Why are Blizz so silent?

Like what Summer games?

The same reason why we never heard:

“…Hi, it’s Jeff from the Overwatch Team, we got a ton of feedback regarding Mercy from you guys. Thank you for that. Let’s get through some of the points you made…”

Or put any other hero in this if “Mercy” offends you that much.

3 Likes

I appreciate you took ur time to write to me

Thanks '^^

I try to respond as well and thoughtful as I can.

Most people don’t think like I do, let alone bother to see anything but their own perspective on the issue.

Generally, those users are hard to persuade. I tend to stop trying after ~4 messages. But when a civil disagreement gets found, i’m completely fine with it. As long as you don’t hold it above my head in any future interactions or break CoC/EULA.

Too many players break those 2 rulebooks. And that’s what I strongly dislike.

1 Like

not talking about mercy. Talking about most patches.
Like the Dva DM nerf, the roadhog damage nerf.
These were all pointless to make imo, and the reasoning they gave us for these things dont match what they’ve given us.

“oh dva flutters her dm, better get rid of it”
ignores they can increase the cooldown which will then make dva’s subtly prioritize Ults more than just random fire, and also gives dva counterability

Wew

“well roadhog flanks, we gotta get rid of that.”
removes his damage, doesnt make his footsteps louder so the low ranked players can snap out of their tunnel vision and remember to check flanks, nope, just get rid of that damage and make him into a spam RNG machine

Wew

I agree insulting the devs should be bannable, however that still doesnt mean they should stop talking.

Nope, that’ll just result in a giant smear campaign against the game and ultimately its not hard to make such a campaign due to how badly the balances were the past year.

good.

Its not hard to make a list of your points, effectively trim the fat, word it properly, and produce a video about it. Aka, make a good script and make a youtube vid about it. Like that one mercy player.

2 Likes

The Orange quote is in reference to when Mercy pickrate looked like this:

1 Like

i can’t trust a company that says one thing and does another

when they reworked her didn’t they say they will revert her if she is not as inpactful or “feels” good to play her , i hardly play anymore

3 Likes

gonna say this now.

Pickrate is flawed.

You’re always going to have a support character no matter what.

Imo, pick rate should be divided up based on class and not in sum for all the characters in the game because that produces artificial inflation cus like Bastion for example. he never gets picked. but yet in comparison to mercy, mercy would seem to be picked too much.

Thats why imo, supports, tanks, and dps should get their own class seperation pick rates.

I don’t think that. I think any sort of criticism is good. But there’s a line to not cross.

You can insult the developers on their work, their practices, anything. But as soon as you go into anything personal, that’s where the ban lies.

You know Mercy players make up <5% of the entire community right? Most of, if not over half of Mercy players at the moment are just FOTM players. They aren’t going to literally die for Mercy like lots of these players on the forums seem to be.

Much discussion.

Here’s the thing. As Gui Fieri once said “Fat is flavor”. Not only does it add onto the post itself, but it also makes a point. But trimming out the “fat”, you’re missing important parts of the post.

Also, responding in this manner doesn’t exactly help as responding to the topic as a whole prevents things from being taken out of context like this method seems to.

Also, that Mercy player that made that one video hardly even made a script. It was a rant about how Mercy mains were being treated by OWL and Blizzard with hardly any thought on the game as a whole, balance, or other heroes besides Mercy.

K. Well this is where we are right now.

And here’s the thing. Whether you like it or not, she feels much better to play. Most players agree with that. The only ones that seem to disagree are those that want the old Mercy back or something else.

Also, that statement was negated by the previous statement on Feb 8th that I linked to above.

Here’s the thing. Blizzard found her to be more impactful. A majority of the community found her to be more impactful.

Blizzard soon realized she is too impactful and thus, she got a few nerfs. Now that some players think she’s not fun or doesn’t feel good after the nerfs, they call back on this old statement said ~13 months ago that doesn’t have merit now.

Revert her if she doesn’t feel impactful implies the fact this means shortly after her rework’s release. Not a full year after the rework.

It’s amazing how players don’t realize that words expire, plans change, and general thoughts on the game as a whole change as well.

Mercy’s not fun for some mercy players? Okay. Well, almost everyone else thinks she’s still somewhat fun when they play her.

Comparing someone to their past self is not only self absorbed, but prevents a more whole view of the situation.

“I can’t believe my younger self used to do <insert action here>” but everyone around you in your current you thinks you’re a jerk. (Not mentioning you specifically in this example, but just pointing out how it shows a narrow view on the situation)

HOLY CRAP 28% PICKRATE WHAT

Of all the supports, she’s still #1 in that aspect and dropped less than 1% winrate in 3 days.

Give it a few more days for this to balance out. Maybe a week at most.

well trimming the fat is a saying in literature to help make your point more punctual and have more of an impactful meaning.

imo, mercy players are treated badly. They could’ve talked on the mercy mega thread. But yet their threads constantly got shoved into a mega thread no matter what the conversation was about it, but if it had mercy in it, it got shoved in it.

This happened for like a year.

People constantly breaking TOS in there and not getting banned for like months.

Then randomly it gets dropped and mercy gets nerfed again.

literally what is this.

I dont even know what that is.

Also, i think the devs got pushed onto a new project.

They recently announced that they might make some battle royale game during the last event.

Now this event, the summer games event is lack luster.
Imo, this is a sign that they got pushed off the game because what else can they do? imo, blizzard has a team that only works on new IPs/titles, they take up people from the new title and put the key figures of that team, hire some more workers, and make them into a new team and have them produce that new IP.

its the only way where they can try and create a smooth transition.

in gm, zen has a higher pick rate and a much higher win rate though and he wasnt even buffed.

ZEN NERF WHEN??? -everyone

also, every other support has a higher win rate that mercy lmao.

what is this.

28% is a pretty solid decrease from 36%.

Because It’s Summer and they need a little vacation.

Jokes aside.

They might be preparing something new for the game that will blow the community’s mind.

I still have fate in the game and it’s developers.

While it is a solid decrease, it still is a huge number compared.

When 3/10 games you’re picking Mercy
1/5 You’re picking Ana
and 1/5 games you’re picking Moira, it doesn’t leave much to grasp.

Indeed there is. It’s sad that those people who actually go out of their way to provide well-written constructive feedback suffer because of the many people who provide nonconstructive criticism.

Well Mercy numbers are always going to be High because of Gold and below picks.

Primarily because her effectiveness tanks at anything higher ranked than gold tbh.

Vacation maybe? :man_shrugging: