✅ While you wait: Tank Queue

Well, I do have somewhat of a fix for that with this.
✅ Fix: Frequent game balance

Also if throwing for lootboxes would be a problem, then just don’t give out lootboxes for while-you-wait-Tank-Queue.

Since playing a legit game-mode probably doesn’t need a carrot.

What makes you such a special snowflake that you deserve a shorter Queue time than everyone else?

Queues are QUEUES… If you want to play dps, wait the time muffin

trading tank games for shorter dps qeue times, that could actually be worth looking into, i like it.

as someone who hate qeue times and don’t want to only go tank constantly this would be really neat.

It’s not really a shorter queue.

It’s just # minutes doing something else, for # minutes less in queue.

If anything it’s probably more minutes not playing DPS, overall.
Since you might play a 15 minute tank game, instead of having a 10 minute DPS queue.
But to spend nearly 100% of that time playing the actual game, rather than something arcadeish, is pretty cool.

Lol this is hilarious. Youve got zero idea how queue times even work.

Its like the entire community thinks the only reason dps queue times are so long is to punish you

Popularity and the amount of people playing the game are the only reasons, btw

I think I specifically know more about concepts involving role queue than most people on this forum :slight_smile:

Considering I was repeatedly pushing the idea of Role Queue for about a year, and my last mockup design about a month and a half before it came out was structurally almost identical to the one we got
✅ [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay

Your initial post clearly indicates you have no idea. You cant “trick” the queue system and even if you could making your queue time shorter would only make someone elses longer.

The queue system is just a math algorithm with an actual queue for DPS before it starts actively matching you.

And yeah, it would put you “ahead”, but that’s fine if you are “ahead” playing something else for 15 minutes, instead of going directly into a DPS match in 10 minutes.

Not if someone else’s queue time that “was supposed to get longer” becomes shorter as well by people trying to get shorter queues filling in as tanks. I don’t know if this statement helped to explain it.

Imagine wanting a DPS main to be one of your tanks in a competitive game…

All you DPS mains brought this on yourselves by complaining about tanks to the point of getting them nerfed into the ground.

Sit your queue.

Well, most offtanks are basically DPS heroes.

And the great part of this patch is by devaluing barriers, it makes it so “no barriers = automatically losing” isn’t necessarily the case.

So it’s much more possible to win with two offtanks.

So then queue tank and stop complaining.

Heh.

No stop with this nonsense … people would straight way throw when its not win-related … so either win 10 games with tank and get 3games fast queues with dps or leave it as it is. Queueing with a tank already reduces your time very much … especially in qp and low elos like plat gold diamond … majority of the playerbase has already tools to reduce queue times.

If they throw they’d get less time.
Less time means less minutes off the DPS queue.

If they throw enough, eventually they just derank their tank skill tier to some lower skill tier where it’s not throwing.

Not sure about this one, tank queue will be filled with nitwits that think they are DPS / dont really care about winning the match because they just want to win DPS time / Dont know how to play Tank and dont care to learn,

Furthering the problem, just how you soft throwed last match by playing Tank, when you get DPS, you´ll have another person soft throwing tank and lose anyways

DPS queue will always be really high, theres physically nothing you can do about it and people will need to understand this, people want to play dps and shoot people, they dont want to heal nor protect the team, and those who do are very few,

Notice how they are turning all tanks into Fat DPS in PTR? to appeal to DPS,

i dont know why the entire game is shifting into “how to appease the DPS to stop playing DPS” but its stupidly annoying,

So doesn’t “tanks designed to play more like DPS” solve the problems of “DPS playing tanks like DPS”?

It alienates the people who played tank for tanking, which is what you should be doing,

I figure one main tank, combined with a kill things offtank, would usually be a decent game in lower-middle skill tiers.

Especially since shredding enemy barriers, or killing enemy tanks, or knocking a rein out of position, kinda equalizes a lack of barriers.

You know that there are many many ways to throw … this community is the worst in terms of ruining games. Giving them even the tiniest room would result in throwing …