No one talking about "while you wait"

I can only speak as to how i feel: When i queue for a match, i want to actually play a match, not deathmatch, skirmish or shooting helpless bots in the practice range.

4 Likes

If you believe that then don’t play deathmatch in-between??

Then queue for a role with a shorter queue?

Bliz can’t just make shorter queue times just like that … It doesn’t work like that.

11 Likes

Well, the easiest way to do that for GM skill tier is giving less SR for a DPS win. High skill tiers are too populated by DPS players. So depopulate them.

For more average Tanks, you want something like a “DPS Queue Boost Ticket” for a Tank win. However that would only speed up the queue enough to make it so queues are quick in Gold/Plat. So the rough equivalent of 6-10 minutes.

Yeah and who broke everything? :smiley:

3 Likes

that post did not age well

:rofl:

2 Likes

I mean I made a whole post that semi blew up last week about how I think it’s a laughable distraction from the games issues…we talked about it plenty…“While You Wait” is laughable

1 Like

It wont fix anything at all.
If Ill be gaining 20sr instead of 25, what it changes?
Not to mention, thats in some way the way it worked before.

Broken? What’s broken? I don’t see anything broken…

It’s been great for me since role-queue was added. I’ve had a much better experience in comp and qp.

6 Likes

It slowly deranks a portion of the DPS players in GM-to-Plat.
And it also gradually make it relatively easier to climb with Tank relative to DPS.

Could even give a few extra SR for Tank wins.

Because they are not releasing it.

When it shows up maybe.

It wont derank gm players. To be gm you had to maintain highly positive winrate anyway when we had decay.

Because it’s an obvious solution and what should have been in before.

lol wut. It’s coming out tomorrow

3 Likes

If 20SR for a win wouldn’t do enough.
And 5SR for a win absolutely would do the job and kinda be overkill.

Then there logically should be some number inbetween that would do the job, while being as high as possible.

Not sure when you joined the game, 5sr is what many of us were gaining before they cancelled performance based sr for diamond and higher :joy:

Evn 5sr gains didnt stop people from reaching masters and gm

because its not a good addition.

skirmish has been in the game since conception and most players don’t use it.

it changing to death match and custom games wont change that feeling for 90% of players.

I see maybe widows playing Widow HS only while they wait and anas playing ana paintball while they wait.

otherwise its a virually useless bandaid to a problem that needs a real solution

1 Like

Yeah, but the main difference is whatever it is, would be higher for Tank/Healer.

So let’s say it’s 6 for Tank, 5 for Healer, and 2 for DPS.
Or something in that ratio.

I still fail to see how it will make me play tanks or anyone else. Or how it will make me derank.

People reach masters and higher not because of sr gaining, but because of skill difference. A 4200 Hanzo player will punish again and again all those masters even with 5sr gain until he reach the point where he cant punish enemies (4200 level) and starts to get punished himself by better players.

I mean, I just don’t think many people care.

Like, if I wanted to play DM or Workshop games, why would I be queueing for Competitive in the first place?

It’s a step in the right direction, don’t get me wrong. One of the biggest complaint about role queue is that you either had to choose between afking at the menu, or going into a skirmish, starting a dance/sit emote, then afking. It’s nice to actually be able to play the game. It’s just… I don’t feel like what they’re offering is something a lot of people actually want to do, and I’m not sure if they can offer something better.

3 Likes

It is a good feature for the game. I’ll mostly use it for the practice range, but all and all it was a smart move adding this while still maintaining role queue.

1 Like