“While You Wait” is laughable

Where to begin…

WYW is not a feature…it’s an effort to downplay the mess that was created with RQ…in fact the very notion of there being a need to do something while you wait to PLAY the game would’ve been ridiculed at any point in the games history…because we never had to wait to play the game to begin with…

As a player of the game I’m honestly insulted that blizz announces this as something I should look forward to…

A) I didn’t sign up for RQ…if I wanted 222 in all my games I could’ve just used LFG…heck I could create a group in less time than it takes me to find one nowadays…(you should’ve just improved that by the way)

B) when I click comp it’s because I want to play comp (even less now with the stale map pool system)…if I wanted to skirmish I would turn that on…when I click QP I’m trying to get a “quick” game of OW (the irony of all ironies in current OW)…

What exactly am I looking forward to? The ability to play the game? I could do that before…

We should change the name to what it actually is:

Distraction mode

127 Likes

Being able to sit in the training range while waiting for a game was a long requested feature though. But yeah, if people just used LFG we wouldn’t be in this mess.

135 Likes

It helps me grind hours better. Albeit, I do not really want to play deathmatch. Wish I could grind coins in QP instead.

1 Like

Role queue was a response to the developers not being able to balance the game to create a 2/2/2 meta, it really had nothing to do with the overall player base, it was all to do with the OWL, triple tank/support is just not interesting to watch.

66 Likes

Are you a GM or top500 player?

It probably wasn’t for you. Your dps queue times on average are less than 6 mins.

15 Likes

I have 10 minute queue times at plat. What are you on? Maybe you should try actually queuing for DPS instead of looking at the little indicator that pretends it will take more than 10 seconds to get into a match as a tank. Rofl.

42 Likes

I’d rather have it than not, tbh while you wait to get into a competitive match is fine. But for Quickplay…no, kinda defeats the whole purpose of Quick Play.

10 Likes

We already have a superior WYW feature, its called the Alt-tab out.

12 Likes

Iz a change for us console peasants.

8 Likes

Is anyone? That’s like 1% of the player base? The vast majority of complaints you see on here about queues are NOT gm and top 500’s…the need for them to do something (really what wyw is…something) does not come strictly from those ranks (hence the post)

1 Like

The anti-role queue stuff is getting tiresome. The line is now fair and if people want faster queues then queue for more than one role. That’s the ONLY reason the old system was faster.
People would queue, jump to the front of the line for DPS with an insta-lock and hold the win condition hostage until someone else (never them) swapped to needed roles other than DPS.

and LFG isn’t even remotely the same as a 2-2-2 balanced game with per role SR.
Yes DPS queue times suck. They hopefully get a bit better with the new brawler tank PTR patch (if we ever get it). They could also be better tomarrow if more DPS would just queue for other roles, like how the old system was, but the just will not do it.
Yet they also don’t seem to like to wait in a fair line.

I really don’t get what anyone expect to happen at this point.

59 Likes

Exactly this if people paid attention to all the pre 222/queue discussion…it wasn’t rocket science…

Regardless doesn’t change the fact that this is nothing but damage control on blizz’s part (hence why I find it insulting)…to their credit they at least had to foresight to leave QPC available…cause without it they probably lose an enormous chunk of player base (they probably still have)

11 Likes

That’s not healthy tho if you wanna warm up before a match, 10 minutes later and you were focused on something else entirely instead of the game, when you could be doing death match or some practice in a workshop.

2 Likes

There are a lot of game superstitions. My friends believe Skirmish is the Devil, and increases queue times.
I’m like ‘skirmish is the fun zone and does not increase queue times guys stahp.’

1 Like

OW is a “games as a service” and you knew that when you purchased the game. Your $40 (or what ever you paid) is granting you access to the servers to play the game, nothing more. What you did or did not “sign up for” is irrelevant. The Devs are going to make the choices that they feel are best for the overall health of the game. At that point it’s your choice to accept those changes or not.

Personally, 2-2-2 has breathed new life into this game for me and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Ranked Mode was a complete cesspool prior to Role Que and I had completely checked out of this game. Now I at least get more consistency in my Ranked Mode matches which has made the game far more enjoyable, regardless of wait times.

28 Likes

I have to apologize from my teammates when I don’t get that headshot because I was training my dog to give paw.

this man said sum healthy

I’ll laugh hard if this WYW feature will match players according to your rank. Imagine being Diamond+ and being in queue to play a match to spend your time while queueing to play another match. Queueception!

6 Likes

it’s better than nothing i’d say

it’s cool if you want to stare at the “finding a match” screen we won’t judge… or even know about it actually

naah they announced it as something you can try on the ptr and they’d be happy to see if you found any bugs

well i didn’t sign up for mercy 2.0 either but i loved it anyway and i def didn’t sign up for the nerfs either but i’m enduring it anyway either you accept it or leave
the anti 2-2-2 crowd isn’t big enough to force a revert and i’d assume the devs aren’t willing to spend another 8 months balancing the game around the new uhhh… old system all over again

there was no matchmaking in LFG so you could’ve just grouped up with someone who was 1000sr lower than you or higher than you and those games are frustrating lemme tell you that (i’m assuming you weren’t gonna play comp)

LFG wasn’t perfect and it wasn’t working as well you think it was i used it a few times ppl would leave after one loss oh and after saying something nasty or you’d just get grouped up with someone you genuinely didn’t want to group up with either bc of their personality or bc they were living in australia and they were lagging really hard… ok maybe that only happened to me…

my qp queues pop in less than 2 mins whenever i play solo yes it’s not as quick as it used to be but it’s a lot quicker than a lot of other games… at least the ones i play

love, the ultimate achievement in life

i actually like that name

4 Likes

I welcome your counterpoints as I’m am simply giving my opinion and I expect many will disagree but I think this one in particular is absurd…there is matchmaking in all game modes (including arcades and including LFG)…even comp is done based on MMR (not SR as people claim…click Wyoming’s dev database there’s a Jeff post about it)…furthermore you CAN restrict SR disparity in LFG…that’s always been an option as far as I know

3 Likes