all Blizzard even has to say.